People who only do dumbell bench GTFIH

What's it like being truly enlightened, anons?

>db bench builds the chest better than bb bench
>strengthens stabilizers
>destroys imbalances that bb bench couldn't
>less chance of shoulder impingement due to more ROM and more freedom on where you can move the weights

If you're not a powerlifter, or are lifting for aesthetics, bb bench is USELESS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J6EV0v8eZJ0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>>destroys imbalances that bb bench couldn't

Please tell me this is bait. I can't believe someone is actually this fucking dumb

>not knowing that most people typically have a dominant side which is slightly stronger than their non dominant side
>this side compensates slightly by doing a bit more work than the weaker side, causing a positive feedback loop of weakness

Don't post here until you've at least lifted for 3 years, DYEL.

I'd start doing these instead of bb bench for the extra ROM, but I don't want to deal with 110lb+ dumbbells in each hand. It seems way to easy to hurt yourself and difficult to get into a good starting position

just lift lighter

it's difficult to get into a good position because ur stabilizers weak

DB Bench fucks up my shoulder everytime, what am i doing wrong

If I lift lighter then I'm not getting a sufficient workout, and my stabilizers are fine, it s just that tossing heavy dumbbells around while trying to lay back and then get back up adds a significant and inefficient workload to the lift

Squeeze your shoulderblades together and tuck your elbows

sup boyos, here is top tier db bench set up routine:
>get dbs from rack and on to your bench
>when ready to go, lift both and sit down so that the dbs are sitting in your lap
>lie back, dbs should automatically fall into perfect position
>when done, drop dbs to either side of you
>lift them back on to bench then rest for next set
>repeat

beautiful, don't be a chode that damages their back trying to do a sit up holding 90lbs dbs

>Dyels trying to complicate training more than necessary, thinking they are professional bodybuilders.

If your chest is not growing from bench press, then your form is wack and/or you're not eating enough. Even low rep bench press gives me a huge chest pump.

fuck off idiot

Fat wannabe powershitter detected

I saw someone snap their peck using dumbbell bench press. Fuck that shit barbell all the way mofo

pray explain

I have an agreement at my gym that I don't do bb bench as i train alone without a spotter but am allowed to do db press. Personally much prefer db press as you can go deeper and really stretch the chest and also i find it easier to focus on the pecs when lifting this way

I'm actually training for aesthetics. I use bench press as my strength builder at the start of my chest workout. It never fails to give me a good pump. I can really feel my chest working.

>tfw gym has a no singles policy

I can do 205 5x5 on bb incline but only 85s on db incline, so I guess bb for strength and db for a pump and more stabilizer incorporation

>It seems way to easy to hurt yourself and difficult to get into a good starting position

Just suspend the dumbbells from your cage using cord bro. Get their height right and you can just get into position and go go go.

i can't go anywhere near as heavy so i just do light db bench to warm up for bb bp.

Is it good to do BB bench for strenght and db bench for hypertrophy?

Yes. That's what I do. Make sure to do your inclines too.

>removing pretty much all the tricep and shoulder work in the movement makes you feel it in your chest more

rly makes me think

dis nigga needs a chopper to air drop his dumbbels lmao

>he benches to train his shoulders

I do incline bb bench for hypertrophy, it has been giving me good results, but is incline db bench better?

You stand in front of the bench shrug/clean the bells to your shoulders, sit down, lean back and you're good to go.

youtube.com/watch?v=J6EV0v8eZJ0

wrong, refer to or

I prefer db, but incline anything is good. Flat bb is a meme though