/fat/ - No Excuses Edition

Previous thread:
>Who is /fat/ for?
It's for /fat/bros who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions.

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage.
calculator.net/body-fat-calculator.html

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure.)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week.
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones.
myfitnesspal.com

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/5nbmA
skinnytaste.com/zucchini-lasagna/
mega.nz/#!0Q1EzKYS!_xCrio63rKm7589hCts9YsuhzF-6Gt1vSYrLZaVAEZQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

All my pants don't fit anymore. I'm now a 36x36. The numbers are even for once in my fucking life.

keto for 3 months then i went on a week long vacation with family.

ate 60 g of carbs via ice cream bars one day and a chick fil a sandwich on another. Was still in ketosis both days and im balls deep again after i return home. Can your body handle more carbs than internet says or did i slip out and in before measuring ketones because my body is adjusted to the diet? will eating 40-60 g carbs a day fuck me up?

You can probably eat around 50g a day and stay in ketosis. Now that you have been in it for 3 months. It also helps if you are active and workout

The meme answer is 50 carbs a day, but I don't know, everybody is different.

Also, how are you measuring being in ketosis. Keto stix stop working after you become adjusted to the diet. They're not a good way to tell. it's easy to tell you've been kicked out when you wake up feeling like shit, headaches etc.

oh shit, keto sticks dont work after being adjusted? i was using those to measure. Its been as dark as possible and i thought i was good. didnt get any headaches or mood problems though at all

Sticking to below 1300 calories and cutting out bread/gluten, dairy, and most processed foods and I'm finally losing a pound or two a week. Down to 185 from 195, trying to get down to 160 by the end of the year. I'll just be happy though if my old pants start to fit me again.

Do they work for intermittent fasting?

I'm doing really well on my diet, i've lost 25lbs this summer. My senior year at college (EE degree) starts soon and with all the stress i always fall off the horse.
Any ideas how I can stay with the diet even with a ton of stress from school?

>tfw summer dnp cycle

just got done with 10 days of 400mg
fucking hell, never again

if my scale is accurate then it's done some magic

Find other ways to deal with stress, like going for peaceful walks, meditation, listening to music, or jackin' it.

Ive heard about that stuff. Is it legal, I cant find anyplace that sells it. do I need to go to mexico.

Cope differently.
Use exercise, creativity, work, anything else. Eating is a common coping mechanism, don't fall into it again.
Different topic, bison meat, yay or nay? Better or worse than other meats?

Going to a BBQ this sunday, my first real test of willpower.

One of the first google results says it's been banned since 1936

Been on keto and IF for 2 weeks now

Seems I am losing fat and keeping lean mass without lifting.

Why the fuck would I ever eat carbs and be skinnyfat?

where can I subscribe to your nutrition blog

I'll keep you posted on /fat/

>same TDEE as a woman
have I made it?

There is no way you can tell that after just 2 weeks.

Manlets can't make it :/

It's literal poison. Avoid it.

I wanted to do keto but how are you supposed to stay below 30g carbs when a piece of bread is 12g and a carrot has 6g?
What vegetables/fruits should I be eating and avoiding?

The whole point is to avoid carbs, so not eating shit like bread.

1. You don't have to be under 30g,most people estimate 40/45g

2. Don't eat bread, obviously

3. Eat leafy green vegetables, a decent amount of protein, and lots of fats (be cared with nuts, as they are good for fat but also have carbs)

Keto is a meme diet. Don't fall for it.

Eat whole foods, no possessed junk, and count calories. I've lost 55lbs doing that and I garuntee it will help you too.

Right then. I guess this is the thread for me.
Let me start by saying that I've been thinking of making this post on Veeky Forums for probably, I'm not even kidding, a year and a half. I always came up with some excuse not to, something going on in the week, can't start now blah blah.

