Any Aspiring Elite Athletes?

I made a thread like this a while ago, but how many people on Veeky Forums work out with the goal of being a pro athlete/ SF operator/ record holder?

I wanna join my country's SF so I do shitloads of cardio and can now do some respectable lifts but mostly just run a lot. They gave me a schedule to follow which has me working out a couple times a day which isn't so bad I guess. My number one fear is that I'll put way too much time into working out then not get SF and end up having missed my teens and twenties working for no pay off. Anyone else /aspiring pro athlete feels/?

I still play cricket and I'd say I'm pretty close to playing provincial but idk i was probably closer and better when I was 17/18 years old

>wanting to be in the military
this is really a pathetic goal tbqh with you lad

Not really. If it gives him a sense of purpose in life then it's fine.

We all go our own way in the world, and shitting on someone else's aspirations is more pathetic tbqh.

no, wanting to be disposable meat is pathetic. OP is probably still very young and immature, he doesn't understand how life works yet and thinks pewpews are cool. in 5-10 years he will look back abd laugh for even considering this.
OP, learn something valuable instead of playing soldier.

If you were not an elite athlete by the time you hit puberty, then you never will be.

Post schedule OP

I want to be a boxer, eventually in the Olympics. I have my first amateur bout in October, been training like crazy all summer to cut weight and get faster. It's a tough life, user. Keep pushing yourself though!

Found the guy who got kicked from the infantry for jerking off too much at basic

>I want to be a boxer, eventually in the Olympics
why do you want to have brain damage so badly in a few years?

Honestly I just have nothing better to do. If I end up with brain damage from amateur boxing I probably should just kill myself anyway because I clearly suck at boxing, and maybe if I'm in the Olympics I'll get some decent pussy

What country?

The assessments for SF and Ranger are based around rucking, so learn that, then the ones for Marine Corps, Seal, and Parajumper are based around swimming. If you can do your infantry skills in your sleep and you've got the mindset, you'll make it

i just wanna be a pro internet mum fucker ;(

you have to be a good team player as well though, saw plenty of candidates in my experience who had the soldier skills and the mindset but weren't good enough team players to make the cut

same situation here user, only i'm having my first bout in september

>basing your entire self-worth on boxing
>thinking pussy is this hard to get

There is more to life, user. You need to get out and explore some more

if that's the mindset you have then you're probably never gonna achieve those ambitions

beta spotted

I'm fucking around on a Laotian Geology website, on a board where everyone cosplays as a homosexual YMCA personal trainer, what the fuck makes you think I have anything better going on in my life.

I believe in you, user. Good luck and godspeed

I'm at university right now studying economics, I'm going into full time once I finish my degree

I'm not american

What makes you want to be a boxer? Also, last name so we know if you /make it/?

I want to be a boxer because I fell in love with the sport when I first tried it. I also think that because I never had a strong male role model growing up (had a dad, but he was not masculine or supportive at all), I have a need to prove my masculinity, though that's more of a guess as to why I was drawn to it in the first place.

My last name is super unique, I really don't want to get doxxed. I'll post on here if I /make it/.

Fair enough, good luck at the Olympics user