Veeky Forums should I go to college? I'd want to go just for the sake of getting that piece of paper...

Veeky Forums should I go to college? I'd want to go just for the sake of getting that piece of paper, but overall it seems like a huge waste of time. Plus the debt and whatnot. Thinking about working a wage slave job, saving up income and putting it into crypto and make it that way.

bump

bump again

College is for the memes and pussy. If it's a business school though, and you're not an unlikable faggot, then it's a great place place to build connections, which avoids you starting from the ground up.

At the end of it, you really just need a job that gets the money in. Crypto is only worth it if you get a loan and plan to go all in, which is not recommended if you don't know what you're doing.

Crypto is dead, man. Go to school.

Assuming you are American?
College is a huge meme here, it will make you a debt slave. It's a much safer investment to go to a trade school instead.

The anti-college meme is way overplayed. Don't fall for it or you are likely to pay for it for the next several decades of your life. If you are worried about debt, just get a scholarship or go to a solid lost-cost state school. Or you can can even get your GEs at a community college and then transfer. The data still shows a huge gap between college-grad and non-college-grad earnings and, contrary to popular believe, that gap is growing. Go to school AND invest in crypto and you'll be in a good position.

It's a waste.
Don't go unless you want to do ROTC.

>1745, 1664 weekly median wage for 8-12 years of school/debt

why do people cuck them selves? i made that out of highschool and make way more now.

So there's shit from both sides. What the fuck do I do? I don't wanna be in debt nor do I wanna waste 4 fucking years of my life. Only benefit I can see in going is making friends or something.

Go to a cheap college faginator. Get a degree that will actually get you paid. Stop being a little bitch.

Go to a trade school. Normal college is a scam and you fuck yourself in debt for many years to come.

There is several benefits
makes connections
makes friends
gives you more credibility

if you're into computer stuff, and thats what you want to do, you definetly need it, if youre going for higher education such as MD or something, you get good money and good schedule later on in life

you dont need college to make money, you need a bit of intelligence and a drive, you cant be lazy
you can make 150k/year+ without a college degree just by putting in hours and effort.

College is an experience you dont wanna miss.
Wagecucking however is a waste of time.
I can make 50k gains in crypto in a few days which is equivalent to working salaries for a year how is that even fair.

this desu
so long as you arent afraid of working with your hands
a mobile welder for oil pipelines makes more money than a doctor working in an emergency room

that should be your first sign that you are in a tulip frenzy.

exactly what im worried about
Okay, I'll take what you said into account.
I meant that I'd wagecuck to get money to put it into crypto. ATM I don't really have shit. And exactly, making continuous gains like that with crypto is making it.

Listen asshat,

College is what you make of it. It is REQUIRED if you want to be in a good $ making position for the STEM field, like Doctor/Engineer/Chemist and such.

Other than that, it's a place of networking. I've made a lot of good contacts in college already to the point where I'm not too worried about finding work afterwards.

I don't know what country you're from, but I'm given 6 yrs of federal/state grants to pay for my schooling.

If you're not set on going to school, figure yourself out to see if you have the capability to LEARN and be DRIVEN to find out what you want to do and be good at it.
I have a few friends who didn't go to school and started their own business successfully, and I have A LOT of friends who didn't go to school and are literally wagecucking min. wage or slightly higher which equally doesn't get you anywhere.

College is always a GOOD answer and never a bad one.
Not going isn't always a good answer, but not always a bad one.

>College is always a GOOD answer and never a bad one.

Il take west african gender studies for my art degree

College is STEM or you're wasting your time/money
Trade school is good for making money and not wasting time

not going to some sort of training is risky, true.

Okay fine then I'll go and get a STEM degree so I'll learn something and don't feel like I wasted my time

Don't go to college, take it from someone who listened to mommy and daddy. 4 years of suicide fuel.

just go to college when you get rich from crypto. i've seen old people attend undergraduate programs

You're echoing what I just said.

