Eggs

why the fuck are you losers disregarding eggs?

I came here last week and some of you fucking idiots kept perpetuating this idea that eggs are unsafe for consumption because of their cholesterol and saturated fat content

I'm sure at least one idiot read that nonsense and is now dissuaded from eating eggs.

FUCK you, reveal yourselves you pathetic egg-less, godless fools

PIC DEFINITELY RELATED (BITCH)

Other urls found in this thread:

nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-and-arterial-function/
nutritionfacts.org/video/how-the-egg-board-designs-misleading-studies/
nutritionfacts.org/video/does-cholesterol-size-matter/
youtube.com/watch?v=guyQW6n3f6o
authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
authoritynutrition.com/saturated-fat-good-or-bad/
chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
breakingmuscle.com/healthy-eating/why-all
suppversity.blogspot.com/search?q=eggs
cspinet.org/eating-healthy/foods-avoid/big-fat-myths
youtube.com/watch?v=UecRn09mF5U
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/
thefreelibrary.com/The truth about trans: hydrogenated oils aren't guilty as charged.-a06482599
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

facts > your opinion

Did you just pick shit off your lawn and toss it next to your eggs?

>not eating greens

what are the facts exactly?

it's called having an herb garden bitch, try not being an uncultured fuck for once during your shitty, forgettable life

>eating greens with eggs that arent arugula and watercress

>being dogmatic about something as trivial as eating vegetables

>just finished a 5 egg sandwich

Very high in cholesterol

>m-muh cholesterol

You need that shit for testosterone faggots.

>using 'dogmatic' towards something as trivial as eggs

>eggs are trivial

haha bitch

forgive them, for they do not know what they're doing

... and?

cheers, mate

i swear if any proceeding posts have an air of anti-egg sentiment I'm gonna start cooking

Fuck that looks tastey

>egg meme

Not a significant source of anything other than selenium and cholesterol.

Illegal to advertise them as healthy, nutritious, or safe. FTC sued the National Commition on Egg Nutrition and won. Egg shills were making false health claims about eggs and denying risks and links to heart disease. Check the cartons- check the egg commercials- no fucking where can egg industries market eggs as safe or healthy.

Best you'll find is some shit tier blogger talking about how amazing they are. That blogger will be paraded around on network tv chat shows selling a new book because that's the one fucking loophole of it being illegal to promote eggs as healthy, nutritious, or safe. The egg shills reward these shit tier bloggers and networks that are "egg friendly" with money, by purchasing large sums of their goods- like newspapers and books- like paying them lots of money for speaking fees...etc.

one egg contains 213 mg of cholesterol when the ADA recommends no more than 300 per day. That means if you eat an egg- you can't eat any other animal products for the rest of the day without going over that upper limit.

Good luck with that, healthlet.

What is this picture even?

I would eat both but neither ecoli nor ample carbs are good for my body

>giving a shit about cholesterol

Never gonna make it

That's why your leydig cells make it. Why the fuck are you eating it?

>pro cholesterol shills

You brainlets aren't even trying anymore. Tell me more about industry funded cross sectional studies.

wow eggman btfo

I am a chronic egg consumer and this is causing me great internal conflict. Do I give up eggs now?

there are pros and cons to all foods which is why we eat a fucking variety of food and not just one food, but eggs are a great source of quality 10/10 "would consume again" protein

also omelets fucked with vegetables are the shit

Eggs aren't magic, they do have more micronutrients than that.

They have other micronutrients but they aren't very high in them.

a spoonful of spinach has more micronutrients than 9 eggs.

The choline and carnatine in eggs is linked to heart disease and cancer.

What else?

The only reason people hate eggs now is because stupid vegan fag documentaries like "what the health" come out and push their agenda on the meat industry. "blah blah meat causes cancer, blah blah blah dietary cholesterol is satan, blah this study shows red meat is linked to blah" the jews have been pushing this for a long time now. The biggest problem is retards don't understand the fundamental flaw, that correlation != causation... this is elementary grade tier shit that people forget about. So vegan fags will make the link that people who eat red meat for instance have an increase risk of X cancer without looking at other variables that come into play, like the fact that people who eat more meat are more likely to be obese, or whatever you get the idea. Dont buy into the bullshit, eggs are GOAT

But what if you wake up in a strange man's apartment and he gives you a bowl of eggs and tells you to eat all of them?

