I'm doing Phraks Greyskull?

I'm doing Phraks Greyskull?
Will doing 3x10 pushups, crunches, dips and chinups on rest days kill my gains?

Yes. Do them after your main workouts

Bumpin

Really?
I just want something to do on my rest days fitness related, any suggestions?

You're a beginner, if you're exercising, nothing is going to 'kill' your gains apart from not eating at all, or not exercising. It will reduce your gains though, beginner LP programs are already optimised.

If you want higher volume, do ICF 5x5 or look for a well reputed beginner PPLPPLx program.

It works like this:

* LP programs are designed to get you as strong as possible, in the shortest amount of time, in the 4 main lifts.
* The gains you're going to make in the first year of lifting is mainly strength, and not size. It makes more sense to milk the strength gains for everything, than to half ass it with a bunch of volume work mixed in. Sacrifice size now, reap the benefits later.
* Due to the extreme aggresiveness in weight increase in ALL exercises, EVERY workout, for MONTHS, anything extra require careful consideration.
* Anything extra you do will impact your recovery. It's true that sleeping & eating more MAY allow you do to extra stuff anyway.
* These extra accessories will barely help you drive up your main lifts when you're a novice.
* Since the point of an LP program, as stated above, is to increase the 4 main lifts, there's little to no point sacrificing precious recovery for extra fluff that doesn't directly help the main lifts to progress.

It's really the foundation of doing less is more. It's a core principle in strength training. We want to keep progressing with the least amount of volume possible. Not too much, not too little.

This is why SS is really the best LP program. Better than SL, better than GSLP, better than ICF.

this

also good luck doing any of those things after a few months on an LP. everyone starts off thinking SS or GS is too easy, so they add stupid assistance exercises and then when they can't make gains anymore they blame the program and make stupid threads about rippetoe

They are called rest days for a reason...

>SS or GS is too easy

Yeah, everytime I read that I know the person hasn't done the program for more than a month.

They always say "oh i'm done in 30 minutes and have loads of energy left, i want do 1000 accessories pls". Yeah, it'll take 30 minutes the first few workouts, but quickly approach an hour when rest times go over 5 minutes. In the end of the program you're probably looking at 2 hours, given that you're doing the program correctly.

BRAP Greyskull when?

The rest time for hard sets on GS is 3 minutes

that's retarded. you'll just stall on everything if you rest like that.

Cardio

>falling for the GS/SS/SL meme as a beginner.

Enjoy your T-Rex arms and phat ass.

Almost every gym rookie has severely underdeveloped upper bodies compared to their legs. In fact, the only exercise most rookies have is years worth of walking/running. Why suggest a program that not only focuses on the legs, but guarantees the only consistent development is going to be focused on the biggest and strongest muscle groupings? Nobody plateaus or fails on squats under 2pl8. But you bet your ass most people will stall after adding 20 pounds on bench or even just 10 pounds on OHP.

A 3 day split for the first 3 months, with a focus on upper body is much more benficial than diving straight into a strength based LP. Any rookie will progress no matter what program they start on, so why not start with a program that will also make you look good at the same time?

There's no denying 5x5s are great for strength gains. But why would you pick that as a starting point when your strength distribution is so uneven?

Fix the imbalance, build some visual gains, and then hit a strength routine.

>But why would you pick that as a starting point when your strength distribution is so uneven?
Humans are supposed to have stronger lower bodies you fucking mong.

So jumping straight into a program that only increases the imbalance is a good idea?

I started on SL like most every rookie. But after the first 5 months I didn't see why it made sense. I stalled 3 times on bench, 4 times on OHP, yet never missed a single rep or increase on DL and Squats. My diet and sleep habits were on point and I had an experienced gym buddy helping me keep my form in check.

Legs looked amazing but my arms and chest were DYEL mode. After 5 months of lifting I still didn't look good in a tank.

I'm not discrediting strength programs as a great way to make strength gains. That's the entire purpose of those programs. But the heavy focus on squats for a beginner is fucking retarded.

Spending a few months developing upper body mass before diving into a full body strength program just seems so much more logical to me.U

>After 5 months of lifting I still didn't look good

Shocker, 5 months of lifting novice weights didn't produce a noticeable difference in your physique?

>expecting people to suck Rippetoe's dick for a year before noticing any gains

t. SS apologist

It's a meme program. Just accept it.

Im saying you wouldn't be able to tell a difference in your physique after 5 months of SS or some "hypertrophy" routine. It's 5 months, that's just not enough time to drastically change how you look and especially not when you're lifting bitch weight.

You can increase your physical appearance with any weight. You don't have to bench 2pl8 to develop your chest.

The point of lifting is to look good and get stronger. What's the point of getting stronger if you still have bitch tits and flabby arms?

>I stalled 3 times on bench, 4 times on OHP, yet never missed a single rep or increase on DL and Squats

that's the point you mong, those programs are pretty much designed just to increase your squat because squat gains are applicable to all lifts and sports. squatting increases your bench (for a novice), benching doesn't increase your squat.

of course you end up with a small upper body because that's not the point of a beginner program.

You're not comprehending what I'm telling you. Im saying the timeframe of 5 months is why you didn't notice a big change in your body, not the routine. You would have had the the same problem if you did a PPL or some other shit. It's simply not enough time.

Also, are trying to say someone who only benches 1pl8 can be as big as someone who benches 2pl8? You don't honestly believe that do you?

Sauce on girl

Nvm found, silvia caruso

Gib well reputed pplpplx program

SS + GOMAD

>Cardio, by that I mean jogging or swimming or something for 30 minutes, very important for wellbeing and fitnes
>stretching, important for certain goals
>yoga, tai chi for some mental strength gains, makes you more relaxed and balanced
>neck training for aesthetic
>iron palm training, for the hell of it