Guys, I really need to know. Do people actually reach stuff like 4plate DL within a year clean?...

Guys, I really need to know. Do people actually reach stuff like 4plate DL within a year clean?? Because that with my CURRENT noob progress (5 months ish) would probably not even be possible. And that is even my strongest lift. I eat enough so that is not the problem. Am I just low test or is there an explanation for this?

Other urls found in this thread:

strongerbyscience.com/genetics-and-strength-training-just-different/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Everybody's different. Stop worrying about what everybody else is lifting; work hard and be the best you. You'll get there. I love you, buddy.

I'm at 3.5 pl8 8 months in, started as a NYRfag
my buddy started at the same time and half assed his way to 1.5 pl8 in the same time.

Usually only former athletes, heavier set dudes, or genetic freaks
I can count the number of guys I've seen hit a 4+ plate DL on one finger. Most guys realize DL doesn't really matter for aesthetics overall and give up between 2-3 plates or don't start at all

1/2/3/4 is a mark of genuine proficiency, not a one year checkmark. Also for whites and blacks, average height is 5'10 and penis length betwee. 5.5 and 6 inches. Even less for other races. Stop taking memes seriously.

I'm the only guy in my gym that can DL more than 3pl8, and it took 18 months to hit 4pl8. Don't listen to the trolls on here

>8 months
>1.5 pl8

Has he even gone to the gym once???
Im pretty sure most men who have never lifted before could do 1.5pl8
What did he start at?

i've been wondering this too. everyone here insists a NORMAL person not on gear can DL 4 pl8's in 3-4 months flat.

I feel like it's going to take me 2-3 times as long minimum

what about back aesthetics?

It's going to take much longer than that, and that's fine

I'm been lifting for just over four months and the heaviest I've pulled is 125kg for five, it's probably doable if you eat and sleep right. All my other lifts are shit though. Also, fpbp

if you are not better then the top olympic weightlifting after a year you need to quit lifting.

Of 1/2/3/4/, 4pl8 is the hardest by a long shot and is significantly more advanced than the rest. If youre taller than 6 feet, its going to be a bit easier. The shorter you are, the harder it is.

Everyone starts at a different place. Generally speaking, you could easily hit a 4 pl8 Deadlift within a year of training assuming you follow weekly linear progression.

some people literally deadlift 500lbs their first day (trips who have done that here - norsefat, lotus)

i got 405 in a few months at like 170lbs and 6'4"

the genetic playing field is not level, so don't worry about it and just lift hard

No one can do linear progression to 4 plate without gear.

>Generally speaking
>easily

What the fuck no, most people don't pull 180kg within a year of training. You'd need to be genetically gifted for that or just get retardedly fat.

yeah but it's not and you don't know what you're talking about

which of the 1/2/3/4 is the ""Hardest"" depends entirely on your proportions, 225 bench will be much harder than 405 deadlift for a long armed lifter and 405 deadlift will be much more difficult than 225 bench for a short armed lifter

(You)

took me 4 yrs to get to 3.5 plate

In one year I had 2/3/4/5

Not kidding

It's just genetics, OP, just go at your pace, don't worry about others

> some people literally deadlift 500lbs their first day

stopped reading right there

a lot of people will insist that you're obese or on gear, but i know better

a very talented friend of mine squatted 275 his first day in the gym and had 405 in a couple months and he was only 180ish

rows and pullups are much better for back aesthetics.

Do your fucking deadlifts though.

yes, 4 plate while cutting. You might be trying to do linear progression too long or legit low test.

there are multiple people on this very board who have done exactly this through a combination of being big guys and genetically gifted

sorry you didn't win the gene lottery

People say it every time, but I'm just freakish.

And I train like I'm gonna die. Every day no matter what.

plenty of guys train hard as hell, exceedingly few will ever reach a 225 OHP, and doing it in a year is unheard of

you're a fucking freak, any strength athletes in your family?

I'm a hungry skellington and started lifting about 2-3 weeks ago, been to the gym maybe 6-8 times so far. On my squats I started at 50lbs, and I just did 100lbs today.

