When is it acceptable to use a belt for squat?

When is it acceptable to use a belt for squat?

When it is acceptable to use a belt for deadlift?

As in, how much weight.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wh-ikyBAQr8
youtu.be/SR1nE8pZxFI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

350 lb

whenever you want. use it for heaviest sets so you have better form. belt is just better bracing nothing more nothing less

so diddlying with 300lbs for reps is unacceptable? lmao

never

youtube.com/watch?v=wh-ikyBAQr8

whenever you want, it's just a meme unless you are competing

just make sure that if you don't use it you are not bending you back like a retard

is this achievable natty in 6 months?

if you're not deadlifting at least 450kg in 3 months of training something's wrong

this. I deadlifted ~550 kg during my first 6 months

Er... sometimes...

youtu.be/SR1nE8pZxFI

Did you even go to the gym in this time? I hit 700kg in my first month.

No this is about using a belt, retard

is this counting the bar?

no. I use a 200kg bar

>Counting the bar
Even if it's 300kg, you never count the bar.

No meme answer: from the start if you want.

Belt allows your abs to contract harder, it doesn't baby them.

Harder contraction = more stable spine and strong abs. These two things make your lifts go up.

~3 plates

>use device to assist your abs, making their work easier
>it will make your abs stronger bro
Found the 2 digit IQ

My grip is so strong I actually compress the air, that's surrounding the plates, until it's solid and I lift them like that

You should build a good core before you use it.

For me personally, I only use it if squatting over 3 plates or deadlifting over 4 plates, but those are relatively high for me.

>Airbender
I make my own weights and bar from the earth, faggot.

For squats, I use a belt for any weight (bar + plates) above my own body's weight. I'm mid-30s and been lifting less than two years, and I want to save my back. Fuck powerlifting PRs, I only want to be a good-looking old dude.

My dad's cousin works for spacex and I get grade-a plates from mars

When they've hooked up sensors to core muscles they actually activate more when using a belt.

Regardless, you should be training abs and obliques directly which does more for them than squats or deads belted or not.

I tend to use belt + trap bar for high rep sets. Even solid lifters will begin to fatigue on heavy high rep sets and it's just not worth the injury risk to do beltless 20 rep deads over three pl8 imo.

I'm sorry breh but if you use a belt to save your back that's the first thing that' you're gonna waste

When you are lifting your 90% or more of your 1RM
Dont get too reliant.

When you need it

There's no fucking standard to using it, it just helps your core to brace against it.

>it's just a meme unless you are competing

How is it a meme? that doesn't even make sense.