Go to gym

>Go to gym.
>They have a "Challenge" board.
>Male deadlift Max is set at 115 for 3.
>I can destroy this by 65kg.
Should I, or is that just being a dog cunt?

Some dickhead had the audacity to start coming to my gym and pull 605 (275,000 grams) for five on his first day, v rude of him.

why would the challenge be 3 reps anyway? do it 1, 5 or 10, not a meme number like 3

go to your gym during a popular time and erase all the numbers, then proceed to do all the challenge lifts, beat them, but do not write anything on the board

do it to motivate others

Do it. It's alpha
>Not repping the sacred numbers 3, 5, and 7
Ishy

Power clean it then ohp it. Then say you didn't know what a deadlift was and you thought it was what you did.
>things dyel say

>I can destroy this by 65kg

>180 kg DL

>DESTROY

do 117.5 and then increase it by another 2.5 each time someone else increases it

No idea.
I mean, all the PTs have seen me rep 4 pl8 (I go in the morning before work, when they're all doing their prework routines).
But I feel like asking for it is just flagrant dick waving.

I have a feeling this is the ultimate dog cunt.

A plate and a half is what I would count as destroy.
I'm a first year lifter, I'm sure someone here could bloody bench that.

I mean, if someone beats my lifts by 10kg, they're clearly at least a month or more ahead of me.

This. For one it can be a good talking point if your not overly boastful about it. And two, competition especially among men is great for motivation. You can create a small culture of people that go really hard at the gym and boost
eachother up.

Just beat it by a little. Any time some beats that, beat the new score. That way people get used to seeing it changed, but they also see you always beating everyone. Makes you look better and more of a champion, than just seeing your name there and forgetting about it because it never changes

my gym has a "goals list"

>5 pushups
>40kg OHP 1rm
>120kg squat
>75kg bench

this is the state of lifting in 2017

>one is not like the others
>it's still shit, though

???

tfw only two of these

do it

>75kg bench
>tfw bench is my absolute weakest link, by like 30% and I can still do that no problem.
Also worth mentioning that my close grip bench is a full half plate ahead of my wide grip bench.
I have no fucking clue why.

I can't believe that the max is 115, every overweight guy who thinks he does lift can easily work up to 140kg with shitty technique when he tries it for a month

oh fuck off you nobody

You're contributing to the shittyness of lifting in 2017

>been lifting for 4 months and can diddly more than their challenge board
>for 5
>i go to an ultra normie wageslave gym and even then i see some of the regulars diddly lmao 3-4 pl8

the fuck is this gym?

>40kg ohp 1rm

what de fuggg :DDDD

Exactly, I have no fucking clue.

What if everyone else thinks it's a douche move like I do, which is why they're not doing it, so when I do it someone who's dedicated will shrek me?

120 squat is shit but it's something that will take at least some work or learning the movement

everything else is girl tier shit that some guys may do untrained on the first day on the gym

Yeah, 40kg OHP for one rep is fucking nothing. I could do that my first day in the gym.

>I mean, all the PTs have seen me rep 4 pl8 (I go in the morning before work, when they're all doing their prework routines).
>But I feel like asking for it is just flagrant dick waving.
You're probably right

Makes it even better desu

Why not do it, give people a reason to work harder.

But what if the goal being so far above them puts them down?
I don't want to inadvertently stop someone just starting their journey.

People who get put down by seemingly high numbers are unworthy.

If you aren't shooting for at least a 300kg deadlift you might as well not even try, no matter where you are now.

Wow. Which gym is this? I want to come in and feel superior to everyone there.

I'm not. In pounds, I'm going to stop at 4 pl8s on DL, 3 on squat, and 2+ on bench. I don't necessarily want to go higher, because I'm not going to win any recognition for doing so, and I'll feel good about myself with the weight I achieved.

Besides, I'm more interested in hitting 70 miles on a bike.

>Have PR scoreboard in crossfit gym
>Squat 350lbs
>DL 420lbs
>a couple of meme lift and oly lift PRs
>no bench cause "bench is not crossfit"
Currently squatting 330 and deadlifting 395. Pretty nice knowing I'm soon about to become the strongest dude in this gym, but it's just crossfit so dunno if I can be too proud about this one.

This is a shit mentality.

>i reached this arbitrary number that any person can i should stop here

What if you could easily reach 250 without downsides, user?

yeah thats what I was thinking too

I read all of them and went

>hmmmm

Why is shooting for specific numbers even a thing? Just train to get stronger, regardless of how strong you are?

That's the point. Go as far as you can go.

I can snatch grip deficit deadlift 4pl8 for a double. Where is my prize?

dont set an unreachable new challenge
consider doing 120kg for like 15 reps
DYELs will pass out left and right trying to beat that

here is what I did:

>have challenge board with lmao 3pl8 for 1 on it
>do 4.5pl8 close to it but dont bother with it
>eventually get asked why I am not putting my name on the board and get compliments
>tell the coach I havent seen the mens challenge board yet
>the guy on top of the board was named Jeff
>he gets super pissed at me
>whole gym thinks I am an arrogant cunt

in my head it sounded like a cool line...

>40kg OHP 1RM
>88lbs

Shit, after the bar my warmup is 95lbs (43 cuck units) for at least 5 and my OHP is weak as fuck.

Then again my gym doesn't even have a goals list and the vast majority of the clientele do these weird group exercise classes where they shuffle about with these sand filled weights (like a toy that you'd buy an 8 year old who wanted to lift).

