Lower back injury?

I was doing deadlifts yesterday and my lower back started hurting like a bitch just left of center. Right side is fine. Went home to sleep it off woke up 10 minutes ago it hurts even worse. What do?

pray that it's a muscle strain and not anything more serious

ive got miscle strain going on for 4 months now. what do?

me too, and I'm praying as well
but it happened during squats

I have an appointment with my doctor next week to check it out

Give it 2-3 days, if it's not better see a doctor as soon as possible. In the meantime, I'd suggest extra strength ibuprofen and temporarily halting any strenuous activities that aren't absolutely necessary.

how do i tell?

stop deadlifting

i met up with a doctor who said to just go to physical therapy. ive done that for shin splints and it was basically just stretching and massages so i opted out. i guess i havent really been stretching daily though

Today is shoulders can i do that without fucking myself up?

I have no idea,

when I squatted 4 months ago I felt a sharp pain in my lower back, the day after I couldn't walk, and the day after that day, and the day after the day after that day. 4 days later I started feeling better, a month later I returned to squats, but the feeling was still there.

4 months later, I have no idea what the fuck is going under there any more, sometimes it's fine, sometimes I feel discomfort. Is it a muscle strain? Is it a hernia? Is it a slipped disc? That's why I have the appointment next week, and I think you should do the same.

If you can't walk due to a back injury it's almost certainly a herniated disc compressing the sciatic nerve.
If you're up now, they probably wouldn't do anything but pt, or at most some corticosteroids. Do some research on a rehab routine, or see a pt who can probably also added if you're flexion or rotation intolerant

but doesn't a herniated disc induce pain in the leg? my pain was in my lower back, not the legs

Sup, another dude here, I found out after xrays that I have abnormally little room between my vertebrae and the doctor just shrugged when I asked him what do I do with that info. I don't know if it's due to an injury or what but my back just started giving out about a year ago. I honestly don't have any good advice except wait out the pain and take at least 2 weeks of rest once the pain goes away and once you come back lower the weights and train yourself back up. Doctor first of course.

>lifting for 3 years
>never had an issue with my lowerback or felt
something uncomfortable

might want to learn form properly and take your time lads

If you know how to OHP without bending yourself into a C shape you're fine

Had this problem. Just try to avoid being in bed all day.

Could be referred pain from hamstring or SIJ. Rest and then slowly ease back in. Spend more time doing core work as well when you get back to lifting.

Lol go to physio. I've had the same thing twice now and 3 weeks to a month or went away. But if you keep injuring your back it will become snapped beyond repair

sacroiliac joint dysfunction, typically brought on by tight musculature of the hip and doing something like deadlifts

How to fix? Foam roll your piriformis, QL, hip flexors, IT band. Stretch your psoas, hip flexors. Post your rear glute spread here for further examination.

A little advil will help take the edge off, it's inflammation causing the pain.

we got another one boys

why is this posted in almost every thread about lower back pain?

>just left of center

I've had this on and off for years, probably tied to my scoliosis. I basically go really light on Deadlifts and Squats for that reason, it kind of sucks

Do you feel it in your hamstring, glute or leg?
If yes, it's a herniated disc

do not sit on your ass

move, walk

do stuart mcgill exercises

helped me a lot when i strained my back diddly doing doing some bitch weight

pulling more than 4pl8 now

retarded af

>just left of center
sounds like disc issues
only if it impinges the sciatic nerve, it might not

I have really light lower back pain.
I recently started taking better care of my posture by changing my sleeping habits (used to sleep in my stomach, and apparently it's really bad for your lower back).
I didn't have pain when I was sleeping in my stomach and now that I'm sleeping on my back (with a pillow under my knees) I have pain on my lower back almost every day, mostly when I bend down to pick something up. I can't sleep on my side either because my shoulder hurts when I wake up.
What does the pain mean? Is my lower back just getting used to the new position or am I fucking it up?