My diet is ass. Complete garbage. I work 2nd shift so I wake up at noon and toss bagel bites in the toaster oven because it's easy. Drink pop and eat chips with it. I pack the exact same lunch every day which is ham and cheese wraps with ketchup and ranch, and a banana. I get home and toss in a frozen jacks pizza or pick up taco bell. So you get the idea that pizza is most of my diet.
More than anything I think I do it because I don't want to waste time cooking and eating. It seems like if I come home and have to make something and sit down and eat it, it would take an hour and a half, round up to 2 hours. 2 whole fucking hours a day for shit I don't want to do.

I don't exercise in my house because I live with my folks and grandma. There's someone always sleeping or I'm at work. Mom sleeps during the days, dad sleeps at night and in the middle of the day if I'm not home then humans are doing human things. So I can't just make a lot of fucking noise in the basement.

What I want to know is. Is there some fucking green slime healthy drink, to be cliche, that I can drink instead of eating trash? I don't give a god damn if it tastes bad if I can just throw it in a blender and it takes 5 minutes. What I hate most are headaches and stomach aches. I hate being hungry and a lot of the time I feel like I eat just to stop that from happening. So I will drink that crap for lunch if it stops my hunger. I will drink it at work because that's when all I really need is something to stop the hunger and keep working (I don't mind my factory job).

I really don't want to cook plain fucking chicken for an hour each day and then spend 20 minutes eating it.

I'm on Keto, IF and Very low calorie diet. It's super easy with Keto, like tonight I'm going to have a one pound baked skinless chicken breast and steamed jalapenos. Don't eat bread, what are you doing, man?

Yes

Body Fuel

Soylent

Optifast

Learn how to cook, but you have options. Start walking for exercise, 10k steps a day.

I just googled that and it said some girl who drank vodka a week after taking it threw up blood and broke a rib and shit.

Why can't you dedicate some time everyday to improving yourself? What is taking up all of your time that is more important than taking a couple of hours to prep healthy meals? Invest in your future user and don't be a lazy fatass.

Stop being lazy and make actual food. It takes a lot less time than you think.If time is really that big of a deal you can make a weeks worth of meals in an hour and just freeze/reheat them through the week.

My breakfast is cottage cheese. I literally just grab the tub out of the fridge, scoop some into a bowl and I'm done. This shit isn't hard you are just used to it being piss easy

Because I am lazy and I lack discipline. My entire "day" is at night. Right now, until about 4-5am.
Maybe I'm getting the wrong idea of healthy food too. All I'm thinking in my head is plain chicken breast with herbs and spices. It takes so fucking long to cook and eat. I hate it. God damn it, all I want to do is play videogames or watch youtube.

Just started dieting

I always start my morning with an egg sandwich, haven't they started making bread out of those shirataki noodles or whatever yet?

I was going to keto and count calories and workout, I gained 30 pounds two or three years ago and haven't changed at all since.

So avoid squash and stick to leaves and peppers?

>want to do keto
>but I love noodles too much

If you are unwilling to put in effort, you will not make it.
You HAVE to be willing to put more effort in than just warming up pizza.
Buy a crock pot if you are ok with eating the same thing a lot. There are a ton of easy recipes.
There are a lot of meal replacement powders out there, they help me in a pinch.Cheap too (2.50$ a meal)

If nothing else, just go outside and fast walk for as long as it takes to get tired. But really diet is by far more important for /fat/ loss.

See those links at the top of this thread, use them. Download My Fitness Pal.
Good luck.

Me two days later

>Who is /fat/ for?
>It's for /fat/bros who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

This thread isn't for you then. Good luck with your life

Peppers have some carbs too, dawg.

Renember, you aren't zero carb, you are low carb. Just track what you eat and keep your carbs under 45g.

I'm
I work fulltime 11PM-7AM and don't own a car. I walk a mile to the bus stop and 3.5 miles home in the morning after work, I go to the gym 3 times a week, I spend about an hour and a half there. It takes me an hour to get there and back.

This shit isn't hard if you actually start doing it and stop coming up with shitty excuses for yourself.

your posture looks fucked, start lifting

OH fugg

God damn it.
Does anybody on this thread have recipe images or some shit?
Fucking cocksucker. Why do I have to hate vegetables?