>tfw not garage gym masterrace.

Lmfao dude. If you did SS you would hit your "goals" after 6 months of lifting.most people leave SS being able to squat over 300 and deadlift over 400. In reality a 3 plate squat and a 4 plate dead if not that good. At all. Unless you only compare yourself to normies. Why are you aiming so low?

That's the sort of joke you can make among friends, not in a room full of strangers.

Jeff is a cunt.

seems like he's saying 180kg for three reps, which is impressive. 180 1RM is not that impressive you would be right.

t. Noliftz skinnyfat

>tfw just hit 100 lbs OHP for 3x5 today
Welp. There's always somebody stronger. At least I'm making progress.

Congrats on the PR user. Everyone starts somewhere.

Holy shit dude. You literally demolished Jeff

Congrats user. I've been stuck at 85lbs 4x8 for a good while now, you shouldn't feel bad.

lmao Jeff btfo.
Going to a strongman/PL gym with some of the best around, so... Ain't gonna happen to me, desu.

found the feminist

>Besides, I'm more interested in hitting 70 miles on a bike.
aim higher

>being a woman

Congrats dude!

I know I say that's my warmup now but for the longest fucking time I was stuck at 75lbs x 3 (trying for 5). Just keep getting after it, the struggle makes the PR that much better.

>never haggled before

Only beat the record by a small margin. By five pounds or something.
Make the raining champ think he has a chance. Make him frustrated every week.
Feed off his rage.

>Feed off his rage.
more importantly, let him feed off his own rage. be prosocial

See this, think it in lbs laugh. Realize it kg, feel dumb

>180kg for three reps, which is impressive

No it fucking isn't you spaz

>whole gym thinks I am an arrogant cunt
Haters gonna hate. Solidify yourself as alpha make coach your bitch

It's a good line, but let's face it, you're probably too autistic to be able to pull it off

Alpha as fuck. Keep it up man

>doesnt do 3x3

>the uni gym and record board is full of absurd numbers that almost never change
Dead for 1 was 700 and some change
Squat was 600-something

This. To normies it might be impressive, but in a lifting community like fit, impressive? not.

this

Jeff's a cunt-blasted beta loser lol. 3pl8 not terrible for normies, but why would you write your name on a board like you're KING SHIT? How can people not just laugh off a joke in this situation? My sides would be gone if I heard someone say this in my gym.

Well at least then the challenge board will have respectable numbers on it. Go on and do it.

guys why did i manage to squat 2pl8 in a month of training but 1pl8 deadlift seems hard or more precisely,unnatural to me? i just feel that im not build for it...
i have lumbar hyperlordosis and rather short arms for my height if that matters.

Tfw benchpress is my worst lift reletive to my other lifts

Sounds like this would take a long time for someone else to actually accomplish if the max right now is that low.

>Warming up with anything less than 1pl8 for OHP
Don't tell me all of Veeky Forums is this dyel?

Because you're not doing them correctly

I did a century ride and 80mi the next day on a steel frame with zero training. You fat?

>things that never happened

430 lbs deadlift
285 lbs squat (atg)

What am I doing wrong anons? I perform several minutes of slav sit every morning to work on my hips and form, but when I squat with good form my numbers are weak as fuck

I can hit like 325 with dogshit form too, but that's not even anuthing to write home about.

do 115 but do it AMRAP

pushups
what you mean, like the record is 5 fucking pushups?

>Alpha
No such thing

>going to stop

You probably don't train pecs much outside bench? Bench press is a tricep/front delt exercise where your pec major third wheels. Do the dumbbell version or some flies, and deload with wide grip and work your way back up.

Source: all the powerlifters in the world with massive tris and mediocre chests

>triggered DYELs

>His gym has "goals" and "challenges" and "leaderboards"
>My gym thinks i should do 45 min cardio and not work with barbells since i'm a fat fuck

I am having question

on sunday, I go and heave the dead. At 135 punda I can no do 5 times, only do 3 times, back about to explode on third time.

This sunday I go, I do 125 punda instead, for 5 times? Or how much is.

>tfw youre 5th on the board with a 160kg dl but the top is 230
atleast i have something to work towards

>male deadlift max is 115 for 3

first month in the gym i went from 120 to 220, wtf, do you live in a country full of turbomanlets? I'm manlet myself (5'10), how the fuck is that even a "max", lmao

kilograms young user, kilograms. despite the fact that he used "kg" about 20 characters later, you still couldn't catch up to this

yes, lmao.

A lot of people aren't using freedom units on this planet user

>Amerilards can not comprehend SI units.

>In pounds, I'm going to stop at 4 pl8s on DL, 3 on squat, and 2+ on bench

>In pounds
>pl8s

Yeah, bench is really my only proper pec workout.

I do flat and decline bench.
Might start to work in some flies.

>Borat starts lifting

>Should I, or is that just being a dog cunt?
Why shouldn't you? Come on man.

i like how everyone here pulls 300kg for reps
you fucking cunts haven't even seen anyone pull 180 for 1 rep and yet you're posting retarded fucking comments here
bait or not, i got baited, fuck you

>triggered DYEL

mfw squatting 195lb and regulars in my gym talking about a 60-70 year old coming in and power cleaning 600lb+

A 600 plus power clean is 80 pounds heavier than the heaviest recorded power clean. From olympic record holders too.

Klokov can't even do a 600 pound power clean now, let alone in 40 years.

Of course you do it OP you faggot
Show them what hard work can do