Sumo deadlift

Any bros that pull sumo on here? I have a hilariously disproportionately long torso compared to my legs as I'm 6'3 , would sumo be better suited for me? I can't pull conventional without rounding my lower back at anything ~80% 1RM . I do mobility work every week so I'm fairly flexible

Other urls found in this thread:

strongerbyscience.com/should-you-deadlift-conventional-or-sumo/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Conventional is better always unless you need to cheat like a little bitch.

>wahhhh muh proportions

Fuck that, I'm 6'4" you fucking manlet and I pull conventional exclusively because I ain't no bitch.

I can see your virginity through my computer monitor , does anyone have any actual valuable input or are you all incels like this fag?

Madlet

Do you know how I know your deadlift is piss weak?

but it's not though

I guarantee I pull more than you, both sumo, and conventional at 6'2".

fucking leglet

Is sumo an actual grip or meme that manifested one day? I swear I'm the only person who pulls sumo at my gym

>6'2

You aren't supposed to include your platform boots, Frodo.

>sumo
>grip

Lad...

Doesn't a long torso help with deadlift?

You are so ungodly pathetic lmao.

I bet you can't even pull 180kg.

I love how you speculate about my lifts when you know quite literally nothing about me

I could tell you my numbers, but you'd just call me a liar. I am enjoying how mad you are though, that's some tasty salt.

>I'd call you a liar

Shit lifts confirmed.

Stop being a bitch, strongmen are universally fairly tall and they pull conventional. How heavy is it when you start having problems? If it's not at least 4pl8 fuck off. If you insist you can't do conventional do this
>keep doing conventional but add rack pulls
>once your done rack pulling raise the height and add weight

Gee Willy you were just kinda weak and the deadlift benefits from training partials

That's fucking stupid.

You're retarded. Sumo is better for some people, if it's easier for someone to pull sumo than conventional, why the fuck do you believe that they have to "stop being a bitch"?

Why is someone not allowed to pull sumo according to you?

>cheat
im no expert on sumo
but cheating on other lifts can be a great way to build mass

yes dude my best max is 505 it doesnt fucking matter i dont know why every thread has to turn into a fucking dick measuring contest i simply asked you all if anyone fucking sumo deadlifts as im looking to try it to see if it fits my proportions well with my long torso but all i get is

>LMAO SUMO DEADLIFT xDDD !!11!! LE CHEATING
>YOU MUST PULL LE 4PL8 B4 PEE PEE POO XDDDD

this board really is shit nowadays. Sorry I even fucking asked

THESE are the bodies you get pulling sumoi

I do sumos for medium reps to train conventional for strength, but plenty of other people do the opposite so there's no reason you can't as well. I would do both either way though as conventional hits more muscles, but sumo is great for quads and others more than conventional. It's like front vs back squats.

But 6'4 is a good height to pull conventional. And Brian Shaw's arms are long as fuck if you're using that picture to prove anything.

Not to mention sumo is really hard when you first start doing it. It's almost a different lift though you still reap the rewards from it.

OP just doesn't want to ruin his life, he's probably not competing in anything. If he's scared, he should do sumo or at least try it. If not, then he should do block pulls or racks pulls.

I have the same problem. I am a true manlet at 5'8 but my torso is so long that I'm taller than people >6' if we sit side by side. The bar tends to hit me square in the dick too when I deadlift

>nowadays

You've never been here before, faggot. How the hell would you know? You'd have gotten the same exact shit one year ago, two years ago, three years ago, etc.

>Veeky Forums hates on sumo deadlifts while defending lowbar good-morning backsquats

LOL

Adding a bunch of stupid, untrue bullshit to the front of a word doesn't really do anything you know.

>lowbar good-morning backsquats

Those are squats. That's literally it. Squats. Fucking moron.

Lowbar is not a real squat.

Sumo is more comfortable for me. Wide stances are just more comfortable for me and sumo strains my lower back and knees less. I don't really care if it's considered a meme or cheating. I lift for myself, not some user's who probably don't go to the gym.

NOO NOOO

DO CONVENTIONAL DEADLIFTS LIKE RIPPETOE SAID!!!

If you don't do oly, you have no business squatting high bar. And if you do do oly, you better have an olympic fucking medal.

That's the most retarded logic I've ever heard.

>If you don't compete in powerlifting, you have no business squatting lowbar nor conventional deadlifting
this is your logic

>I lift for me

Then why do you deliberately deprive yourself of the superior gains and strength that would be derived from conventional deadlifts?

Sounds to me like you just want to be a fat, lazy lardass.

Tried it once. My groin felt like it was going to snap under the tension and my quads were tired within 0.001 seconds of holding the starting position.

No, because that's wrong. Lowbar and conventional should be the default picks. Do you understand yet?

>hurr logic
Stop trying to make yourself seem smart, it's not working.

They are not inferior for gains, and they do not make you fat nor lazy.