Wasn't there a study recently that ingested cholesterol for most people yields very little increase in your blood cholesterol levels? That people with high cholesterol have a genetic disposition for it? From my understanding, it indicated at most a very small increase in cholesterol based on intake that was basically statistically insignificant.

Totally willing to believe that this is some egg conspiracy if someone wants to shit all over the study.

It's more of a backlash against decades of propaganda put out by the egg industry in an attempt to confuse the public and policymakers about the harmful effects of eggs.

There are some studies that show small increases, and they're typically funded by the egg industry. You can design a study in a way where the increase in cholesterol is blunted. For example, since cholesterol absorption is limited at higher intakes and in people with diabetes, egg industry funded research tends to use subjects that either had high cholesterol intakes to start with, high blood cholesterol levels, or were insulin resistant.

Somehow, the egg industry spends hundreds of millions for over 30 years burying science, misleading the public, and getting sued for doing so and they're not the money grubbing jews? hmm really makes you think huh.

>muh correlation

Right, cross sectional studies done on cholesterol are the only studies eggs and animal agg will fund because it is impossible to show a link between cholesterol intake and heart disease- it's been known since the 70's that cross sectionals are useless when measuring something like cholesterol as it's impossible to show a link between dietary intake and pathology. When you have a high cholesterol and eat more cholesterol- it doesn't affect your serum cholesterol much. However, if you start from a point of low serum cholesterol and consume a diet high in cholesterol- your serum cholesterol sky rockets. Guess what happens when you throw in all these cases together and try to make sense of the data? A big fat nothing. And the egg and animal ag industry knows this and has known this for a long time which is why it's the only type of study they fund- except when they load upper limit cholesterol patients in their data sample to show that increasing their cholesterol doesn't do much.

Fortunately, we have metabolic ward experiments that can establish causation- they start with a control, take away cholesterol in diet and it drops in their blood, put the patients back on a high cholesterol diet and their cholesterol sky rockets again. you simply have zero fucking clue what you're talking about. The dangers of cholesterol are well established, and heart disease has been stopped and reversed by eliminating dietary cholesterol. Try again.

that pic is scientifically proven to induce test production

lol ur a bitch who can't handle hearty sources of fat and protein. I'm about to make a few eggs bc fuck u

go ahead and avoid consuming anything "linked" to cancer and disease and enjoy your stupid boring life... i bet ur bitch ass doesn't use creatine bc ur worried about hair loss

p.s. I eat spinach with my eggs bitch

is that a pic of ur wife?

no please don't man they're delicious I'm about to cook some

Last night I 007'd your hamburger sister?

Here's some videos showing how biased studies find conclusions like this

nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-and-arterial-function/
nutritionfacts.org/video/how-the-egg-board-designs-misleading-studies/
nutritionfacts.org/video/does-cholesterol-size-matter/

And a more in-depth video about also touches on peoples' unwillingness to accept criticism of eggs

youtube.com/watch?v=guyQW6n3f6o

This. The subjects were purposely selected because they had high starting cholesterol levels.

Think of it like pouring kool-aid powder into water. At some point the water becomes super saturated and the kool-aid powder starts piling up at the bottom of the cup. So your cup of water isn't going to absorb any more kool-aid no matter how much more kool-aid you add.

The same is true for dietary cholesterol in patients with high cholesterol- their blood isn't going to absorb any more cholesterol.

man I have to ask, what does your diet consist of or what philosophy do you follow? your own method or can you recommend some books?

>fruits and veg
>boring

Enjoy your limp dick and heart disease healthlet.

>he doesnt eat eggs

Sounds like the influx of vegan faggots that are shifting up the board. I guarantee anyone who is critiquing eggs is, in fact, a vegan faggot.

What did he mean by this?

