Is anyone else ever starting to have doubts about whether spending time on Veeky Forums really benefits their life or...

Is anyone else ever starting to have doubts about whether spending time on Veeky Forums really benefits their life or not?

I know this is a useful website and the people here are smart and helpful but I just help but feel as though maybe there's a better use of time for me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z2ceN_oJ6PI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>I know this is a useful website
> the people here are smart and helpful

user pls stop

Decent bait, guaranteed lots of (you)s

not a bait i just need some guidance in life

gofuck yourself

i need this place after a hard, hard day in the office..............................

delet this

good luck leaving kiddo I've tried 3 different times over the years and I always end up back here. Besides you will just replace your time spent here with netflix or something like that.

>Veeky Forums is a useful website

I managed to leave this place for a year but came back a couple months ago. Now you're making me feel guilty about it

desu if you replaced your time spent on Veeky Forums with reading the news you'd be a more informed person

no benefits, sorry mate

morbid

obesity

I only come here when I've lost all motivation in my own life. It's an unhealthy distraction that helps me hit rock bottom faster. Once I spend a day or two here I realize what an absolute waste of time it is and get back to the shit I should be doing.

This is all completely true. I've been wasting my time, essentially throwing it away and pissing on it out of spite, for an entire fucking decade and have absolutely nothing to show of it beyond hundreds, if not thousands, of pictures of beautiful women I never really go through anyway. I have no friends from here, I learned nothing of value, I have no stories to share with the people in my life, and have no meaningful lasting memories. This site has merely made me more cynical, rigid, and hateful.

One thing that post got wrong is why I come here. It's not addiction that drags me here, it's self hatred. I know this hell hole is void of quality but I continue crawling back because I see no value in myself. I don't seek out things I want to do because deep down I feel I don't deserve such joy. Instead I come here to bathe in the misery of thousands of individuals, all indiscernable behind the cloak of anonymity.

I hope everyone in this thread, and on this board, and on this entire site, leaves here some day. Nothing of worth is to be found here. I will leave someday, and honestly, each passing day makes me hate this place a little more. Each day brings less enjoyable threads, less quality posts, less reason to justify coming back.

Anyone who thinks spending time on Veeky Forums benefits them should kill them selves.

>This is all completely true. I've been wasting my time, essentially throwing it away and pissing on it out of spite, for an entire fucking decade and have absolutely nothing to show of it beyond hundreds, if not thousands, of pictures of beautiful women I never really go through anyway. I have no friends from here, I learned nothing of value, I have no stories to share with the people in my life, and have no meaningful lasting memories. This site has merely made me more cynical, rigid, and hateful.

The most true post I've ever seen. Mfw I'll never leave.

;_;

It's not Veeky Forums it's that you never left the house and get a job or something.

gonna motherfuckin' fuck your fuckin' son in the butt
gonna motherfuckin' fuck your fuckin' son in the butt

/mu/ showed me some basics to music, and a few of the art boards gave some good resources, Veeky Forums got me into shape

But that's it. All of this was years ago, and I can't leave.

>remember, you're here forever.

Buddy I'm a NEET now, yes.

But my life revolves around Veeky Forums even when I worked. I spent most of my day browsing Veeky Forums at work, I browsed Veeky Forums at lunch, then I browsed Veeky Forums when I came home from work, then i went to the gym and used Veeky Forums there, then i used it before i went to sleep.

Now I'm a NEET and i use it the entire day.

>tfw found Veeky Forums and got involved/interested in higher fashion
>tfw found Veeky Forums and got into reading
>tfw found Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums and took an interest in learning whatever i failed to learn in traditional learning environments
>tfw found Veeky Forums and got interested in fitness, exercise, and an appreciation for my health and well being both physically and mentally
>tfw found /k/ and got into guns

You can still lead a normal, healthy, productive life while browsing Veeky Forums on a daily basis. This site isn't the barren wastehole it once was for the outcasts of society in the late 2000s.

Don't let the memes fool you OP. If you're not comfortable here, all you have to do is leave.

I remember when I thought this advice was enlightening at some point too.

I don't think that post applies to all of Veeky Forums - some boards are still excellent and full of high quality posts, discussion, and interesting stories (/trv/ comes to mind). Unfortunately cross-board shitposting and a lack of decent moderation has ruined most of the popular boards. /pol/ is the obvious candidate here, but really it's the absence of context for most of the board-specific jokes that turns other boards into toxic shitholes. When you see a manlet thread on Veeky Forums, it's mostly just banter and breaking balls; when you see a manlet thread on /tv/, it's straight vitriolic shitposting and off-topic garbage. /pol/ threads that are actually on /pol/ are somehow more tame and rational than the same crap that gets posted everywhere else, which is often filled with stupid horseshit about hanging niggers and kikes and whatever.

I hate to complain about moderation since overmoderation is 100x worse, but honestly pretty much every big board is an abject disaster right now.

>One thing that post got wrong is why I come here. It's not addiction that drags me here, it's self hatred. I know this hell hole is void of quality but I continue crawling back because I see no value in myself. I don't seek out things I want to do because deep down I feel I don't deserve such joy. Instead I come here to bathe in the misery of thousands of individuals, all indiscernable behind the cloak of anonymity.

basically

why cant i leave this place?

because its anonymous and i dont have to sign up or enter any information and theres no archive of my past posts and there's always discussions to be had

if there was a better place without all the weebs and stormfags i'd go there

If there was ever a time you thought Veeky Forums was a positive influence on your life, there's no hope for you.

I feel seeing posts by people saying they've spent like 10 years here and they want to kill themselves.

i dont want this to become me.

I'm not sure but it changes your personality when you're bullied for being 5'8 in every single thread, I'm Vegeta mode the whole day.
Sort myself out throughout the whole day every day, feel incredibly bad when I haven't done something productive for a while so I'm almost always doing something good, reading, studying or exercising, have to constantly better myself and work twice as hard as my taller peers for optimal respect, stopped drinking alcohol completely, stopped eating sugar completely.
youtube.com/watch?v=Z2ceN_oJ6PI
Watch this video daily since it's beautiful and motivational seeing a guy around the same height as you completely dominate the game.
Currently in business and economics school with a bunch of aggressive chads too, If I get a slight aggressive or rude banter pointed towards me I shoot it down and counter it more aggressively. Slowly started having a higher status here than guys in the school who are both older and taller than me.
Don't care that this is literally some kind of Napoleon complex, I feel horrible and great at the same time. Veeky Forums made me.

I started browsing 8 years ago and I agree.
I should be doing something better.
I still feel good when I use this place to vent or laugh though. Every now and then I try to provide genuine advice which is not all for naugt. I use this site daily no matter what. I wish a day would come when I won't have to, but you guys are my best friends right now.

I never had a single doubt that Veeky Forums is nothing but a detriment

I don't care enough to stop

It really depends on the board.
In my opinion the most toxic ones are :
1) /r9k/
2) /b/
3) /soc/ (what the fuck?)
4) Veeky Forums
5° /v/
5) Veeky Forums

I either don't really know the others, or they are focused on their theme which make them good. And it's funny because I don't even go to the boards that could be beneficial to me (/g/ for exemple since I'm into programming and computers).
Just try to go on Veeky Forums to discuss about something that interest you, not to waste time.