Fight Question

Saw the fighting thread and wanted to see if any Veeky Forumsizen can relate.

Every time I get into a confrontation I get really shaky from the adrenaline, I mean shaking like a newborn giraffe, can barely speak and feel like I am going to pass out. My vision narrows and no matter how angry I get I can't shake that feeling.

I feel like if I got into an actual fight I might just drop before a blow is thrown.

Any fighters who can give advice?

Other urls found in this thread:

leehayward.com/workout_programs/
breakingmuscle.com/fitness/how-to-prepare-your-mind-and-body-for-basic-training
imdb.com/title/tt5074352/
expertboxing.com/boxing-training/boxing-workouts/why-lifting-weights-wont-increase-punching-power
youtube.com/watch?v=DhbtCIQuGv4&
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

IT happens, if ur not used to fight.

Im a boxer and anytime i do heavy sparring, mi heart is pumping like its gonna race out of mi chest, thats why u get so tired boxing.

Ur really muscular? U may have trouble because ur heart cant pump enough blood to fuel all ur muscles, thats maybe why u think u may drop before any real fighting.
But the shaking is only nervousness and it happens to us all, those of us who are used to fight just get over it and fight because thinking like thinking that droping is a solution, is forgetting how much someone could hurt u, if ur not standing to defend urself.

That's probably it then, I haven't been in a fist fight since high school.

That's actually solid advice, I need to push through it. Thanks user.

Do you recommend boxing classes too?

Yes, for everyone i even recomend boxing to women.

and i have practiced martial arts, but nothing has the same depth and usefullness as boxing.

Muay Thai and ju jitsu are the meta of fighting. All other martial arts are supplementary.

>take away 90% of useful moves you could do in a fight
>more depth this way

Riiiiiight...

I used to take Muay Thai as a kid, but that was ages ago.

It was great though, but I hardly remember any of it. So Muay Thai is better than boxing then?

take a serious martial art class

once you get hit in the chin and see that it can't really hurt you so much, you will lose most of your fear

also, youll see that you can hurt other people if you want to

U dont get an understanding of movements, power ,space, rhytm,distance in any martial arts, like u do in boxing.

Jesus fuck, seeing full contact fights and their timing is shit like exchanging kicks, waiting sending another kick, in boxing u go if the opponent is slower u up the rhytm force him to defend or try to attack if u let them room to breath, but their rhytm is out of their comfort zone and they pass out as theyre not used to those rhytm exchanges.
Muay Thai, is a great Martial art, so is Judo or Wrestling, but they hit way less than any real boxer, boxers just hit harder and than any martial artist.

oh wait but there is this superupperfuckerkick that can hit throug a wall, try to use it with that power outside ur imagination and tell me how it works for u.

i don't want to do boxing because i don't want to get concussions and become a braindead vegetable when i reach old age.

i think i would just stick to boxing training and doing lots of stamina work rather than actually going into fights. spare myself the brain damage.

That is solid, I remember when I started in Muay Thai though and a hit rock he head would cause me to lose my eyesight for a few seconds though...

I would be down for anything, I am kinda lanklet teir almost.

Any good routines to prep with?

>miring chad
>mfw I am usually the one bleeding out

God I wish that were me.

>U dont get an understanding of movements, power ,space, rhytm,distance in any martial arts, like u do in boxing.

Chances are some people do, otherwise why are the best fighters the best? You think someone like (meme warning) Buakaw doesn't have "an understanding of movements, power ,space, rhytm,distance"?

>they hit way less than any real boxer, boxers just hit harder

So what? Everyone kicks harder than a boxer. Other styles of fighting don't focus on punching that much because kicking is simply superior so there's no point to optimize your punch game when you've got kicks to dish out and kicks to worry about.

Boxing is a sport, not a way of fighting. If you want to learn how to fight why box? Boxing won't prepare you for a real fight. Your precious "understanding" is dependent on boxing rules. You have no defense in place for something as basic as a kick coming your way.

ROutine?
UP ur cardio, do rope, and also plyometrics those ar goat for builbind stamina in boxing.
Also tons of abs, (different tipes u need to build a seriously strong core to protect ur organs), and neck excerzises, neck Bridges ar great for that.
But if u wanan box, u need to also hit the bag, and all those things will be provided in a boxing gym.
Thats great, boxing is not just meant to compete, u can do boxing as some serious cardio and also be ready in case shit goes down, lets hope u never have the need to defend urself, but if u do is great to know how to box.

>nothing has the same depth and usefullness as boxing
>u
>ur
top retard

boxing does seem kind of dumb now that you mention it. the legs comprise of one of the strongest muscle chains in the body so it seems kind of dumb ignoring them when they can hit many times harder than a punch.

Wrestling is better than jiu jitsu. Proven again last Saturday.

