can't squat 3 plates

> can't squat 3 plates
> trains for "hypertrophy"

Yet still you manage to look like a little bitch next to him.

> at least I look like I can lift

Once I hit 1/2/3/4 I just started trying to increase my reps on those lifts till I could do sets of 10-12, then increased weight.
Feels good repping out with old maxes, and I have no desire to do significantly more weight, especially since I have bad knees. I'll just do volume with 1/2/3/4.

>legs are more important than upper body

> upper body is more important than legs

one is more important than the other

>Strength training without conditioning
>milking noob gains
>no core work

>1/2/3/4

>bad knees

how old user? or were you fat?
or sports injury?

I'd rather be jacked, lean, vascular and look amazing then squat 3 plates.

Squats and deadlifts are a waste of energy. Plus people doing those for heavy weight are almost always chubby/have a fridge build as opposed to V-Tapor...Leg extensions, reverse leg curls, and calf raises can literally build an amazing set of legs.

i'm fucking triggered

Lifting heavy (above 1/2/3/4) is unsustainable in the long run.

i'm fucking triggered again

I was scrawny af when i hit 3pl8 squat. You dont have to be a POWALIFTUH to hit 315 lad.

cope. dyel confirmed

>Squats and deadlifts are a waste of energy.

Total meme opinion and you know it.

>Leg extensions
Enjoy your fucked up knees

How are you going to train your glutes with the exercises you just summed up?

Squatting doesn't give you a fridge build. Deadlifting, well... a

This was the summer I hit 315 highbar and I am not fridgemode, nor am i jacked or vascular really. Also pectus excavatum sucks.

Ohhh he doesn't lift to maximize functional strength for his sedentary lifestyle! How dare he! Roast him, fit!

Aesthetics > Strength

That said, leg press is for women and homosexuals, sculpt your upper leg with ATG squats and fronts. Then once your knees/stomach caves, only then can you use the cuck machines to drain away whatever energy you have left

yep can confirm this is what 140kg squat looks like

Bro science FTW. lol at some skinny nerds trying to be extra scientific about lifting and spending years looking sub-par.

Nah 315 isn't heavy. Squatting in the low rep ranges for strength isn't efficient though. IE if your squatting 315 for a few sets of 10-12 reps sure good for hypertrophy. If your squatting 5 reps or less trying to get a heavy squat your wasting time and energy.Never bothered my knee's.

I don't train glutes directly but they are genetically pretty good. If I needed to train them I'd do a few sets of donkey kicks or whatever they are called.

I'm all about the V-Tapor. I've been in the gym for 15 years now and I don't know anyone that looks decent that squats or deadlifts.

Meanwhile you've got skinny fat and/or chubby guys squatting/deadlifting 400+ lbs and when they are fully dressed nobody knows they lift.

Point taken. Throw on a t-shirt and a pair of shorts and nobody would know you even work out.

Your 315 squat is useless unless your a powerlifter or athlete.

>Spends a ton of time absolutely maximizing mechanical advantage to get a 315 squat
>thinks he's gained strength

Rep range is irrelevant for hypertrophy my dude

>5 reps or less trying to get a heavy squat you're wasting your time
I guess sheiko and Hepburn are just awful programs that will never get anyone strong then :thinking:

Who cares if people know you work out?

Strength is functional. With strength, all tasks that involve moving an object become easier. Strength makes you more able to defend yourself, etc.

People knowing I work out does nothing functional for me. I'm far happier when I'm able to lift heavy things easily in my day to day life than when people tell me that I look good, and I must be working out.
One has utility. One does not.

fridge mode coming through

>dat ratio

I'm not that guy but do you know what the halo effect is, right? It's great to train for strength and lift heavy, but you should also LOOK like you lift heavy.

u nibbas talkin bout strength haivng a 315 squat is not fucking strong lmao

Scooby explains how to do them correctly.

mirin

>training in low rep ranges for strength a waste of energy
Ever heard of sheiko and the 7 sets of 2 shit? Breh I trained heavy triples as my staple all the way to 555 on the squat.

tfw can't even squat 95 lb (25 on each side.)

then again I never train legs. Maybe I don't train legs cause my squat is so shitty.

t. a guy who can bench 185 lb for 5 reps but cant even squat 95 lb for a rep.

more like crash bandicoot mode

How much do you weigh? I'm 4 months ish into lifting and can only squat 90. I bench 90 as well though.. I'm 130 but having trouble sticking to eating enough

hahahahahahah ive been called that before once

I never said it was, learn to read nigger

160 lb

Been lifting for over a year tho, so I don't have the newbie excuse. I just fucking hate training legs. Period.

AKA always skip leg day crew

I hate training legs too. I always feel so embarrassed racking on 90 pounds. When I do leg press I only do 2 plates. Why can't I just stick to upper body.

There is literally no reason to back squat or deadlift if your goal is hypertrophy

Veeky Forums is brain washed to believe that you have to train like a powerlifter

23. Really just one bad knee. Full acl reconstruction from hamstring graft, 60% destruction of meniscus. It grinds and clicks a lot from scar tissue, and when it gets rainy out doubly so. I switched from running to swimming and cycling for that low impact cardio, and I don't squat heavier than 3 pl8. Though my knee does get a little fucky the next day.
>tfw participated in dangerous sports my whole life
>boxing, climbing, caving, football, rugby
>tore acl and meniscus fucking up a landing while playing ultimate goddamn frisbee

Fuck it all

Yo yo yohhhhh!!