Does anyone know exactly how wrong the calories burned that fitbits reports is?

Does anyone know exactly how wrong the calories burned that fitbits reports is?

dunno lol

It really depends. The ones with heart rate monitors are decent at giving you a ballpark range but don't ever trust it if you need accurate information. I have a flex2 and use it to track simple things like sleep and calories burned from basic exercises like walking, running, and swimming. It does a great job of doing that. To factor in the calories burned from lifting I do the math myself, and there are tons of resources online to help you figure that out. Fitbits are a very useful tool but they're not perfect.

between 30-85% wrong

>Counted my calories meticulously for a year.
>Turns out I was off by about ~258 kcal per day.
>I used FitBit and it's algorithm.
>Between 1800 rest days and 2500 on working days.

This is just my data, but personally it overestimates calories burned by a moderate margin. BMR is fairly accurate but the more exercise you do the more it overestimates.

ITT: Exercise Bulimia

It'll be roughly accurate but probably ~100-200 off

How do you figure out calories burned from lifting?

Between 60-150/ hr depending on intensity. Super sets will get you above that 100. It's all about hr my dude.

That seems awfully general.

A medium intensity full body for an hour will burn far more than a high intensity arm workout.

I never use the stats my fitbit provides me. At 5'9 and 200 pounds, it was suggesting I was burning ~3500 calories a day after just walking for 10 miles. This is completely inaccurate, as I was likely only burning around 2500.

Regardless, I find it best to just give yourself a hard limit on calories each day and try to not go over it. Each day I aim for only 1600 calories, and it's worked out well for me. If I actually ate as many calories as Fitbit suggests, I'd likely gain weight. It is that off.

this is now a /fitbit/ thread

Let's see those step gains brehs, Blaze masterrace reporting in

My actual calorie burn is 85-90% of what my Blaze gives me, but I usually estimate it at 80% just to stay safe

t. babbies first day on Veeky Forums

I work outdoors and then went out at night and still didn't come close, god damn dude

I was playing squash yesterday, I think it may overestimate the steps because of all the wrist movement

its really weird. i cycle with this thing on and it counts steps still because of shit like bumps on the trail and the what not.

today it counted 650 after a hour, yesterday it was around 750 even though i kept my heartrate up almost as much as i could.

I have an Apple Watch and it seems p accurate, much more so than the bullshit calorie counts on the cardio machines.

I do wonder sometimes how accurate all these trackers actually are.

I got my charge 2 on Monday, pretty cool so far.

Get dem steps in

Trying to get my resting heart rate to stay below 50. It usually hovers from 47 to 53 over a month period