Because you don't know how to cook vegetables

imgur.com/a/5nbmA

A lot of these are meant for people that are bulking.
Make sure to apply common sense

>freeze marinated chicken
> just defrost slap on a baking tray with some fresh cut brocolli and wala

I can make like 2 weeks of delicious, varied flavored meals and they always come out perfect, cheap as shit, nutritious as shit

Yeah I got into a boxing class and the instructor told me that was one of my main problems.

Sometimes I take some liberty on a diet and do things like skinnytaste.com/zucchini-lasagna/ you could probably substitute a lot of the recipes on the website with shirataki noodles.

>tfw my hyung is hung

Share marinade recipe?

Hyung?

Google my man, I just google a new recipe every week, make a tester and if its good, make a whole batch

I... I can call you oppa if you prefer... >

Doesn't rhyme

Is that a crime? I'll do my time...

Thank you, very very much.
All of you.
Let's hope I don't get too bogged down in the organization of this. Like grocery planning, meal planning, figuring out how to make an exercise sheet to keep track of progress. HOW to even do that, how to do it in a way that it's legible and efficient.

I only ask because most of the good tasting ones I find are rich in sodium.

Spreadsheet for meal plans and calories/nutrients, also exercise if you're going for it, just start with calories and worry about nutrients a week or two down the road for habits to establish themselves.
apps, some websites will help with meal planning too. Just adjust the recipe, calculate the calories, considering substitutions if you make any. iirc skinnytaste has a recipe for peanut soup that I wouldn't be able to finish by myself with a rectal tear, so adjust for both portion and an amount you'd be able to eat in a reasonable amount of time.

one of the things that I think is really essential to losing weight is learning how to be honest with yourself.

Do you really think that after all this time being a lazy fat fuck you'd stick to planning out all of this shit? Do what you know you can sustain and add onto it as you do better, you go to hard for a week and you are just going to drop it like you did the other times.

Track your calories, eat less than your tdee, try moving more. Start there worry about other shit later.

Fat fucks

You need to realize that videogames and YouTube will always be there even if you take a few hours off your day to improve your well-being, be it by cooking something that's not utter garbage for your health or by taking a stroll outside.

Even though it's very nice to indulge in games and cat videos to get by your grey days, your health is more important. They can wait and will wait for you, be it just a few hours, days or weeks. They will always be there. Your health will not.

Stop being a fat fuck. Get going. It will be worth it.

Good job user

Go crazy on the protein but stay away from carbs and you'll fill up quickly

that remark is damaging to my self esteem sir

>cut from 190 lbs to 150 at 5'9
>can see abs (slightly) when standing up
>gut is a horrible pudgy mess when sitting down

Will this go away if I reach 140? People keep telling me I look fine but then again they said that at 160 and 170. I don't want to rest until my belly is smooth.

God damn it you European fucks.
Now I need to look for shit in measures of 23 grams. Fucking faggots.
Use real actual human sized and thus useful measurements. 1 gram of something is worthless, an ounce is sizable and adjustable.

100g isn't sizeable and easily adjustable?

Do you realize how dumb you sound?

Why's it got to be 100? You can't tell the difference between 100 and 99.
You can tell the difference between 1 and 2 ounces.
Imperial is all about noticeable differences, you silly left driving fool.

maybe.
I'm 140@6'1 and it's the same deal
can see my top 2 abs if I tense, but nothing else

converting units isn't hard and isn't worth getting pissed about

pls learn to basic math

>All I'm thinking in my head is plain chicken breast with herbs and spices. It takes so fucking long to cook and eat.

Get a pressure cooker
Throw a bunch of pasta sauce or salsa or tomato paste or all of those things in it
Also some chicken breasts or thighs (uncut is fine)
Salt+pepper+spice+hot sauce+whatever shit
You should cut up some onions and peppers too (frozen chopped ones are too mushy)
Throw in some rice or quinoa to absorb water
Pressure cook it until the chicken is in bits, like 20 min
Stir it to break up the chicken a bit

There, you can make a week's worth of healthy, fairly tasty goop with zero effort in one pot. Its easy enough to work out the macros from the ingredients too.