I think you're supposed to just keep adding a little bit extra weight each time. I've been adding 10lbs to my squats each time.
dumbbell press hasn't seen as much progress though. Gone from 20lbs dumbbells to 27.5lbs in the same timeframe. I've also gone from a 12 minute mile to 9:30 mile (It's really hilly here, so not sure how much that affects it)

Also I've been sticking to a 300-600+ calorie excess but I'm still losing weight, what's up with that? I'm 5'8" and 126lbs from 128lbs a few weeks ago. Usually eating 2100 - 2400 calories per day. I've been worried about over-estimating my calorie intake, but I think I might actually be underestimating it or my total calories burned from exercise.

because they're tripfags on roids i'm supposed to take them at face-value that they DL'd 500lbs the first day they walked into the gym when they were like 15 years old?

i guess people on this board are afflicted with gigantism

My uncle is a world class skier but that's it

you had to find out that genetics play a gigantic role sometime, it might as well be today

strongerbyscience.com/genetics-and-strength-training-just-different/

of course they play a big role

but there's professional athletes who train everyday of their life who ARE genetically gifted who only DL about 5 pl8's

so i'm still calling bullshit. I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just saying tripfags are exaggerating how fast they hit it

I've been lifting for a month and half

My OHP is 110 lbs and Bench is 150 lbs.

How is that for a beginner like me? How much longer till 1/2?

It shouldn't be too difficult if you train intelligently and eat enough to build muscle and recover. Ridiculous overeating like ss is not needed.

there is no one quality called "athleticism", athleticism means different things in different sports

an exceptionally coordinated basketball player may not be the most physically strong, as that's not the most important capacity in basketball

fwiw you can look at any high school football weightroom and find some guys putting up weights that most people here will never reach in their lifetimes, i saw 405+ bench presses and 500+ squats to depth in the football weightroom from guys i know for a fact were not on steroids and didn't go on to play anywhere relevant

thanks guys and every 1 else

>405+ bench
>not on steroids
>high schoolers
What are you accomplishing here by feeding newfags this bullshit? Not the user you're responding to, but seriously, kys. You're like Chuck Basher, "ayo kids just eat this ramen and get swole like me also don't forget to buy my dumb preworkout.".

To everyone else, just go lift weights and stop caring about how fast someone else is progressing. As long as you're making progress who gives a shit if you can't bench 225 in your first month

the truth is somewhere in the middle. I would say 1-2 years to hit 1/2/3/4. If you've been lifting and eating properly for 2 years and haven't progressed your lifts to an intermediate level you're doing something wrong.

i knew one guy who was benching 365 and weighed around 230, another guy who was benching 405 and weighed around 250 @ 6'2", and another guy who was a huge 350lb nignog (fat as all fuck) who was also benching in the 400s

yes, high schoolers with good genetics outlift you and the sooner you stop covering your ears to protect your frail ego the better

user, you'd have to weight 200kg for a 4 plate deadlift to be considered intermediate level. A 4 plate deadlift for most guys is definitely nearing advanced.

>i knew one guy
Sure you did, you seem to know a lot of guys based on your stories.

TDEE is something that's not all that easy to figure out. How did you calculate how much you need to eat?

Everybody takes a different path in the road to achieving something. If I were to count every year since the first time I started lifting seriously, it'd be about 3.5 years of lifting. I'd say less than half of that was when I knew what I was doing, and was seriously sticking to a program and not fucking around. I still haven't hit 1/2/3/4, but I'm well on my way there now that I've been training seriously for the first time in a while. Just keep making progress and honestly evaluate how much effort and focus you are putting towards lifting/diet/lifestyle.

Also, there were only a handful of people at my gym that hundreds of regulars that were lifting 1/2/3/4+ (there were plenty of people who had hit one of those lifts for a 1rm, but almost nobody was close to being a rounded 1/2/3/4) and usually the guys who were, were very obvious juicers who were local bodybuilders.

stop running and take mass gainer, dirty bulk,eat a lot

lol u what mate? deadlifting less than your own bodyweight is not even beginner level.

3 months into SS i hit 4 pl8 deadlift for 1RM
also keep in mind thats at 6'3" 210 lbs. with good body proportions for deadlift. Obviously if you weigh less it will be harder but definitely doable within 6 months for anyone who eats their calories and doesnt drink too heavily

I know people here are swearing they hit these numbers really quickly, but at my 24 hr fitness super sport, there are a lot more hard core lifters than a normal chain health club, and still almost no one squats and deadlifts big numbers, and peoples benches average around 2 plates. A lot of these guys have been training for more than 2 years at this gym, and only a few people bench over 2 plates.

>shorter = harder to DL

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH Veeky Forums THESE DAYS?

