Let's talk about those financial gains Veeky Forums

Let's talk about those financial gains Veeky Forums.

How do you get financial gains? Will help?

Other urls found in this thread:

bogleheads.org/wiki/Lazy_portfolios#Three_fund_lazy_portfolios
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Veeky Forums is stupid crypto garbage, largely trying to pump-and-dump. Avoid it like the plague.

>tfw european
>tfw gains made with US stocks are almost worthless because muh strong euro
>tfw european stocks are shit
How do i cope with not being born in burgerland?

>>tfw european stocks are shit
You're too stupid to ever get into finance

got a masters, got a job that should get me to six figs in a couple of years, 401k and pumping $2k every couple months into a vanguard fund. I don't really pay much attention to money so my portfolio reflects that

>Veeky Forums is stupid crypto garbage

What is crypto? Do they earn money from it?

electronic currency, you might as well go bet on some horse races or start gambling instead

>electronic currency, you might as well go bet on some horse races or start gambling instead

Why? I browsed Veeky Forums and they go crazy for it. I didn't get a single Business or Finance advice. If it isn't good why are they so into it?

For the same reason people go crazy for the lottery. There's a chance they'll be able to jump onto the next bitcoin when it's low and they'll become a millionaire without ever having to leave the comfort of their mothers basement. If you want to take that risk go ahead. A more sensible approach is to get a job and invest in a 401k and index funds. You won't get rich quick but you'll earn slow and steady.

I thought you were a sheep shaggers. What are you doing in murica

I've been browsing Veeky Forums and they gave me absolutely no advice whatsoever other than meme and buy coins. Veeky Forums gave me better life advice than Veeky Forums did

It has the potential to be good. It's still pretty new as far as the market goes. Still needs a lot of developement and infrastructure, but it has support and is growing.

>financial "fitness"
this does not belong here

I've realized that having your own business is the only way to really make big money.

Just gotta do like ten years of wage work to build a resume and skills

I put most of my (EUR) money into a Vanguard S&P 500 Index ETF. So far it's gone 5% down. Should I sell?

bogleheads.org/wiki/Lazy_portfolios#Three_fund_lazy_portfolios
40% bonds, 40% stocks, 20% international
Every time you put money in, balance it so it maintains these ratios. Don't take money out. So when the prices of an asset go down, you buy more at this new lower price.

I'm after higher risk with higher reward as I'm young, single, completely flexible and could easily recover even from total loss. Therefore I have this all-stocks setup.

But thanks for the link, I read previously that you should diversify and all that. It's just that I think that my financial situation can take much more volatility than the average or pre-retirement investor would be comfortable with.

Of course I don't know too much about these things. I just read in "I will teach you to be rich" that you should judge the performance of a stock in the context of the whole market or of the industry that stock is in. But with a market index, is there really any reference?

How long have you been in it? I have money in the non-ETF version of that and it's up 15% on the year.

Two weeks.
I'm also a bit flabbergasted by the losses, as the S&P 500 should be going up, but I guess that's because of the weak USD/strong EUR somehow?

It's more that I know that panic selling is bad and that stocks can be volatile I just don't know how bad it would have to be or if it can ever be bad enough for me to sell.

I just followed the "you can't beat the market" adviced propagated everywhere.

prove me wrong fag

International market is up this year

QFT. Memecoin central.

Or just fork a coin and cash out early for some guaranteed monetary gains.

lol, 2 weeks

Listen to the wise words of Warren Buffet and buy burgers when the prices are low. A strong Euro and a falling dollar means you get more for every euro invested now when the dollar eventually rises again.

that exponential progression though

But if Trump nukes Canada that might never happen

American stock market is the worst place you can alocate your money now.

This. Trump & Co. are creating their own crises with unforced errors on a daily basis. What happens when a real crisis comes along?
>stocks are almost like stamp collecting---their value is derived from confidence that other people would buy them

So?

That's what everybody thinks, so perhaps it is undervalued.

Same fag

Yes with betas throwing free cash on every american company and with strong dollar value.

>Acorns for ez investments of spare change
>Roth IRA
>401k
>ESPP
I'm doing pretty average I think. I'd like to save more. But I have a lot of shit to buy this year.