Routine = on my last week of leehayward.com/workout_programs/

Then I am switching to stronglifts for 12 weeks sumplimented with this: breakingmuscle.com/fitness/how-to-prepare-your-mind-and-body-for-basic-training is that enough cardio?

Are you talking Greco-Roman?

I think I am too old to learn it.

In boxing everyone do, because is needed u dont practice any of those movements in any marcial art as u do in boxing u dont get a feel of ur knuckles hitting continuoslly until u feel pain on them, yes u do learn the movement and repeat it in the air in front of u, and then on exibitions, but u dont train to aling ur elbows,ur shoulders, ur back, ur feet in any move u do, not with the depth of it u get in boxing, u learn in most of them a talk about channeling chi or ki, aligning ur core and exploding(trasmiting ur chi), but most martial artist dont have the explosiveness an average boxer have.

I told before i have practiced martial arts, yeah maybe not the best of them but in any street fight u only need a punch to win if u throw it properly.Is just not likely that an street fight would start from long range from eachother, not likely u will be warmed up and with movement free trousers and even if u do, street fights dont last long, and ar way more intense that the speed ur used to.

And i have fighted a lot more that i wished too, and boxing is the most usefull thing in a conflict besides talking and social skills.

For all his linguistic errors, he's actually giving decent advice.

It's dumb to completely ignore legs, but consider the following: it's entirely possible to win an MMA fight without throwing a kick, but an MMA match without punches is something you're not going to see - further evidenced by every pro fighter training boxing, but only very few training a pure kicking art like taekwondo, despite it being a useful tool.

H A M M E R
A
M
M
E
R

Should I carry ball peen or traditional?

I wouldnt do arm isolates if u inted to do boxing, only compounds,arm isolations ar detrimental in the long term since they make ur musscle contraction better but impar ur explosiveness.

Also in cardio, yeah for starters thats great better than hooping out from the chair, but if i were u ill do some hit like those 20 minuts videos on youtube.

Sounds like a plan, stronglifts, pyramid and HIIT. Thanks for this fellas.

Pretty much every good wrestler in the states grew up with folk style and Greco roman in the off season. You're never gonna be a good wrestler if you're past college age. So much of it is just muscle memory and I've only seen one kid start in high school and become an actual stud. Most champs start as toddlers. Greco roman is probably more useful because it's toss heavy.

That's what I figured, it's hard for me because I was a framecell back in high school, now I am mid-20's. I wish I could learn but coaches are for high school level.

There are tons of club teams in the off season, especially in the fall. They are usually open to all ages. The most important thing you'll pick up is hip control and that's pretty useful for brawling. I would check it out. Are you in a wrestling state? PA NJ OH areas?

Im the boxer guy, and while i recomend boxing if u have to pick, i would have loved to learn wrestling i think is an amazing sport o art, depending how u look at it.

And also i write this because, i just ssaw last week a movie about wrestling, a bollywod movie but so good i have to recoment it:
imdb.com/title/tt5074352/

Also, ill share this since is real usefull for anyone thinking about mixing weights and boxing:
expertboxing.com/boxing-training/boxing-workouts/why-lifting-weights-wont-increase-punching-power

Do power cleans from the floor. Works explosiveness from the legs and hips. Great for any sport where powerful legs are needed but maybe not the muscle mass/weight.

That's because single kicks are easy to see and check for. I doubt that your average normie knows proper defense procedures even if the kick is telegraphed.

i heard 'explosiveness' was genetic

Sadly no, Commiefornia, I will check it out at my college, but at my age I am skeptical.

That's a dope-looking movie, thanks user, I might peep it after work.

Yeah while I'm glad I spent my entire youth wrestling I wish I had boxing experience. It's not super easy learning to put your legs into a punch. So if it means anything with my 0 boxing experience I would recommend boxing over wrestling. If anything just learn how to sprawl and takedown defense and you don't need a ground game.

this so fucking much

wrestling techniques, particularly simple things like stance, not "liking" being on your back, and sprawling are fucking huge. if you can do those things perfectly you are literally unbeatable, defensively speaking. these techniques can be learned very easily by the average American, particularly at a young age and throughout school.

im a big fan of boxing and muy thai for striking though too
i think the perfect fighter would have a scholastic wrestling base and add submissions that break bones and chokes, plus boxing and muy thai striking. the simplest version being a perfect wrestler and boxer.

Kek

Watch the dan gable documentary. I can't think of any better wrestling entertainment off the top of my head. Shit will motivate you.

Same goes for a punch really, as the average normie knows jack shit about fighting.

True, all I'm saying is that MT is the bread and butter of MMA striking for a reason. It seems counterintuitive to dismiss 6 striking weapons outright.

any of you guys have trouble finding the body rhythm in a fight (sparring) session?

