Is calf training a meme? How do i make my calfs bigger? I squat 4pl8 and and my legs look dyel when i where shorts

Is calf training a meme? How do i make my calfs bigger? I squat 4pl8 and and my legs look dyel when i where shorts.

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/answer-for-massive-calves
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

McDeadlifts 5x5
KFCurls 5x15-20
Burgerpress 3x8-12

Bump

I'd also like to know... I have nice THICC legs but skinny calves

High volume calf raises like 4-5 days a week. It's the only way I've seen progress.

>squat 4.5 plate
>deadlift 6 plate
>calves so small it looks like I don't train legs at all

>Is calf training a meme?
Yes.

Genetics or get on gear.

Genetics

People with small calves are evolutionary designed to sprint while people with large calves were evolutionary designed to climb mountains/walk uphill on a mountain. It all comes down to whether or not you're a Homo sapien sapien or if you're a subhuman Neanderthal.

You must target them specifically if you want them to look good. Compound lifts alone won't do it if your goal is aesthetics

You do curls, right? Calf raises are curls for your legs.

>Calf raises are curls for your legs.

No, curls are. Calves correspond to forearms dumbass

Leg curls*

Bicep = Hamstrings

like any other muscle you have to hit it until it's fatigued, and when you recover, hit it again

my calves have grown ever since i started training them, so don't listen to lazy people

Do barbell hold / calf raises at the same time. I add 5 lbs each week to a set of 20 reps and work my grip at the same time.

i mostly train for strength but it looks like i dont train my legs with these small calves, i want to be a swole daddy.
and i dont curl too much, like 6 sets max a week.

Just wear shorts that are snug at the bottom, really easy to find that style. Fuck training calves.

you don't need to do curls but you definitely need to do calves unless you have tons of cardio in your program

Calf raise aren't curls Dingus. No wonder your calves are small if you don't know how they work

i'm doing them literally 6x a week now, used to do twice to 3 times but apparently that aint enough

are you getting stronger?

what do you guys do? would having a pause at a seated calf raise work?

I just do once a week. Just add weight every time

no difference in my squats, but they grew a little bit.

t-nation.com/training/answer-for-massive-calves

do these daily, you can do them at home in like 5-10 minutes.

what? i mean are you getting stronger with your calf raises?

I'm a skelly bitch, bUT I have seen calf improvement and definition with high volume. I do 50 calf raises holding 100lbs, then 50 doing 50lbs. Twice per week.

Who has the biggest calves? Ballet dancers. They do high volume work. Follow their example.

Have children, all dads have mad dad calves