Fucking DYEL infestation.

almost 1 year of srs lifting. am at 1/2/2.25/3.25. not gonna pull 405 for a while.

I'm 6'2", have a tough time gaining weight, and get pain in my right sacroiliac joint when I deadlift 180 pounds, so I won't be pulling 4pl8 any time soon. But everyone is different. Just go at your own pace.

but if peoples bench average is 2pl8 they should be able to DL 4pl8 for 1RM. You're using more muscle groups that are stronger when doing deads.

The fact that most people cant deadlift or squat very much is because most people just focus on upper body.

Unless you're a literal 135lb twig who has trouble eating, you would be able to do 1/2/3/4 in a year if you did everything right. Of course, most people dont do everything right.

What is your definition of "right"?

I legit have shit leg genetics relative to my body. One of the fastest swimmers in my group for 10 years of practice, but anytime we'd do any sort of kicking work I'd be dead last. My dad has the same issue so I blame him.

"right" for a novice usually comes down to eating enough calories. Adding weight to your lifts is very simple

most recently pulled 275lb, most I ever pulled was 300lb about 2ish months ago, 1 yr lifting anniversary is next week

shitty progress maybe but it's miles ahead of where I started so that's all that matters

Which makes sense because I'd assume roughly half the lifting population is losing weight (not counting maintenance) at any given moment. So by your standard they're all doing it wrong.

this pretty much. As well as focusing on form, and doing a proper beginners program like SS. inb4 meme

I agree with whats been said in this thread about genetics helping. A friend from HS could bench over 3pl8 after a few years of training and he was 5'9'' 155lb. He had short limbs and great chest genetics; also probably benched at least twice a week from the start.

I have a wide back and long arms, deadlifts are a bit easier for me. Meanwhile my arm lenght and dainty wrists make benching a nightmare.

That doesnt change the fact that when you're deadlifting you're using your hamstrings, quads, traps, core....Theyre bigger muscle groups than basically just your chest and tris.
Even if you start with 1pl8, your squat and DL should take off a lot faster than bench

this guy gets it

>405 deadlift
>advanced

hahahahaha

The 3pl8 squat will probably be the hardest for me to hit out of 1/2/3/4. I should be god of squatting with my manlet femurs but I have a bad habit of relaxing at the bottom to get even more depth, which caused me to stall before 2pl8. It's a very ingrained neural pattern that I'm trying to deprogram.

No. It took me about two and a half years to even come close to 4pl8 dead. Then again, I couldn't even bench the bar when I started kek.

turns out if you go to a school of 2000 people with a good football team and wrestling program, you get to know a lot of good athletes

Raised my eyebrow when he said taller people have it easier to diddly too kek. Just go to CBT to see these fucking dyels.

people with long arms (relative to their height) are built advantageously for the deadlift, and tall people have a higher chance of having long limbs (relative to their height, obviously their limbs will already be absolutely longer)

the worst possible deadlift build is a long legged, short armed tall person, but this is exceedingly rare (usually long arms and legs come as a package deal)

>long legged, short armed tall person
might as well just go trapmode

But I lift so I can join the army one day

im at 70 kgs after 3months

>lifting to join the army
user i have some bad news for you

Yes. I did it 7 months weighing 155 lbs at 5' 11". This is what I looked like at the time, after having gained over 20 lbs. I now weight 190-195 lbs and deadlift 585.

Any young, healthy, adult male should be able to hit 4 plate for a 1RM within a year, if their diet training, and EFFORT are all in check.
There are going to be swarms of skinnyfats that still deadlift 255x3 after """""training""""" for 3 years telling that only genetic freaks can do it, that everybody here that did do it are e-statters, on steroids, etc. Remember, they look like shit and are weak as fuck because of their lack of effort. Do not listen to these fucking losers or take advice from them. It's like going to crack den to get advice on money management.

You overestimate a lot of men. I started squats at the bar, I'm up to 2pl8 now after 14 months.

My busy schedule and shitty habits definitely hurt my progress, but the point is that a lot of people don't start anywhere close to 1.5pl8.

This is the only post that matters in this thread

>tfw average
Feels good.

They have been lifting a long time, and more of their effort and recovery goes towards their upper body than lower body.

My assertion is it would have taken them even longer to hit 2pl8 bench if they had to do other shit as well instead of just blasting arms and pecs every time they went to the gym.

Don't let 4chink memes get to ya bruh, also half the time when people say that they weigh like 260 lbs, in which case its pretty easy to put up weight when your fat