Any Veeky Forums bro with scoliosis doing the big-3?

Any Veeky Forums bro with scoliosis doing the big-3?
I'm strictly on light bodyweight routines because of fear of fucking the spine up but gains are non existent

Currently doing the big 3, and I have scoliosis. It's fine as long as you do pull ups and dips to decompress your spine.

i thought it was the big 4? which one are you not doing?

This. I do same even with my lumpy ass shoulder blades. Pull ups and dips definitely do help.

swimming is good for back problems as well, but yeah what everyone else said, pullups or even just hanging from a pullup bar for a while

Kek

double whammy

I have moderate scoliosis. i had to stop squatting and deadlifting. It started off as me just getting tighter, then after every set me lower back was inflamed. i checked my form on here, with friends, filming myself, everythign i could do and it was fine. spine just didnt like it. Lower body gains have definitely suffered by skipping these but i dont feel like total shit all the time so its worth it

Are you looking to compete in PL?

Ok so my wife has something similar to the kyphosis thing only it's way higher. She literally has a hump right where the bar should sit on highbar squats. Need to figure out what it's called and try to fix.

I've got slight lower scoliosis and lumbar lordosis. My right foot also wants to naturally be at a wider angle outwards than my left foot, and it feels forced to keep it at the same angle as the left foot, but I'm trying. Having a bit of knee issues on my right though...

Squats are a bit tricky for me at the moment, because I can't stop driving the motion by careening my hips and behind to the right when I'm at the bottom (atg). I'm making a bit of a squiggly back and forth twist. I think it's making me activate my right side because I can feel my butt and quads more during the movement.

I don't really know what to do. Probably will deload a bit and try again.

structural, 38 degree right thoracic curve, and still lifting

bench: can't get my scap down and flat to create a platform. still can bench but the lack of stability is annoying sometimes. i'm sure my bar path isn't pretty and the bar likely moves lopsided. i don't care.

squat: my scoliosis caused pelvic obliquity which causes leg length discrepancy. i definitely have a tendency to weight shift onto my right leg. the bar doesn't sit level on my back either due to scapula position and general muscular asymmetry.

deadlift: never had pain pulling. i suppose my right paraspinals/erectors get fatigued faster. at lockout, my left knee isn't fully extended while my right knee is due to the LLD.

ohp: ohp has been the only lift that has been very uncomfortable for me. it's a mixture of inexperience with the lift (i gave up on it pretty early on into lifting because i had so many issues with my form) and my body mechanics. i should give it another try.

>can't get my scap down and flat to create a platform.
THIS
How the fuck do you even fix this shit? It's fucking my cable rows up as well.

back squat no

everything else yes

43 degrees

eh.

just have to live with it. i retract my scap as much as i can while still comfortable and i place a lot of weight closer to my upper traps than i do flat on my scap.

my right shoulder/arm definitely feels less stable while pressing. still able to make it work.

Sleep on the floor. Do progressions for bodyweight holds, like the planche or front lever.
Shit helps a lot. I had visible scoliosis due to wearing my bag on one shoulder during uni, but now it basically can't be noticed at all.
Sleeping on the floor fixes your poor posture. My guess with the progressions is that you engage your body to work in a symmetric manner in order to do them properly, so any muscular imbalances are fixed that way.

Lamar Gant had bad scoliosis and he is the only man to ever pull 5x his bw according to wikipedia.

push ups, pulls ups and air squats are enough to make you look great if you do a lot and you do them consistently.
It won't be as quick as weight-work, and you wont be as strong, but it sure beats fucking up your spines for a little gainz.

Stop being a pussy.

bench

why not?

I have mild scoliosis, doctors usually don't notice it while standing, but it's visible when bending forwards.

Two years back I got pain in the upper back and PT told me my upper back is weird, it bends a bit inwards instead of outwards. No-one had told me this before in 24 years. She gave me stretches to do which I've done on and off irregularly and a gym plan, which I never did but picked up on to-dos (a lot of pushing excersizes that focus on protracting scapulae and some strenghtening back).

I actually stopped going to the gym in 2011 due to intense pains in lower back after squatting and dling. I also had trouble breathing while squatting heavy (for my weak ass) which makes sense after learning how my upper back is fucked inwards. I used to do weigh ~160 at 6ft2 and lift 0,75/1/1,5/1,5. Doctors just said to use machines or something like that, didn't find any severe dmg to the spine so I never lifted again.

Started yoga 1,5 years ago, bjj last september and doing bodyweight stuff half year ago. I started just eating as much as possible to escape spooky skelly mode and have gone up from around 145-150 to 161 today. The gains have come surprisingly slow, I'm not nearly as strong as I used to be 6 years ago, but at least my body feels so much better than it did back then. Still been thinking about going back trying out front squats instead of back squats and lifting heavy but don't know if that's smart.

Be lamar gant

Slight scoliosis and lumbar lordosis here. Doctors said my left leg too short. Read a bit into it and found that a rotation in the pelvis could be the problem. Took out inlays of shoes and started working on it, seems to improve. Felt a bit weird in the hip, but so did it as I started using the inlays.

I have mild scoliosis, doctors usually don't notice it while standing, but it's visible when bending forwards.

Two years back I got pain in the upper back and PT told me my upper back is weird, it bends a bit inwards instead of outwards. No-one had told me this before in 24 years. She gave me stretches to do which I've done on and off irregularly and a gym plan, which I never did but picked up on to-dos (a lot of pushing excersizes that focus on protracting scapulae and some strenghtening back).

I actually stopped going to the gym in 2011 due to intense pains in lower back after squatting and dling. I also had trouble breathing while squatting heavy (for my weak ass) which makes sense after learning how my upper back is fucked inwards. I used to do weigh ~160 at 6ft2 and lift 0,75/1/1,5/1,5. Doctors just said to use machines or something like that, didn't find any severe dmg to the spine so I never lifted again.

Started yoga 1,5 years ago, bjj last september and doing bodyweight stuff half year ago. I started just eating as much as possible to escape spooky skelly mode and have gone up from around 145-150 to 161 today. The gains have come surprisingly slow, I'm not nearly as strong as I used to be 6 years ago, but at least my body feels so much better than it did back then. Still been thinking about going back trying out front squats instead of back squats and lifting heavy but don't know if that's smart.

Samefag, also recommend yoga for slight height gains if you manage to unfuck your back somewhat. Last measured in the army 6 years ago at 187cm, few months ago I got measured again in the doctors office and I was asked if I'm usually listed at 188 or 189.

mild scoliosis, never felt it affected anything

if anything my deadlift is 20% stronger than others according to symmetricstrength

i want my chest as flat as possible

actually good choice not to bench with fucked back, if you bench completly flat your shoulders gonna get fucked, if you bench with even small arch like you supposed to keep tension with scoliosis you gonna have serious back pain after

do pushups, dumbells instead for chest

I had ciatic nerve inflammetion 2 years ago, on the left side.
Does it have anything to do with these problems? Im kind scared it comes back. It was literally a pain in the ass (a bit above it)

dowager's hump