T. DYEL

You defaulting to the easiest possible method is what makes you fat and lazy, you stupid fucking fat lazy retard.

So why the fuck do you think lowbar is not cheating while sumo deadlifts are? Would really love some reasoning here.

Why would you not lift the way you enjoy and that works better for your antropometry?

Post your body and lifts please lmao

I thought you lifted for yourself, why are you suddenly interested in my body and my lifts? They aren't yours. Make up your mind, cocklover.

Because you're getting upset and throwing around insults because somebody wants to lift in a different way than you do. People much stronger than you have acknowledged that sumo works better for some people.

I'm not upset at all, I just like insulting people.

>different

It's the wrong way. I know because I don't do it.

>acknowledged that sumo works better for some people
Yes, and those people are faggots.

I get good gains and strength from sumo and it feels more natural to me. I do conventional occasionally, but I don't like it.

>Fat, lazy
K

You got to work on your hip flexibility for it, I had the same issue. And the lift off is the hardest part.

That user () wasn't me, broski

Really solid logic, really convincing me to do conventional now.

Works every time.

I don't think either are cheating. They're simply different ways of performing a lift that involve different internal leverages. If you think either are cheating you clearly have no idea how to do it properly.

>he doesn't think leverages play a part in which deadlift you should perform
wew

>reducing your ROM from 3.5 feet to 3.5 inches
>not cheating

thanks for your input dude, its a shame that its so impossible to have an educated discussion on actual lifting for once rather than sips memes, manlet threads, and all the other shitposting alike. Funny how anytime you ask these kids to post pictures of their physique or post their stats they pussy foot around it. You can tell who really lifts on here vs who is here just to shitpost despite never actually going to the gym

>being this insecure

>waaaaahhhh mommy the mean kids said memes to me waaaaahhhhhh

How do you even live when you're this pathetic lmao

if it was cheating dont you think every elite level powerlifter would be doing them?

>still hasnt posted his physique
>still hasnt posted his stats

Yes, yes, everyone saw your dumb little link when you posted it before.

And still nobody cares.

That's nu-Veeky Forums for you. If the fatass rippetoe and his obese trainee Zach don't do it then it's not really lifting.

>much smaller muscle groups do majority of moving
>highly dependant on proper form and technique, much more so than conventional
>this is in trade off of about 8 inches of reduced ROM

I tell my lifting friends all the time sumo is for girls and manlets, but foe you to say that sumo isn't a legitimate lift just because girls and manlets out lift you with it is ridiculous m

Sumo has always been hated faggot

>still hasn't posted his physique
>still hasn't posted his stats

Only by people like Rippetoe or random DYELs.

Candito, Nuckols and others all acknowledge that sumo isn't bad.

If sumo is "legit", then why don't I just go get a forklift and use that?

I'm still using muscles to operate it, so clearly it MUST be a legit lift.

Wow, manlets that profit off the use of sumo aren't against using sumo? That's some world changing shit right there.

If it's so illegitimate why don't you go pull your conventional max +10lbs sumo?

>Nuckols
>manlet

Lmfao

Cuz he'd only be pulling 235 anyways.

but why? I sincerely want to know how im supposed to deadlift conventional without breaking my back in the future because my torso is so long that whenever I squat my ass immediately tucks inward and my back rounds 99% of the time. If its not mobility or flexibility then it must be my leverages

>but why

Read your own fucking thread, you infantile fuck. You spent half of it bitching about the posts in it but apparently you didn't even fucking read them.

just do sumo who the fuck cares what some random faggot thinks

Deadlift whatever way is comfortable for you.

Unless you compete in weightlifting or powerlifting, the same applies to however way you like to squat.

Still 100 more than you, baby boy.

I was obviously referring to candytoe, moron. But of course, someone had to pretend I said something dumb so he could ma

>read your own fucking thread

yeah and all i got was sumo is for pussies and ripp doesnt like them so SS shills think their satan. Really solid info m8.. neck yourself

*make some stupid shitpost gloating about nothing

is how that was going to finish

That better be kg.

No, yeah, that random faggot actually guessed my stat down to the pound, isn't that incredible?

No, you fucking idiot, I was just mocking him.

There was no actual reasoning, the only things said were:
>ur a faggot
>ur gay
>sumo is 5 nanometers of ROM compared to conventional which is 5 meters of ROM
>ur a fag
>ur gay
>lol fag
>lol gay
>it's for manlets
>manlet
>ur a fag

When an actual article is posted comparing sumo to conventional nobody responds to it.

lol gay fag manlet

can't believe you actually wasted a portion of your life analyzing that shit so you could make some vaguely arrogant post about nothing

How new are you?

Why, I came here just a couple hours ago when my mom sent me a facebook link to this thread

I like that Pepe, consider it stolen.

Here's one for you, a token of my thanks.

>caring about what others might think of you when diddlying
you have to be 18 to post here

>he doesn't ask every member in the gym for permission to do his routine with the sets and reps he wishes to before he does it

Hello chad