>facts > your opinion
His opinion is backed up by facts
>what are the facts exactly?
>authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
>authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
>authoritynutrition.com/saturated-fat-good-or-bad/
>chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
>press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
>breakingmuscle.com/healthy-eating/why-all
>suppversity.blogspot.com/search?q=eggs
>Totally willing to believe that this is some egg conspiracy if someone wants to shit all over the study.
It's not
>It's more of a backlash against decades of propaganda put out by the egg industry in an attempt to confuse the public and policymakers about the harmful effects of eggs.
Sure, if you're a gullible idiot
>hmm really makes you think huh.
It makes me think you pulled that bullshit straight out of your ass
nutritionfacts is chock full of garbage pseudoscience and dietary memes
>This.
Nowhere near remotely close

>nutritionfacts is garbage psuedoscience
>links authoritynutrition and chriskresser

cspinet.org/eating-healthy/foods-avoid/big-fat-myths

ok listen up u bitches i just made eggs bc u all pissed me off so much and I think this pic speaks more to the merits of egg than any of your bullshit web urls

everyone still in denial can fucking die

True.

Are you vegan sweetie?

i cook it in a bunch of oil and butter

not pictured: the tears of all the crying wimps in this thread that can't handle fat in their diet

>I think this pic speaks more to the merits of egg than any of your bullshit web urls

In what way?

Dam i was just thinking howi haven't seen these pics in a while. Do you have a whole set you can dump?

youtube.com/watch?v=UecRn09mF5U

>Using butter instead of olive oil

Never gonna make it

>beef fat is good because it has stearic acid, which is neutral to blood cholesterol
>nevermind the other fatty acids it contains that raise cholesterol
>cspci recommends avoiding trans fats
>"they just simply lie"

Very convincing

If you're scientifically literate and don't have access to a medical library, you can simply google pubmed, click on the website and type in any subject and peruse a massive database of publications on nutrition. You can also set up notifications on certain topics you're interested in- for when new studies are published on that topic. That's what I do.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/

If you're not scientifically literate, or don't know how to interpret the results of a study and whether the methods used are apt (there's no shame in that)- you can find highly respected doctors that will interpret the literature so that you can understand it. Make sure you find M.D.s that cite their sources so you can read along with them or check to make sure they're not misinterpreting the data.

Do not google a topic, and then find a blog written by an acupuncturist or chiropractor, or someone with a b.f.a in contemporary dance. Don't listen to people who call themselves 'doctor' unless they state clearly that they have an M.D. that specialize in nutrition - all kinds of bullshit artists call themselves doctor with a doctorate in some irrelevant bullshit. There are even some doctors that are bullshitting their way through the science (mostly trying to sell you something you don't need) and you'll know because they don't clearly state their sources so that you can follow up- and they'll make a lot of shitty arguments situated in fallacious reasoning like appeals to nature and appeals anecdotes with a frequent fallacy of composition (part-whole fallacy usually a food will show benefits in a study but a supplement made from a particular ingredient won't have the same effect or any effect).

>lacking the reading comprehension to see that I use both

in this way, bitch

thefreelibrary.com/The truth about trans: hydrogenated oils aren't guilty as charged.-a06482599
>Although some human studies suggest that trans fats do raise blood cholesterol, most of these had serious flaws.
>COPYRIGHT 1988 Center for Science in the Public Interest

Thats right goy CSPI has your back!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

is this a joke?

nice gyno

that's right laugh at what u can't handle, esp now that it's properly rotated

>CSPCI then change their stance when more evidence comes in
>this is supposed to be a response to the article about saturated fat

ple tell me this is a joke

lmao I admire your efforts truly

tomorrow I will eat two eggs sunnyside up in your honor

That's a good introduction into analyzing studies and claims for veracity, but I'm asking if you yourself personally follow any "idealogies" in regards to diet, or if your diet is piece meal created by you based on reading these studies?

surely patterns do show up?

I'm talking macros, vitamins, vegetarian or lots of meat, what you ban completely, etc. What is your dietary philosophy in a nutshell so to speak? what do you adhere to yourself in determining what to eat?

I don't care what you eat, you fat fuck. I'm just telling you what happens when you eat that bullshit.

So long as you are not deluded into thinking eggs are good for you in any way we are fucking square.

Eggs are the best protein source you can buy, and are high in omega 3 and fats for strong gains
and they taste great!