It is a good answer, and never a bad one.

While you're taking your faggot west african gender study courses, you have access to a huge amount of opportunity while in college through your departments which how networking works.

It sounds like you never used your college's resources or went to college to begin with.

example: My friend studied European History at fucking UCLA which sounds like a waste of time to even an educated person.

Through his career center he landed a Manager Claims position at AAA insurance right out of school. Starting at a salary of $75,000 while living his parents still at age 23

Really? So making an extra 5-10k a year justifies going 80-90k in debt? No thanks man. I will work a trade and make good money while all my friends struggle at desk jobs at Profit inc. making 15-20 an hour

he didnt need that degree for that job
thats the issue nowadays, college is a scam
also 75k/year isnt that much, but i bet his hours are nice.

You have to be somewhat passionate of what you want to learn in STEM.

My younger brother was literally bottom of the barrel in Highschool and found out he wanted to do CIS with an emphasis on security while in Junior College. He just finished his paid internship this past month as a Network Auditing manager and moving on to do another internship of the same position for Disney Corp in Burbank, CA.

He literally told me he has no idea what he would of wanted to do if computers didn't exist. You have to find something you're passionate about.

College is worth it if you go for the right reasons. It is worth it if you get a Comp Sci, STEM, Finance, or maybe law degree.

In the US is way too fucking expensive. (this shit needs to be fixed)

Waste as little as time as possible in an expensive school!! Go to a community college first/ Knock out your core classes then finish up at a university.

Of course he didn't need that degree for that job which REQUIRES experience, but it put him in front of the other 10(?) plebs who also applied and had nothing but a CPR certificate. He also had 0 experience in managing. He worked for the on-campus starbucks at UCLA.

And if you don't think 75k/yr starting while still single living with your parents and knowing nothing further than what's arms'length in front of you, then you are very delusional and desensitized from how much time you spend in front of the computer.

Stop fighting it.

>waste
Look at electrician and instrumentation apprenticeship programs. Where I live you can get paid to train and then sign on with a company and be making 30-50 an hour in no time. And its usually union with great benefits and retirement. Look into the trades, i.e. carpentry, welding, HVAC, plumbing, millwrights, and pipefitters. There jobs are ALWAYS in high demand and pay a great wage with no college.

i made 75k/year out of highschool and am doing about 130-150k /year now

but like i said, i bet he has nice hours, which i dont.

what the fuck that sounds great. I'll look into it

Great man.
And that's the difference, he's working a lot less harder than you and living comfortable for good pay.

He's glorified baby sitter making 75k.

Certain construction guys workers and mechanics can hit 75k with flag-rate pay, but at the expense of what? Their time, health, mental state.

Yeah no thanks.

Career?

transport and logistics

Does that mean truck driver or like resource planning

neither
truck driving was good, not anymore, that industry is going to die and be undercut by immigration, stay away.

>makes connections
I'm getting my engineering degree in 2 months where are my connections
>makes friends
I still have zero friends what the fuck
>gives you more credibility
oh, sure, I guess, maybe.

all in all fuck you you lying sack of shit

not my fault youre a fucking basement dwelling faggot, go talk to people

nah fuck you, college is a giant waste of time

You should do COMMUNITY COLLEGE first to get all the courses you can take there out of the way, then take the remaining courses for your major at a university (online courses preferably if the degree/transcript they issue doesn't differentiate between online courses and in person courses. ASU doesnt differentiate for example)

Good idea, but don't so this with a STEM major.

It's going to suck when you have ONLY upper div classes to do and can't put in an easy filler class like General Ed to make the full time load easy.

this is for people 25 and over
30 years ago not as many people went to college, now vast majority go

if op isn't particularly smart or have someone else paying for their degree they shouldn't go into debt for it, at least become self sufficent and then save up some money, start doing a couple classes at a cc

tuition prices are massively inflated. dont go for anything but STEM, law, medical. trade schools are cheap and good though