What do you lift for?

What do you lift for?

Be honest with yourself, Veeky Forums

These threads do not contribute to the board "culture" nor do they provide any serious discussion or information. Delete this and refrain from posting it again. Back to r/Veeky Forums, kiddo.

the feeling of breaking new squat PRs and the mires caught from said PRs

So I can have sexy arms and chest when I get ottermode.
And it helps me not be sad.

I lift because it's a healthy alternative to self-harm. Lifting heavy, feeling that self-loathing get strained by heavy weights is satiating.

Also because it helps with my self perception.

I want to look good and be healthy
it's more for myself than anything else

So cunts like elon musk can't take my freedom away

to fill that deep hole in my chest. life is shit. ppl lie while iron doesn't. I lift myself to feel better, to escape my stupid and naive mistakes that I keep on making. playing vidya used to help, but now it's less effective. subhana rabbiill a'ala wabihamdihi subhana rabbiil alizm.

>sorry anons
>I just wanted to vent somewhere.

I'd like to take up boxing

This girl I was talking and was really into friendzoned me and started fucking this chaddy guy.

I don't work out for her but I work out for the idea that I never want to feel that feel again.

so I can hate myself less
Id also like to learn how to defend myself. I want to take muay thai classes, but poorfag

just to see how much I can put on the bar. nothing else

to become a pretty nigga

I want to look better and feel strong, but honestly the thing that flipped the switch was when a casual acquaintance made a snide off the cuff remark once saying I wouldn't do it.

I wanted to be a Ranger and to self-medicate for my depression and psychological trauma. Since I can't be in the military now I just do it to keep the depression and self-hatred away. When people ask why I lift though I just say to look good because I won't admit I have a problem.

Lots of Berserk fans here.

I want something I can be proud of, the small gains I've made so far have really made me feel better about myself. I would also be lying if I said my lifting wasn't in part motivated by me wanting to have a gf, I've never had one but I'd really like to

To be better than the other people and to slay mad puss
Also i want to be stronger

It keeps my thoughts of suicide down.

I was a fat bastard at 17 and wanted to lose weight. 3 years later I'm a healthy guy more or less.

Because I fucking hate myself, and I hope that by being huge and focusing all my time on will distract me from these faggot thoughts I get in my head. I just fucking jerked it on vacation with my aunt and cousin down the hall to this shit. Without the gym I fucking hate myself. Family and friends are the only reason I haven't done myself in.

It helps me not be sad

Makes me feel good about myself, like I can achieve things and work hard

sports

>I just fucking jerked it on vacation with my aunt and cousin down the hall to this shit
I-is this abnormal?

Berserk is the most fit manga out there. Plus is bet a lot of Veeky Forums weeks started lifting after mirining guts physique

I want to become the strongest I can as a natty. 2/5/6 is my goal (OHP/sq/DL)
Also want a qt tomboy gf to lift with me

This. Also i feel mentally sharper in my every day life, that is one of my biggest reasons

i want to be happy with my body in effort to increase my self confidence

There's no such thing as the friendzone.

I love being stronger than my colleagues. I love being able to run farther, emdure longer. I love being better. Call me selfish or an edgy narcissist, but that's why I do it.

To lower my stress

for queen and country

Injured my knee playing soccer. I defend aggressively so lateral movements don't cut it for me any longer, lifting he,ps me stay active...would rather play soccer tho...

Why the fuck wouldn't I lift.

do it user, i have been boxing for a few years now, its an awesome hobby to take up

here (you) go

I want to feel like i'm better than everyone else

To lose the weight and feel better about myself. Tired of being the one fat friend.

I thought I was the only one who has stooped that low, maybe it's not.

self improvement. self improvement helps you achieve anything you're after with more success so you could say I lift for anything I desire.

To piss off my ex

or get her back

or someone hotter, whatever works

Unironically?

For him.

t. have adhd which is correlated to bipolar disorder, sometimes it helps a lot, other times it sucks.

To defend and intimidate blacks and other minorities