yes

maybe

He survived and uploaded the video himself

I don't know

>still haven't hit 2pl8

can you repeat that question

I hit 225 for a couple sets of doubles today, felt pretty good

On how much weight did you stall?

You shouldn't be stalling on less than 3pl8 realistically unless you are DYEL or have bad form. Take it slow and safe.

benching is fun, just train it like a bodybuilding accessory instead of a strength lift. High volume does wonders

same bro, staled at 200lbs and can't seem to progress on my bulk, i'm trying to eat more but its hard as fuck, i'm also broke now and can't really spend on supplements

If you haven't hit 2pl8 after 3 months then you're doing something very wrong, try eating more.

Hope you typo'd and meant to write 3.5pl8, my dyel friendo

>Not benching b0w1z yet.

Never gonna make it.....

I do 1pl8 (2x 25kg) for 5x5 after eight months, my deadlifts are 3pl8 and my squat is 1.8pl8 - wat do? I've just switched to dumbbell bench to compensate, although, my pumps have gotten a lot better anyway.

I have similar looking legs (albeit with better calves due to genetics) to my friend and he squats substantially higher than me.

Legs always look deceptively weak, but can be ridiculously strong

I feel you bro. After three months I've only been able to bench 65 kilos

He's trolling you.

1pl8 is 60kg i believe, plates are 20kg. anyway i got the same thing.

i can squat 3pl8, dl 3.5pl8 and ohp 1pl8, but my bench i do 70kg which is a joke. right now i just switched back to 60kg and doing some extra reps, plus doing a couple of quick sets of incline (home gym, just do some for a quick shower) which anons told me might help, but although it feels a little better, still not able to progress weight at all.

Are we doomed to have poverty chest genetics?

Absolutely correct, and if you haven't hit three plates by six months in you're basically not even trying. Four plates at the end of the year was easy. I'm now at eight plates eighteen months in. T. Massive faggot.

>don't lift for years, lose all progress, start again because got fat (kept eating at lifting maint tdee)
>lmao1plaet bench after a week
>stall forever
>add accessories
>stalling
>get rid of accessories
>stalling
>etc.
>have to take a break because traveling (did push ups, pull ups, and body squats)
>come back after 2 weeks
>think I have to deload
>actually increased bench
>but my squat went down
>but my deds went up
>but my ohp went down
>but my rows went up

make up your mind you fucking uneven body

was he ever really alive?

1.5 years in, 82.5kg 1RM
Squat 160kg and DL 170kg.

6 months, 75 kgs 5RM bench, 95 5RM squat, 120 4RM deadlift, what the fuck.

2.5 months, bp 85kg 5x5, squat 110kg 5x5.

(muscle memory gains).

I only have good leg genetics, I'm 5'8 with thin bones

What helps me is simply just cheating. Overarching back (in a non-harmful way ofcourse) and just using a spotter. After a while I can do it without cheating.

Also, and this might sound stupid, but you can trick yourself. Lets say youre trying to get 2pl8 but you just cant do it. Slap on 2.5pl8 at the start of your set and just hold it on top, with a spotter ofcourse. Afterwards 2pl8 will feel light as fuck

I'm similar just lower stats, I can deadlift 3.5pl8, ohp0.75pl8 and squat 2pl8 and my bench is also around 70...I don't have a spotter at the moment and it feels like im not improving bench at all

>Slap on 2.5pl8 at the start of your set and just hold it on top, with a spotter ofcourse. Afterwards 2pl8 will feel light as fuck

is this true?

Whats it about bench and OHP that makes it so hard to lift more. Like with deadlifts and squats I feel like I can always go heavier, if I really push myself, but then by sacrificing form and with the risk of injury. But with bench and OHP there is simply no way to get the weight up, whatever you do it just wont fucking move

"A great way to get stronger and improve your mental confidence in bench press is to do heavy bench press holds.

With a bench press hold you would go anywhere from 5-25% more than your current 1 rep max. All you do is hold the weight as if you were starting a bench press. From there you just hold the weight for 5-10 seconds. No bench press and no lowering.

Heavy Bench Press holds are a great way to jack up your CNS (Central Nervous System).

Once a weight feels comfortable in your hands you have a much higher chance of getting the lift."

It works for me at least, dont have science to back it up though

It's opposite for me, i have shitty looking chest and i can bench 3pl8. Also big legs and can squat only about 3pl8 too. But that's mostly because i fucked up my lower back too many times now.

Im sure you would be able to if you didn't have to jump up in 5lb increments as the minimum.