>two weeks
Index funds are a long term investment. You shouldn't be putting any money in them unless you don't need it for ten years. Panicking over a two week loss is retarded. There could be potentially years long periods where you lose money but over a long enough time period the market will recover and you will earn money.

So I have read. Thanks for telling this
negative nanny off.

how much money have you personally put in to the acorn account

I'm bad with that. Lost ~15k of investments within last two years. Fuck that shit, and never take financial advice from anyone!

Kek. I lost $15k in oil stocks. Made it back in a month doing buttcoin trading. Didn't sell. Now I've only made back $6k of what I lost.
If I didn't have 60k liquid I'd KMS

Get a solid chunk of change through hard work, stringent budgeting, and constant saving. $10k should be a minimum.

Put it in a nice vanguard or set or track the indeces, or buy diversified mutual funds.

7% returns per year and grow it.

I have about $80k in savings now and get 10% returns since I studied finance. That's 8k this year, 8.8k next year, 9.7k the year after, and so on.

Don't touch the money or you lose the compound interest.

A lot

>markets
>memecoin
>not stacking silver and gold
You brehs don't see it coming. Enjoy that monopoly money.

Veeky Forums can help if you look past the crypto currency threads

>Veeky Forums is nothing but crypto shilling
It's sad really. I remember when Veeky Forums was degree wank threads and shit you buy when you got reach, sprinkled in with actual sound financial advice from time to time. It's the end of an era.

>t.Nocoiner faggot that likes beign poor

This. The best way to make solid financial gains is to live below your means, save money aggressively, and make smart investments. Veeky Forums is full of a bunch of children trying turn their neetbux into millions overnight with meme coins.

I'm making about $1000 USD Dollars a month savings after all expenses, what exactly do I do with this money? At the moment it's just like... sitting in my bank account.

A lot of people are shitting on cryptos here, and I'll tell you that it's not something to avoid. I have pulled in a few thousand of a 500 dollar investment after about 4 months of trading. This is on the low scale. There are guys on Veeky Forums who have become legit millionaires from doing this. Just move your money around often through buying low, and selling high. Don't get scared, and don't get greedy, and over time you'll make good money. Don't pull it out until you're ready to get out of the game or the market is tanking. More capital means more gains.

you can invest in an ira or save for a down payment for a mortgage

if you already do that then you can maybe save for your kids college or plan some rad vacations

Idk how to into vanguard. I can throw 10k at it a year. How do I start?

so it's basically stock trading? people shit on cryptos because it's pretty complicated desu

stock trading but 100x more volatile, you ccan double up or lose everything in a day

lol

best to do it with money you dont care about losing. i bought 8k worth of btc like 2 years ago. now its worth around 24k

>tfw I am a senior and still have 3 years of being a broke law school student after this year

>get your credit right
>put 10% down on FHA loan on an undervalued duplex (ymmv if you're in an insane market)
>let the other half being rented pay your mortgage.
>literally cut out the biggest bill you have
>profit and save and invest more

I went to UCLA for a bit, but I'm living in Australia now. Vanguard has an Australian branch

Fuck I feel the same way brah. Biz aint nothing but a joke now.

Ayyyy about to start in September. Wish me luck

I'm kinda fucked. Got a degree, but didn't use it and it's been five years. I still apply to jobs in that field but I've never gotten an interview that isn't for their grunt work or collections within the company.

My brother-in-law works for one of the companies and has been there for 10years and he's one of my references. But he's never once been contacted.

Meanwhile I'm working as a Pharmacy Tech after being fired from a Dispatch job. Only make 15usd an hour.

Had an interview this Monday to work as a Community Resource Officer, but the interview was all of 14minutes long and they informed me that they'll let me know if I'll continue to see the Civil Service panel in three weeks time.

I need a new job. But I'm not a marketable person.

I did my masters there, it's a good school. Make some good connections and you'll be sweet

The only number you should be looking at is your end of the year return. You should be shooting for a base average of 7% return on investment just dumping it into ETF.

>best to do it with money you dont care about losing.
can't stress this enough. people on that board actually put rent money into crypto and then panic when it dips. if you don't have disposable income then it isn't for you

So essentially you are buying a two-family home, renting out one half for the cost of the mortage per month or better and then keeping the other half to live in yourself?

Turned 10k into 55k in 3 months with crypto. Just cashed out 25k for a down payment on condo.

>point and laugh at the nocoiners