I'm only six months in muay thai, but I often find myself really stiff. Though about taking dancing lessons to loosen up. Bonus: would learn to dance

Just beginner's apprehension/ anxiety probably. Should be a matter of time.

Fair enough. What I wanted to point out was that the depth of boxing makes it worth studying regardless of it dismissing those six.

Not sure if it'll help you loosen up, but dancing is fun. Picked up Argentine tango, which I don't regret.

what is body rhythm in boxing?

Boxing is great and punching maybe the most important aspect of striking but it isn't all there is to striking. There are tons of vids on youtube of boxers fighting with kick-boxers or muay thai fighters and having their fair share of trouble because they have less weapons to utilize. Mind you the boxers who for example fought in K-1 had to take extensive training to learn how to handle kicks. If boxing was the end to all as you make it sound they'd walk right through kick-boxers and you wouldn't see kicks in mma, but both aren't the case. Kicks can be extremely powerful and punishing, they are something to respect.

>not "liking" being on your back
i wrestle, don't do anything else but my jits buddies tell me being on your stomache is even worse. Easy chokes and easy rabbit punches.

Boxing is better than wing chun, tai chi hung gar or what have you. But we're talking about other full contact martial arts, like muay thai or kickboxing. Those guys drill their basics, explosiveness and stamina no worse than a boxer

Just want to weigh in. Done martial arts for years and boxing is absolutely the best for a beginner and also what I recommend if you are only going to do one

But boxing is far more natural, most people can at least punch to some extent. A boxer will punch the same 5 punches 1000 times

No, i dont think is the end to all, i know if u were to become the best mma fighter in the world i probably would pick:
Boxing for striking.
Muay thai for clinching game(seriously usefull).
Wrestling.
Judo.

But what im trying to state is that boxing is usefull not to beat any mma artist, but usefull in the sense i will save u, if things go bad in the street, where ur more fucked if u go to the ground.

I know the biggest disadvantages in boxing against for example muay thai(clinching game), and also a kick hitting ur front leg without letting u position urself properly.
But a big mistake people make is thinking i know how to throw a kick ill beat a boxer anyday, but outside the gym things ar that smooth.
The thing is, if u got to clones one espending a year training kung fu and and the other a year training boxing, the boxer will come out knowing how to move how to hit, and how to take hits better than the guy in kung fu, while the kung fu guy will know way more strikes and moves than the boxer, but knowing how to move, and dodge in a fight is real hard to learn, and boxing focus a lot more in that than any other martial art or contact sport.

Op that happens to everyone who is uninitated. I take Muay Thai, it's quiet fun and I love the idea that I can pretty much fuck anyone up. Dude most people don't know how to throw a punch, let alone escape a clinch.

Look around your area, there are many gyms that give people a few days to try it before you sign up. You will be surprised at how much you can learn, it shows you there is a lot of style and why it's called an art. Who knows OP, you may get addicted and stick with it.

Kek get in the ring with someone who knows Muay Thai or Judo nerd. Obviously their sports rules.

youtube.com/watch?v=DhbtCIQuGv4&
Watch this in it's entirety 40 times and you will be G O L D E N

Read.

Go watch any amateur championship of boxing and for example kick boxing.Compare.
Check their speed, their dodges, and the way they stand on the ring, ull see the kickboxers backing off going in and out all the time, trying to set up 1 2 kick, and compare..

There's a Title Boxing Gym in my area, is that adequate? I figured it would be less expensive to get used to the foot movement, then transition to MT afterwards.

OP here, it's reassuring to know it's because I'm a scrub, and therefor normal. I used to take MT as a kid, there are some decent gyms for it around here, but it's costly. But, it if gives me better reflexes and helps me channel the adrenaline I'm for it.

Isn't Dan G. That really small but famous wrestler? I think I saw ads for it.

It's a different sport. Muay Thai has 8 contact points while kickboxing has 4.

The moment you get hit the shaking stops and that adrenaline is going to be your saving grace. That crazy internal pump is also going to keep you from getting knocked the fuck out.

People getting knocked out are usually sucker punched.

Kick boxer here. Boxing is great. But far from perfect. The East Asian martial arts are pretty much a fucking joke, I will agree there.

Kick boxing and Greco Roman Wrestling should be anyone's go too to get good at fighting.

Something I've noticed with alot of boxers is how much they underestimate someone who can kick well, kicking well.

Most boxer I know can barely lift their left up. I've practiced for years throwing straight kicks, roundhouses, and knees. I can throw my leg almost as quickly as someone can jab.

Depends on where the other guy is. Being on your back is bad whether he is above or below you. When you're on your stomach though, if he is below you you are in a prime position to gain and keep control. Just don't be on your stomach when he is on top of you.

Crazy. Want to join that boxing gym asap so I can get used to getting hit and hitting back.

maia with no stand up and being 40years of age couldnt do much to a decision artist pussy, wow so this is the power of wrestling