I wouldn't serve it to anyone else but its great for myself when I'm cutting (which is eternally)

This is basically what I do, but with a rice cooker (they are essentially the same).

Last 2 have been chicken, lentils, and a shit load of curry spices, p damn good. Going to try with pasta sauce next time.

Are you a woman? If not you shouldnt cut below 150 unless you want to be a skellington. Fix your posture and exercise. If you are so fixated on abs then do stomach vacuums and planks.

not eaten for close to 32 hours due to messed up sleep
kinda enjoying my hunger, like I don't wanna ruin it
breakfast sounds amazing though

>chicken breast
>takes so fucking long to cook and eat
I wot mate? Just take 2 minutes to cut that shit into smaller bits, throw it in a pan and it's done in less than 10 minutes total. You're not just lazy, you're also either pretty dumb or totally uninformed.

good thing you're here then

Serious question here. I can live on basic fruits veggies and chicken but is there anything else I should do? I'm trying to cut carbs and sugar because that seems like the proper path.

Is the meme of squats and oats based on reality somewhere?

Are personal trainers worth it too?

>this was 15lbs ago
how time flies eh?
that pizza was shitty and expensive if I recall

IS MUH CHEET DAY

read the sticky and then read this front to back

mega.nz/#!0Q1EzKYS!_xCrio63rKm7589hCts9YsuhzF-6Gt1vSYrLZaVAEZQ

Most personal trainers aren't worth it.

I'm a real big broke nigga. How do I eat healthy when I'm living off $0.89 microwavable meals?

lentils, rice, dry beans

I know , right? I sure showed him for making uninformed posts on a russian vodka-distillation forum.

For that matter: have you confessed your dietary sins today?

>you should just leave fat on your body because of arbitrary numbers
If you're a skeleton, you're a skeleton. Keeping some extra bodyfat is pointless. Just start bulking once you've gotten to a low bodyfat.

I BEEN DOON GUD SO IMA ORDER CHUHNEES

>how do i lose weight when i'm broke
i know that's not exactly what you asked but i think that's what you meant, and come on dude

That is exactly what I meant. I am very dumb you see. Anyways I'll go through the dry beans,rice, and lintels.

Btw thank you.

140@6'1? Shit man you're almost underweight BMI. Can I get a cbt to see what that looks like? I'm cutting whilst 170@6'3 and I don't know how much more I need to cut before I see abs. Already looking kinda skelly at this weight.

sure
unsee
.cc/pesituna/
I never set a number as a goal weight, I was just going to lose until I was happy
bad idea I suppose

While i'm absolutely not an expert, i don't think cutting carbs is the magic bullet people make it out to be. Just removing added sugars is what does the trick for me, since most of the shitty food has added sugars in it. Those also tend to be the calorically denser (and always processed) types of food, so it's 2 birds with 1 stone.
Then again i could also be completely wrong amd just happen to count my calories well enough to stay at a deficit ...

IF, with one meal a day and use what little money you saved by skipping meals to get one "proper" meal. Or al least one less shit meal.

Regular and roasted bread have the same amount of calories, right?

personal trainers are just time savers for rich/lazy people

calories is energy
heat is energy

if you heat things they gain the energy from the heat in the form of calories.

Yeah but is it an insignificant difference?

>if you heat things they gain the energy from the heat in the form of calories

it takes 1 calorie to increase 1 ml of water by 1 degree

How many calories do you think it would take to raise bread from room temp to being hot enough that it toasts??

Whats your experience with keto? Thought about doing it too.

I'm a retard but I'm gonna guess a lot?

I swear pizza and beer is the fastest way to get fat.

'Heat' isn't what matters, its the structure of the food. Raw vegetables are tough and fibrous and the body has to do work to extract calories, cooked vegetables have that work already done. Same general thing for meat, though I believe there's more of a favourable chemical change too.

I don't have numbers, but thats the general idea of those 'raw' diets - you continuously fill up on a mountain of fibrous vegetables and you extract not a lot of calories from them in the end.