What is the consensus on LCHF?

What is the consensus on LCHF?

Other urls found in this thread:

dietdoctor.com/recipes/hamburger-patties-with-creamy-gravy
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16705065
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1373635/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Wow that looks healthy chief

Ive just started it to see if it works to reduce my ldl. Will report my findings after another blood test in a month. Im doing it pretty moderately though just trying to keep to less than 100g carbs a day.

>eggs overcooked
>bacon undercooked
barf

Can't truly undercook Turkey Bacon my friend.

Well sheeeeit

Here's a simple answer boyo. If you meal prep and include some sweet potatoes and rice. You'll lose weight and feel a lot better.
Most people don't realize how much extra they eat when they don't regulate portions and eat other people's food.

I find when I cut out carbs entirely I get shakey and weak. Instead of falling for a meme. Do meal prepping and treat yourself once a week if you desire.

It's much better than falling for the Keto meme and having to bring a bag of hard boiled eggs with you everywhere.

Garbage
You make more muscle gains and lose less muscle on a cut when you eat high carb, they're the absolute best energy source for the body. Only 40~50g of fat should be eaten per day to keep hormones at a proper level. And they should be from nuts and seeds.

>when I cut out carbs entirely I get shakey and weak. Instead of falling for a meme.
Just because you don't understand something, doesn't make it a meme.

>body transitioning to keto I swear!
I burn thousands of calories a day lifting and doing cardio kid.

Fuck off back to your keto pit.

If it's good enough for chris froome it's good enough for me

then keto literally does not apply to you. it's meant for fat fuckers and diabetics. even hard core ketoers say you shouldn't do keto when bulking or heavy cardio routine.

I like keto just cause I stay pretty lean bulking on 2700cals and I feel like shit when I eat carbs. People's bodies are just different

>implying it isn't

How would eating more cholesterol lower your cholesterol... fucking retard

fuck you I eat 100g of fat with plenty of saturated fat to keep my test high

>t. Dr from 1991

funny I've been eating shitloads of cholesterol for over a year now and my LDLs and triglycerides have never been better. It's almost as if...dietary cholesterol doesn't affect blood cholesterol.

Well i'll be... Who would have thought?

Can you please give a rundown on your diet right quick?

I love that recipe.

is that cabbage?

yes, cooked in butter

LCHF should be the basis of your diet.
How many carbs you can add on top of that depends on how active and lean you are.

>over 20% bf : no carbs for you
>15-20% bf: Keep carbs pre- and post-workout
>under 15% bf: Eat carbs whenever you like
>sedentary: no carbs for you
>a few workouts per week: carbs pre- and post-workout
>very active, physical job: carbs whenever you like

it isn't

also, >implying = implying implying

How new are you?

My experience with Keto

Pros:
>Bodyfat melts off, got me down to 10% for the first time in my life without any significant effort or calorie counting
>Mentally very clear
>Emotionally very stable
>Steady and plentiful supply of energy throughout the day
>Skin improved greatly
>Boners improved greatly
>Not sure but I feel that the increase in fat consumption upped my test because I feel more dominant and virile

Cons:
>The first few weeks can be a little bothersome
>Have to watch your electrolyte levels to begin with, consuming salt when necessary to stave off fatigue and dizziness as your body adjusts
>If you don't eat enough fats you will feel lethargic as shit, not really a con but took me a while to really make that connection, coconut oil is great
>PERFORMANCE SUFFERS. There's no two ways about this. With coconut oil pre workout it's not drastic but it is certainly a little harder to go all out with the weights.
>MASS GAINING SUFFERS. Again, without that insulin response post carb consumption it is harder to gain muscle even at a caloric surplus with plenty of protein. So if you're looking to add significant mass you will struggle. It is good for keeping mass and dropping bodyfat though. When fat adapted your body will not catabolise muscle as readily as on a deficit high carb diet.

To mitigate the more significant cons I advise TKD which is basically ingesting about 15g of carbs (dextrose is good) pre workout. This raises your glycogen stores, which will allow you to go harder at each workout and will give you the insulin response necessary to add muscle. Just don't consume fats for 2 hours post-workout, because the insulin will store them as fat. Stick to lean proteins for that post workout fuel.

