Running shoes

I am looking to invest into good running shoes

I have absolutely no idea how to choose

is asics the best brand?

Go to a fucking store and try some on, most brands have some good shoes.

I went to one the other day and the girl was like "this is good", "yes this is good too", "yes this is also good", "yes also good"

I don't trust them anymore

Go to a running store. They'll watch how you walk and be able to tell what kinda shoes you need. Only downside is that they will recommend expensive shoes. Mine were $150 but worth the price for avoiding injuries due to a bad fit.

Don't go there to listen to them, see how comfortable and well built the shoes are yourself. Most shoes are made the same you just have to find what's comfortable for you, /Fit can't magically decide for you.

>I don't trust them anymore
That's because there are plenty of good options.

Get something that is made for running, not cross training. If it feels comfortable, and is flexible enough to run in comfortably, then buy the shoe. If you can have your gait analyzed, it helps you choose a shoe better, but only if you have a shitty gait.

Or, just buy some shoes and get your ass moving. It really doesn't matter unless you're a fuckup.

The lighter the shoes feel and the more flexible they are, the better they will be for running. Most factory insoles are shit anyways so you should probably buy new ones for like 20 bucks. How they feel though is subjective to each person. Pick which ones you like best.

You shouldn't mess with the factory insole unless you need a specific orthotic.

The factory insole is just protective antibacterial foam to protect you from the stitching of the footbed. Cushioned insoles cause more harm than good by raising the stack height and changing the fit of the shoe.

Fuck you. I like new insoles. You should spray your shoes with antibacterial shit regularly anyways faggot. Unless a shoe is made specifically for your foot then it doesnt matter if the Veeky Forums of the shoe changes anyways.

Enjoy your extra 4 oz to your shoe and your IT band syndrome.

I don't like to lug the extra weight when it does nothing positive for the shoe or your foot.

Fag.

And you don't need to spray your shoes with antibacterial spray, unless you have aids.

Kalenji ekiden one is a good start.

>Brooks
>Asics
Best two running brands

This. I've been using asics for running for years. Nike and stuff I find you're paying more for the name

I find Nike are generally cheaper and because they release new models so often you can get good discounts on the older versions. I run in Zoom Elites that I got for $70. Good shoe.

Go to an actual running store and see what they recommend.

this if you have the time. every running store I've gone to have actual runners working there and they've never given me a bad recommendation.

What kind of arch do you have? pronation or supination?

I have a medium arch and a bit of pronation and a decently wide foot, got the zoom pegasus 34 and they fit amazing

The best brand is what fits you, i tried on brooks and new balance but the nike fit me best so thats what i got. The guy at the store evaluated my gait by having me walk around and then brought out 4 pairs

Used to run in Asics. Switched over to Brooks. I run D3 , 60-70 miles a week and my mile time is under 4:30. Brooks are definitely the best but you should really go to a store n get fitted. Like a real running store.
If Brooks aren't for you definitely hit up Asics. Saucony makes good running shoes as well but I use those for track workouts.

I have asics and i love them

What's a real running store?

I got myself Guide 9's and they are the best shoes I ever owned. I'd suggest going to an actual sportswear store though and just try stuff out and see what's the best fit for you.

Have this exact pair and they're very good.

I will forever be a brooks shopper. Hands down best show ever. Pic related was the result of walking from Phoenix Arizona to Kearney Nebraska.

Same here in 2nd year of college with brooks pureconnect running shoe that has survived XC and track and they're still fine.