Seriously, is "aging = getting fat" an excuse or a fact?

Seriously, is "aging = getting fat" an excuse or a fact?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wy9r2qeouiQ
npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=123887823
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8361073
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1038/oby.2009.162/full
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

both

Aging = harder to lose fat. Everything else is bullshit.

for the chronically lazy, ie an excuse

Total excuse. Your metabolism does slow down with age but not nearly to the level that would cause a previously healthy person eating the same amount of food to become obese.

Age = fat is purely due to changing priorities with age. You have 3 kids and you're too exhausted to cook so you go out to eat or just make oven pizza. You don't feel you don't have the time to exercise anymore (you DO, you just think you don't) and it all just adds up.

Just like any hamplanet that insists they eat healthy and they can't lose the weight, there's always a hidden truth they're uncomfortable with a knowledging.

It is just a bit harder. I am 35 and in the best shape of my life.

Honestly I am kinda glad I was lazy for a decade plus. My brother stayed super fit since high school and now his knees and hair are fucked from the wear and tear of exercise and from the creatine and shit.

Excuse for half a fact for others.

Most simply don't realize that as they age their metabolisms are slowing down, they are losing muscle, and they are in fact moving less meaning that their NEAT is far lower then someone younger or more active then them.

The fact that they don't change their eating habits or worse force themselves to keep the same eating habits they had as youngsters makes thing 100x worse.

>knees
Man, was he doing something wrong? This isn't normal, is it?

na he fell for the squat and deadlift (rip spine) meme.

as long as you're not doing either one of those exercises you'll be fine.

CICO still applies, as that's just basic, irrefutable physics. The "CO" part does go down a little as you age, though.

Fat is a lifestyle. Aging is inevitable.

Age is a factor, but a very small one.

>I don't deadlift but I still front squat
>i'm 21 years old

user you're scaring me... Was he doing powershitter weights?

Then how am I supposed to train my legs? I'm already slowly fucking my back and knees up from lifting boxes at work, I don't need anymore issues.

>was gonna say this
when you get older your metabolism slows down i.e. if you continue with your ongoing diet you are more likely going to get fat

Bodyweight squats, bridges, hanging leg raises,

If you do squat, squat for 1-3 sets x 5-12 reps at 80% of your current max only ONCE a week.
That's it.
That's all.

dude get the fuck outta here with that shit advice

Aging = getting a family and a busy job = getting fat

If you are just an aging neet, then the excuse won't work

>hanging leg raises trains legs

>a knowledging

my dad is in better shape at 50 than when he was ~30

Okay, what do you suggest?

You listen to a geared up retard who's trained no one of any importance and is considered a babbling retard by every legit lifting coach on the planet with absolutely ruined joints from years of powerlifting.

Listen.
Basic bodyweight training to strengthen the legs and core is ideal and helps everyone.

And anyone tells you that you as a normal average person who merely wants to be more fit needs to barbell squat more then once a week and at low reps is either a new lifter or someone with ruined joints or a future where they will have ruined joints.

I single workout of squats every week is more then enough to get both muscle and strength gains.

Hanging leg raises is to strengthen the stomach you galloping fucking retard.

The fuck is wrong with you.

Strengthening the stomach helps the back.

So are you saying you don't even barbell squat but still build muscle?l

youtube.com/watch?v=wy9r2qeouiQ

what would you give for eternal immortality so you never age past 25?

>when you get older your metabolism slows down

[citation needed]

the only reason it "slows down" is because with age people become less active.

The norm is important, not the exception

Excuse. I saw an 80 year old woman mowing her lawn.

Are you fucking retarded? I was calling him retarded for saying hanging leg raises as a way to train legs. Brush up your reading comprehension you dork

npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=123887823

TL;DR: We have less muscles when we're older due to a variety of factors including hormones and stem cell replenishment. Because we have less muscles we burn less fat. Exercise in literally all ages helps mitigate this

>that shirt

Fucking lol

Aging just means you lose muscle mass if it not maintained. Less muscle = less passive calories burned ("lower metabolism"). If you eat the same and have less muscle, you get fat.

Keep working out to maintain your muscle mass and you won't get fat.

BMR decreases with age. This is a fact.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8361073

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1038/oby.2009.162/full

It's mostly from decreases in LBM. Activity can help slow this decline in LBM, but it's inevitable.

Yes
>dad is 45
>has had a back surgery
>3 knee surgeries
>Colon Cancer (which he beat)
>looks 35
>still lifts everyday

His hair is fucked up? He might be doing other "supplements" then. Healthy lifestyle and diet promotes healthy hair breh

Okay, now I really don't buy this guy, or else your bro is a retard.

Deads are basically picking something up off the ground. Squats can fuck you if you load the bar up with too much weight.

stomach strength.

that is also bullshit.

your metabolism only slows down because you're less active + muscle dystrophy, its not because you're aging.

nothing.
I'm glad that I'm going to die one day.
It only gives me an incentive to get out and enjoy my life while I can.
>tfw on Veeky Forums at 1am

its an excuse. Because people eat the same amount as theyre young, but when they grow older they move less.
So the caloric intake stays the same, or increase. While to caloric expenditure is reduced.