Overall I like it, I stay on it because athletic performance is not so important to me that it outweighs the feeling of being on keto. I have added mass and strength while on it by using TKD, obviously not as much as I would have on a carb heavy diet.

My mother did it and lost a fucking ton of weight.

Do you know the sauce's ingredients?

It really helped with me with appetite control.

I think this is all mental though. I'm a food addict who overeats for the dopamine reward. Go cold turkey on my drug foods (bread and sweets), and eventually the addiction and withdrawal symptoms disappear.

This... either go cold turkey or cut your "bad" foods step by step, whatever is easier for you.

The first two or four weeks are hard: Your brain and body crave for all that delicious and unhealthy food, although it does not need it. Just stay strong.

if i don't have a big carby meal before the gym i get too tired and end up failing lifts

Please. The most weight your mother ever loses is when I pull out.

How are the eggs undercooked? They look fine to me.

you made a uh oh

m8 cook your eggs until their black on the inside if I care. But those eggs look fine

i'm not usually one to say this, but keto is literally a meme.

Oh yeah, how's that?

Shit, wasn't expecting follow-ups. Never mind.

Moron.

dietdoctor.com/recipes/hamburger-patties-with-creamy-gravy

overcooked mane

it has zero benefits over a proper balanced diet.
only drawbacks.

Where are you getting this information?

>Implying keto caused them to drop fat while gaining muscle rather than steroids
WHEW

doesn't keto and low carb steal all your gains?

It's one of the most protein sparing diets in existence, but it's garbage for performance in the gym.

proofs?

>without that insulin response post carb consumption it is harder to gain muscle
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16705065

high fat, low carb, moderate protein. mostly saturated fats, but I try to get some of the """"good"""" fats in sometimes. I eat as few carbs as possible.
never been healthier in my entire life

This is a quick rundown.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1373635/

I'll be honest, I ain't reading this, but you put alot of effort in so here's a (You)

Can someone run theough EXACTLY what they eat on keto?

i usually eat a lot of spinach/kale/asparagus/broccoli/bok choy and i just fry it in a lot of olive oil, and add a bunch of spices

steak/chicken/tuna/cheese/eggs/bacon/99%cocoa chocolate, full fat creams in my coffee

I'd like to put my full fat cream in your coffee

LOL. It boggles my mind that doctors in this day and age still push low cholesterol, low fat.

High cholesterol isn't bad unless you suffer from systemic inflammation. Eg. You eat like shit and don't excercise. Go on statins and fuck yourself with side effects or eat better and do some cardio?

>Being such a huge faggot that you eat turkey bacon

Keto is a meme. Go vegan if you want true health. Fruit, vegetables, whole grains, beans, potatoes. Just look at any documentary / study. Keto, Paleo, all that shit is one giant meme to make money. the egg study that supposedly tells us eggs are okay to eat and don't affect cholesterol compared the effects of an egg to eating a sausage McMuffin. I don't know about you but I think we can all agree that a sausage McMuffin is not the Pinnacle of health and should never be used as a basis for healthy eating.

or you can eat all that Fruit, vegetables, whole grains, beans, potatoes. and still add chickens and eggs!

well balanced diet is key
the rest are memes

>honey what's for dinner?
>steak, pasta, salad, and a side of biohazard waste!
>mmm sounds healthy and balanced!

Turkey bacon is quite possibly less healthy than regular bacon. Just as many calories etc.

i ate
chicken,lentils and spinach for dinner.

*slides my cock in your mouth*

*bites on it and cuts your ballsacks*

fag

Pros
>easy to hit calories
>tasty food
>low fiber helps if you're bloated/gas

Con
>energy goes to shit
>low carb lowers test (as does very low fat)
>exces calories to directly to fat storage (more difficult for high carb)
>low fiber can make you constipated
>HUNGRY AS FUCK 24/7 BINGE URGES NIGGA

Cons #2
>makes you look carb depleted

>>HUNGRY AS FUCK 24/7 BINGE URGES NIGGA

Are you sure you did keto?

I did low carb high fat, not keto

its a meme just like every other diet

I was under the impression that keto increases testosterone, if you eat androgenously that is.

There's your problem retard. Your energy goes to shit because you're still running on glucose and your body has enough to prevent ketosis but not enough to run properly.

Keto isn't for everyone regardless, but I'm glad my body prefers high fat and protein. Never felt this great