Cheers breh seems to make sense. Might try it sometime

>long arms, especially forearms
>super long ROM
>hypermobile elbows, maybe shoulders too
>cant keep wrist straight

>5x5 65kg bench

>did 3x5 25kg pull ups easily

3 months on SL 5x5 + with own accessories btw

I am 5'8 as well and thin boned, I weight only 141 too.

He's still stuck like that.

Literally the stats of a female powelifter

Gj

is he kill?

I've been stalling on my bench for three weeks now. Today is bench day, do you think am gonna make it?

Your wrists shouldn't be "straight". They just shouldn't be flopped backward at 90 degree. The angle your wrist makes is dependent on how low you rest the bar in your palm, and the degree of internal vs external rotation your forearm has in relation to the bar. But no matter what, the wrist will not be straight. You can't hold a heavy barbell like that with a straight wrist.

i dont know what this means. should i become a trap?

Are there any downsides to becoming a trap? You get all the female privileges without the bullshit period or becoming batshit insane due to hormone imbalances.

Have you tried benching more?

>6 months SS
>Massive legs
>Non-existent upper body
>Squat 2.5 pl8 (1RM)
>OHP 1pl8(1RM)
>Can't even 1pl8 bench (55 kgs was my best)
>Could easily diidly >2pl8 diddly but my arms are so weak

Rip me

yeah. I remember stalling on behind the neck press, so I dropped the lift for a while. as my squat increased (bar gets heavier on my back) after returning to behind the neck press, it went up by 15% ish because it felt so light on my back as I was used to heavier weight

Unless you have a home gym or dont mind looking like a fucking weakling while constantly going up in weight you will never bench more.

is benching even neccesary

I was lookin at some bb from before it was invented and they looked fine

flat bench is the normie ego lift
just do flies and incline bench for a joocy chest

eat more
sleep more
get rid of the pump and fluff stuff
increase frequency
add cgbp and skullcrusher for tricep work
try harder

of all the compound lifts, bench is the least necessary one. If I'd drop one exercise, then its the bench.

Top tier: front squat, OHP, chin ups, sprints
great tier: high bar squat, deadlift, farmers walks
ok tier: rows, bench, dragon flags
shit tier: low bar squat
dont even ask: bench

>massive legs with a dyel 2.5pl8 squat

you're just fat

you can build your whole chest doing bench, most people here just don't know shit
>le replace bench with this laundry list of pump and fluff accessories
the only excersises i would consider good replacements for bench are weighted dips and also decline bench which is safer on your shoulders.

>been benching for months upon months
>like literally nearly a year now
>stalled at 120 pounds
I'm doing something fucking wrong and I know it, I just don't know what specifically. I've always been weak but it's just disappointing.

INCLUDE

When you compare them to the rest of my body to them, then they are big

But the fat part is also true :(

Same here, tfw 24 inch legs and 425 squat

A friend of mine went from 165 max to a 305 max in 10 months all natty. All he did was max out 5 days a week. 6'3'' 205 lbs. never trains legs

Eat more and add more volume, that's literally as simple as it gets.

>OHP 165
>bench only 185
honestly fuck bench, OHP is more fun.

>tfw eating more and fixing form fixed my plateau

100x3 kg lads

It makes you look more aesthetic too. OHP+Weighted dips= god teir physique with less injuries.

Is this true? Im on month 9 and i was just able to hit 1pl8

i find that more frequency is better for bench rather then volume

Strat doing push-ups. Do them every night. Try and do 100 in as fee sets as you can. I swear I was stalled on bench for months and then bumped it up about 5 kg in a week because of this.

I stalled on bench constantly. One day I decided to just do weighted push-ups instead. I'm making much MUCH better progress on these, so I'm gonna stick with them for the time being. Idk if you're really having that much trouble with bench, I'd recommend replacing it with weighted push-ups or weighted dips for a little bit, and then go back to bench later when you feel comfortable and stronger.

You most likely have a shitty squat form or never tried going atg

Try weighted dips for a bit. Make good progress with those, and then after a while, switch back to bench and see how it feels.

M8 honestly you should be at 52pl8 by now. Veeky Forums is just weak as fuck

but really though it doesn't matter as long as you're continually making progress.

That's exactly what I meant. Bench 4-5 days a week instead of just 1 or 2 or whatever you're doing and switch up the intensity.

It all depends on where you start. When I first started going, I wasn't able to chest press any more than 30lbs. After a month or two, I was barely able to bench the bar. After about a year, I'm up to a 1.5pl8 bench. It all depends on where you start and the progress you're making. Most guys that are like "you need to hit 225 after x amount of months or you're a weak faggot" started going to the gym with an already good strength base/foundation.

do nuckols 3x int med (28 free programs) and eat more