>a knowledging

Don't scare people because you are to laze to learn proper form and/or use too much weight

The major reason why people have less muscle as they ae is because theyre less active. Hormones is just a miniscule reason.

Almost no one is as active in their 40s and they were in their 20s.

Kek, good reminder to never take serious advice from this site

> one set of squats per week is enough to get gains

Ye, if you are in the beginner stage or a girl and therefore never lift properly. Pls don't listen to this guy if you want to optimize your gains, stay to the sticky and studies regarding training methods

I have a job that requires insane amount of physical work. A lot of back braking work.
And the best way for me to not get back ain or injuries is by lifting heavy.
Bodyweight squats wont do shit for me. Im already doing 100s of bodyweight squats and deads at work, or similare movements.

The only issue is that you need more time to recouperate.

Mind if I ask what your job is?
I had a job in my teens with a shit-ton of physical labour. It was great, but hard.
Sorry if I seem too intrusive, but I'd be interested in hearing about your job.

Ive had two jobs which are very physical.
At the first one work with a machine that fills frozen vegetables in 25kg bags. Which then has to be lifted and straightened for the sewing machine. then it goes on a conveyor belt to another guy who lifts it up and put it in stacks of 33. Other times we would fill boxes on bellates with 300-500kg of vegetables and those pallets weight 50kg+ which has to pushed around the floor to the filling station. And we have to build those boxes, while all of this is going on.
but sometimes we had to be more efficient and fill bags and boxes at the same time. so one guy deals with the boxes and the other with the bags. so the guy who deals with the bags ends up lifting the same bag twice as he has to straighten it for the sewing machine, then run up and stack the previous bag with the other ones.
and in a shift we would do anywhere between 400-900 bags.

The other job was sorting cases of meat that weighs between 1kg-20kg(most of them were between 14kg-16kg). Each case had to be sorted to get on the appropriate truck and route. And that is what you did all day long. You would be lifting upto 3-4 tons an hour, constantly. It was boring as fuck and too repetitive.

The other job at least had some variance, and machines would break down, causing a lot of trouble, as the big freezer never stops spewing out vegetables, but that also made it exciting.

And all the running and fast paced work gets tiring when youre 105kg.

Sounds quite intense in the first job, and pretty tedious in the second.
I like hearing about physical jobs, since I'm currently in a trades-school, where the work is pretty physically demanding at times, and in the past, I've worked at places that create a lot of physical waste, where I'd have to shovel and carry buckets of dirt, dust, woodchips, etc weighing 50kg+.
It's times like these where I'm very glad I lift, lol.
If I didn't lift back then I wouldn't have been able to do the jobs I had to do.
Back then though my shifts were only 4 hours, I can only imagine what it would be like to do those types of shifts for regular hours.
Hope your jobs are treating you well man, don't forget to take care of yourself; my dad's told me about how the jobs he used to work at started to take a toll on him in his mid 40s.

yeah, lest one is very tedious. But im going to stop doing jobs like these as it fucks up your body too much. Im 25 and i already feeling the jobs taking atoll on me. On the vegetable job i would wake up in the morning, andmy fingers would be completely stiff. I need to warm up for 5-10 minutes for them to get back to normal, and i cant lock out my knees properly as theyre too beaten up.

The worst part is that you get nothing in return for breaking down your body. Except for an average salary.

If it werent for lifting i would be fucked.

shit, man. Do what you feel's best for you.
IDK what situation you may be in, but education is the most powerful thing out there. If you want to go to school to get a comfier job, it's definitely possible for you. Idk what country you're in either, but here in Canada, trades jobs are gaining value, as most people are going into university rather than apprenticeships.
I'd suggest looking up jobs in the trades that aren't too physically demanding. That's what I'm doing, and things are looking good for my future.
My only concern is that some jobs still require physical labour, which is what I'm looking to avoid.
Although I did notice that special rub ointments like tiger balm, rub A535, and other pain gels really helped me a TON. Also lots of stretching, and drinking 1 cup of water with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and a teaspoon of honey every day helped me the most.
Honestly if you knees are bothering you I'd suggest getting some gels you can rub onto them to help them feel better, and some apple cider vinegar. It's helped me SO much, even when I was a teen, after sports practices I'd run the gel on, then take apple cider vinegar before I went to bed, and I woke up feeling less sore. It definitely works over time.

pic related is what I'd use to help my sore joints, I suggest you look them up. Hope everything goes well for you man

thanks, ill try that.
And yeah, im going to educate my self, as an electrician, as its a trade job, and doesnt require tons of physical jobs.
The possibilites are very good here in Norway, but there are only shitty jobs left if you dont a good education, or one of the sought after trade jobs.

That's great man. I was first interested in being an electrician, until I researched and found out about the HVAC field. The systems in it were cool to me when I was younger, so I pursued it.
Now I'm in a 2 year program and it's going great. I've heard many good things about this trade as well, so hopefully my career treats me nicely.
What I've learned from when I was younger though is that anything is better than a tough physical labour job, lol.
Hope your career goes well for you man.

>sample size of one
kys