Does Gastric Bypass surgery actually reduce people's hunger?

Other urls found in this thread:

askavantgarde.tumblr.com/post/38216477811/sex-all-the-ponies-guest-starring-leostar-its-a
nature.com/nature/journal/v509/n7499/full/nature13135.html
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/oby.21400/abstract
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1038/oby.2009.102/abstract
dmm.biologists.org/content/6/2/443.short
academic.oup.com/endo/article-lookup/doi/10.1210/en.2012-2069
cell.com/cell/abstract/S0092-8674(08)01008-8
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22696033
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/dom.12043/abstract
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Have your stomach cut out
>Feeling hungry

choose uno my friendo

based boogie is gonna make it!!

Hunger is a sensation caused when the stomach is empty. Filling it stops production of ghrelin, the enzyme that causes hunger. Since a gastic bypass makes the stomach a lot smaller, it's easier to fill up and thus you don't feel as hungry.

No shit Sherlock

He probably meant to say appealing

No his body is just recovering from surgery.

Why is there no drug to suppress the production of ghrelin

The question was "Does Gastric Bypass surgery actually reduce people's hunger?" So obviously not no shit you fucking autistic moron.

I think you're thinking of a lap band, gastric bypass is totally different.

Theres like 7 different hunger hormones so that would be pretty ineffective.

nuke them all

Just remove your hypothalamus. You'll never be hungry again.

What the heck. So the food doesn't digest? Do they eventually sew it back together?

why do EC stacks suppress hunger so well? I can go on 200 calories a day if I dose appropriately

Temporarily, while your body recovers from the surgery. (typically a few months.)

Long term, however, they will gain their appetite and start overeating again. Over the course of a few years, they will stretch their stomach back out to its original size, thus defeating the point of the surgery.

As God-King Nowazardan has to point out in nearly every episode, you still need to learn how to eat correctly. The surgery alone won't magically fix your issues. It's just a tool that can help.

Essentially, ephedrine stimulates your sympathic nervous system and tricks your brain into thinking it has more important things to be doing than eating and being hungry.

I though hunger was when sugar levels in the blood went low.

Kek

I dunno man, it seems insane to me too. Imagine what his shits will look like when his food doesn't get broken down by stomach acid.

Reminder that boogie is literally a brony and has drawn OC of horses fucking each other on his tumblr
askavantgarde.tumblr.com/post/38216477811/sex-all-the-ponies-guest-starring-leostar-its-a

My mom lost 60kg after getting that sleeve surgery. Kept if for 5 years since. She's literally skinny now at 60 something after being fat since about 30. And this comes after decades of attempting diet and failing.

You can diss it all you want, but it solves the problem. I'm not saying there aren't far better ways, I'm saying fat people usually don't have the discipline and surgery just works. Many of them are like drug addicts, always relapsing.

Low blood sugar just kills your energy, makes you feel like you're gonna pass out and sleep.

You realize most of the "digestion" the stomach does is being a vat of acid that physically smushes food (granted this is grossly overly simplistic, there are enzymes in there that have various pharmacological interactions, but you get the idea)
The absorption of nutrients into the bloodstream occurs almost entirely in your intestines

Please, dont link that shit here.

>Hunger is a sensation caused when the stomach is empty.

No it's not. Hunger is related to insulin.

This is why people who do IF and Keto are able to go longer periods of time without feeling hungry.

I've been doing IF for about 5 months and it's amazing. I no longer feel hunger anymore, yet I'm able to eat even more than before, and in a smaller amount of time.

It's a bit more complex than that. Alterations in bile acid metabolism are the most implicated mechanism.

nature.com/nature/journal/v509/n7499/full/nature13135.html
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/oby.21400/abstract
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1038/oby.2009.102/abstract
dmm.biologists.org/content/6/2/443.short
academic.oup.com/endo/article-lookup/doi/10.1210/en.2012-2069
cell.com/cell/abstract/S0092-8674(08)01008-8
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22696033
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/dom.12043/abstract

That's the thing. It doesn't solve the problem, it solves the symptoms. The problem is lack of discipline and an addiction to food

He's probably not hungry because he's cocked full of morphine right now.

Wait until two weeks after you stop taking pain meds, then you can accurately say what your appetite is

>pain at the incision site and muscle surround it
>muscle surrounding it
>muscle

Even when I was a fat shit, I would never give up my ability to scoff an entire cake to myself just to be slim.

I haven't used that ability since, but if I ever meet boogie...

any proof that it was boogie?

Disgusting. Boogie deserves to be super obese.

You can stuff your face with food every once in a while and not be fat.

I agree with you. Sometimes I want to just fill my stomach up with junk and it feels great. Your body isn't designed to have a fucking tube slice through the middle of your digestive system

And you can still get a shit ton of calories from fats.

as long as dont surpass your TDEE then you are fine

Don't spread lies. The ED article claims the brony is 30 years old, it already contradicts with Boogie's age. Besides, why would Boogie waste his time drawing stuff that'll not get him sweet YouTube bucks?

What raises more questions is why there isn't an ED article directly about Boogie, but instead smeared together with this NSFW artist.