So red pill we on who are the good guys and who are the bad guys?

So red pill we on who are the good guys and who are the bad guys?

Apparently the guys behind Segwit2X want to make mining less decentralised.

Blockstream seems to be against Segwit2X, some say because they love high fees.

which side are you on?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14347760
bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/the-blockchain-developer-shortage-emerging-trends-and-perspectives-1477930838/
coinmarketcap.com/currencies/segwit2x/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Segwit2X is a product of the Jews. That should be all you need to know.

The Segwit2X guys have no decent programmers.
S2X don't want to wait on the programmers to program things that makes bitcoin better, so they made an agreement to just go ahead and make the blocks bigger.
Programmers want more time, because this is important and don't want to screw it up.
The problem is basically trying to make BTC an actual currency.
Big blocks are good. I mean, it's a good idea, if you want twice as many transactions per second (a total of like 10, lol)
but programmers on Bitcoin want to actually make something that will actually scale. So things like second layer and lightning network and stuff is the only actual way to reach VISA levels.
Some people who don't understand how that works think that then you will lose money, or you will pay more fees, or that it will be more centralized, but it's just not that way at all.

some think that bigger blocks will make it more centralized, some think lightning networks will.
But then in both camps there are retards who are just taking this like a religion or something and go to extremes to insult the other side

1X = Christian fundamentalists
2X = big bang Jews
BCH = Chink coin

strawpoll.me/14347760

They are all friends behind curtains making a whole lot of money of these scams: bcash, bgold and b2x are made up forks designed to increment the amount of BTC after the splits.

bcash solves nothing, bgold solves nothing, b2x solves nothing.

It doesn't take any incredible programming talent to increase 1 MB to 2MB.

>which side are you on?
whichever one wins

>trying to make BTC an actual currency.
All i know is that it once functioned more like a currency than it does today.

From best to worst

Bitcoin Cash
Bitcoin SegShit1x
Bitcoin SegShit1x Gold
Bitcoin SegShit2x

yeah, I never implied the opposite.
The thing is, if S2X became BTC, and traditional BTC programmers left, there won't be anybody to keep adding features to bitcoin

Yes, some miners are spamming the network so that fees are higher. (Just google for some proof)
While fees are indeed high right now, some of the problems come from wallets not calculating the fees correctly and overpaying

they are doubling the block 'weight', not the size.

The possible maximum size with segwit2x will be 8mb blocks (filled with segwit tx's)

As did gold

That forces you to use segwit transactions some people don't want to be forced to use segwit.

There's no shortage of programmers.

Yes there is:
bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/the-blockchain-developer-shortage-emerging-trends-and-perspectives-1477930838/

You can still use non-segwit. The rest of us will get cheaper fees and make more room in the blocks for you.
When LN is active then we can ALL finally use BTC with tiny fees and instant confirmations. But you can still use the regular bulky transactions if you like.

>Apparently the guys behind Segwit2X want to make mining less decentralised.
Wrong. That was the case for Bitcoin Gold. This fork is just to increase block size

No.
Those who are against Segwit2X claim it will make bitcoin less decentralised.

I'm just here to make some gains trading crypto. I'm not one of you fucking cultists, so I don't really care who's the 'good guy' and 'bad guy'.

Will bitcoin cash ever be worth more than bitcoin?

Segwit2x is shit and just delaying the inevitable. Leave BTC alone

Whats the difference between the lightning network and fractional reserves?

sure are a lot of psyoped corecucks in here
>muh lightning network
>implying it won't just be a huge blockstream cash grab
desu I hope their greed finally kills core this fork

what happens to my legacy btc once the forkening happens?

2x is a Jewish Trojan horse sabatoage attempt from Rothschild to destory BTC and turn it into centralized pay pal 2.0

Srsly though, fuck 2x

I am reading that BTC2x is trading at ~15% of BTC core on futures markets; does anyone know where these quotes come from? The majority of hashing power is still signaling 2x, right? Which coin will take the BTC ticker?

If Segwit2x wins then yes

Bch will

Can someone just spell it out for me? Is this a hard fork? As in, will my bitcoin get converted into two different coins at the time of the fork like it did with BCH?

Its about 19% of a Bitcoin.
coinmarketcap.com/currencies/segwit2x/

Most exchanges are saying the current Bitcoin will remain BTC

So why does anyone think b2x will become the main chain? b2x is supposed to lower transaction fees even more, all the miners have to do is stay on the more profitable chain and b2x is dead.

You'll have two different coins but there's no guarantee that you'll be able to spend one independently of the other.

Well miners are still signally support for Segwit2X, nothing binding though.

Even without replay protection you can manipulate your transaction that prevents it from being replayed on the other chance.

Having an IQ of over 140 and a PhD in computer science, I'm obviously on the side of Bitcoin Core.

>The thing is, if S2X became BTC, and traditional BTC programmers left, there won't be anybody to keep adding features to bitcoin
all these wonderful features like RBF, segshit and so on? Do you really think that NO programmers will be interested in developing on btc1?

>Yes, some miners are spamming the network so that fees are higher.
It has nothing to do with spamming. Fees are higher because blocks are full because people use bitcoin more.

This alone tells me to be in BCH then.

The opposite. If 2x wins BCH has less of an advantage

Huh, I didn't expect this kind of reaction. Why though?

BCH. Max 8% valuation of Bicoin. It has been scam fuded so much the last couple of weeks, it will crash immediately pre segwit ala Link.

If SWX2 is successful it will kill Bitcoin and crypto in the process.

S2X will replace Bitcoin Cash. That is why the futures are trading so high, and why Barry is dumping Bitcoin Cash. Do you Neets even look out of your basement window?

no it wont, it will make bitcoin usable again for other things than speculation

Idiot. Mongoloid. IQ Challenged Retard. S2X, as admitted by the script kiddie developer, has fatal flaws, even though he petulantly blames it on core 14. therefore, S2X will have to limp along on core 14 for about 6 months, until he sorts his shit out. It WILL eventually replace Bitcoin Cash, but will NEVER 'replace" or "Kill" Core Bitcoin. Repeat after me NOTHING WILL REPLACE BIUTCOIN. NOTHING WILL KILL BITCOIN. I AM A DUMB FUCKING SCAM FUDER WORKING FOR TWEEKA AND TONE DEAF, TWO FELON SCAMMERS BARRED FROM TRADING SECURITIES WHO SHORTED BITCOIN."

dumbass

segwit 1x has already replaced bitcoin

Do everyone a favor, and put that extension cord in the corner to good use.