>(((science-based))) recommendations so preemptive and shaky that they flip flop every few years

>confused and angered by scientific discussion about how a food he likes is bad for him
>grrr... grrrrrrr... GRRRRRRR
>I'LL SHOW THEM!
>feast your eyes on THIS MASS MONSTER HNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGG. EGGS ARE GOOD FUCK YOU GRAAAAAAAH
>posts pic of dyel holding a plate of eggs

Comedy gold

lol thx, and s/o to anyone who actually thinks I'm trying to impress Veeky Forums with my current physique... just trying to demonstrate that I'm not a some fat fuck

I just said I'm not a fat fuck bitch

That's what's so good about blind faith. You just pick what you want to be true and believe it forever no matter what. So much easier.

excuse me sir I can almost overhead press 135 lbs so why don't u fight me irl 1v1

>argument from ignorance

Bond cheeseburgered?

authority nutrition. Blog by bachelor degrees in shit programs. What the fuck are you putting into your brain you dumb cunt?

>chris kresser

A fucking acupuncturist is a good source of information about medical science? Are you fucking retarded?

>breakingmuscle

A fucking shill site run by fucking nobodies with zero qualifications to talk about medical studies. A fucking site so fucking stupid people have qualifications as high as "gymnastics". Holy fucking shit i have seen every fucking thing. every fucking thing. You maniac. It's not safe for you to fucking think for yourself.

>suppversity.blogspot

Oh god. There's nothing here at all. Did you drop out of middle school???? Why the fuck are you linking all this trash? Do you not know how to fucking read or reason critically?

>endocrine

The one study you do link is a cross sectional. Did you fucking read and understand it? Probably fucking not. Here. I did the work for you.

"With regard to practice, the inverse relationship between protein and SHBG suggests that in elderly men a high protein diet could increase bioavailable testosterone and mitigate the effects of the age-related decrease in that hormone. Intervention studies will be necessary to verify this."

Gee, I wonder.

>Did you fucking read and understand it?
>The one study you do link
>Do you not know how to fucking read or reason critically?
I do both just fine. You clearly do neither, then shitpost about how you don't

U THINK THIS IS A FUCKIN' JOKE BITCH

I'm trying to show u guys that u can get huge and jacked like me if u eat eggs

last night i pierced your sisters burger?

also want to note that none of you LOSERS have posted pics of yourselves so clearly I'm the winner here

*not some fat fuck

I eat wfpb. I don't count calories, or pay attention to macros. I have a few foods that I eat every day. I add new foods here and there for variety.. I stay away from added salt, sugar, and oil. That's about it. When I started off wfpb, I'd plug in what i ate in a day to nutrition calculator to make sure I was getting enough nutrients- then I got the hang of it and just started winging it after a couple of months. Was an easy switch after being a vegetarian (dairy as the only animal products I consumed) for 15 years.

Eggs are delicious.

Look at you covering up your gut you ugly fucking manlet. 5'4

You're not showing shit other than how you're advancing your atherosclerosis.

>All the anti egg shitters are shilling vegan alternatives.

hmmm... I wonder who could be behind this.

>Have protein
>Cheap
>Tasty
>Filling
>Easy and quick to cook
>Go well with a few other foods

They're great, and a staple food of mine. Often I'll eat 3-6 for either breakfast, or just an easy snack.

The people who ignore them are also probably the same type of person who'd eat just the egg whites because of some vague reasoning involving what's "healthy".

says the coward that won't post any pics

5'4"? manlet? covering up my gut? lol it's called sitting on the ground ya goober

>Y...you don't have to tell me what happened, but you do have to eat this

It haunts my dreams. Haven't seen it shared in a while though.

i seriously hope this is not you, because this guy's body is garbage

it's my beautiful garbage body bitch, where's yours?

okay thanks for confirming that this is a joke thread OP

also nice tits

damn do i really have tits? I guess I should start shaving the nipple hair then

This fucking thread.

Would like to know this too

Yeah, that pesky vague scientifically observed and studied reasoning. Enjoy your animal product industry funded brainwashing though.

I'm pretty sure you'd be fine by just eating the eggwhites.

Pierceburger'd?

"last night i bondburgered your sister"?