Can you sit comfortably in a flat footed resting squat, the way a real human being is biologically designed to rest...

Can you sit comfortably in a flat footed resting squat, the way a real human being is biologically designed to rest, or has your mobility been taken away by a lifetime of chairs and a total lack of stretching?

Other urls found in this thread:

bretcontreras.com/transcribed-interview-with-stu-mcgill/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I can do that with no issues at all, however i can barely hit parallell due to my hips.

>tfw you got the deep hip socket gene.

I pretty sure ancient humans just sat on the ground or found a big rock to sit on when they wanted to rest

I must have that too because I'm the same way.

It could be inflexibility, but you know its deep hip sockets when you hit parallell and almost feel the hip bone hitting your femur. To the point were you can get bruised. Long femurs also suck balls.

getting there, a park nearby has hills that i use for the incline

I cant touch my toes or pass the vertical hamstring test and this is still easy.

I can but thats not comfortable. Dont act like people didnt sit down before modern times fag

this has more to do with genetics/bone structure than anything else and it's not in any way admirable or desirable.

the idea that all people can sit comfortably in a flat footed resting squat is a myth

bretcontreras.com/transcribed-interview-with-stu-mcgill/

it depends on hip socket geometry

honestly this is hilarious

"these few people display a certain behavior, must mean its obviously something we all must be able to do"

I can do it and do it every time I brush my time as a morning and night stretch but it can be harder for people with longer legs

this is literally how i sit when im on my computer for along period of time

i like to switch it up just to keep my legs active.

what's your build like

i pretty much sit in that position all day

when i'm not squatting i'm usually siting in seiza

Nope. I'm 5ft so have short legs, have flat feet so very tight through the back of the leg and have thick thighs (hamstrings bulge out quite a bit behind my knees to the point they hit chairs before my ass does, resulting in horrible cramps). I used to do ballet so retain stretching habits and do not have a sedentary lifestyle (am on my feet 60 hours a week) but would have to force my heels to meet my ass.

Somewhat related question

I have always been able to do full butterfly stretches with the leg all the way to the ground. I never felt a stretch while doing it. Is this normal?

How close are your feet to your crotch?
If your feet are close then you're probably just naturally flexible, and built to be naturally better at that stretch. It's no issue though.
If you want to stretch those muscles and can't find the stretch from that pose, there's many other stretches out there to do.

I can touch my groin with my heels

you flexible fucker, impressive.
Nah, that's not normal if you've never done the stretch before. If you've done sports and did OTHER stretches though, it would make sense how you're so flexible in this pose.
Otherwise, you're probably just lucky to have long hip flexors.
Do you ever do the sitting splits stretch? It's my favourite stretch for the same muscle groups.
Look it up, try it out. See how flexible you are in that stretch as well.
Not tryna force you or anything but if you're naturally flexible in the butterfly stretch you'd probably be super flexible in the seated splits. Would be interested to see how the two go hand in hand!

I used to be able to do the splits when I was younger but not anymore. Just tried the sitting split stretch and it kicked my ass. Gonna keep on that from now on to get better at it.

I've always been able to do the butterfly stretch fully no problem. I don't feel anything when I do it. But as soon as I extend my feet out, oh boy.

Cheers mate

Only fucking primates squat like that.

>Can you sit comfortably in a flat footed resting squat?
>or has your mobility been taken away by a lifetime of chairs and a total lack of stretching?

The latter. I keep saying I'm going to fix my mobility/flexibility issues, but it never happens. If I spent half the time I spend on Veeky Forums working on mobility I'd be limber as fuck by now.

i can do it but my knees cant track forward enough to make it comfortable/effortless; seems like it never gets better

Same. Though hamstrings flexibility have little to do with being able to get into the position of a ATG squat

How does it feel like being inferior to the superior Slav? No amount of "Life of Boris" will ever make you true Slav

I've been practising for about 2 weeks to do this and I still can't.... almost there tho my heals are only like 2 cm off the ground

Never felt comfortable squatting with feet aligned to each other. But when I tried to squat with feet at 90 degrees it feels so natural and stable. Spasibo mama and papa for based slavic genes.

I can do it. Not super comfy, but not as bad as I thought. It would never naturally occur to me to squat like that though.

I can do it fine, and yet last time I filmed a squat session I had major butt wink. I dun geddit

humans evolved to stand up on their two feet and are best from this position. squatting down is a suboptimal resting position nothing more.

I've always been able to do it perfectly. Not surprising considering three of my grandparents are slav

Yes, as a Slav we're born with perfect squatting forms.

does all peoples of the earth squat, except for USA, where it is considered something unusual?

As an Australian we developed perfect form squats in order to take shits in the bush while being hunted by snakes and dingos.