strongerbyscience.com/should-you-deadlift-conventional-or-sumo/
youtube.com/watch?v=Sxw6xJho8es
youtu.be/oiDczs9j75E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Purely a meme, never seen a single strong guy at my gym do them

Sumo

what the fuck does that even mean

Op here, i meant to ask about Sumo but forgot to type it

there are skinny faggots pulling 600 just because they have obscenely disproportionate lumbar erectors, a muscle that fucking nobody will ever see anyway
>still doing spinesnaps
>2017
fucking LMAO
enjoy your hernias homos

The standard deadlift is a meme if you will never compete in powerlifting.

That said - You should be doing DEFICIT deadlifts, or Romanian Deadlifts, as these will be amazing for building the hamstrings and glutes in particular.

Think about it like this - the deficit deadlift is like the incline bench, it's more specific to the muscle you're targeting, where as a standard dead-lift and flat bench is less specific and more full body movement.

it's a deceptively technical lift which can lead to serious back injuries if rushed or done wrong

You should do deadlifts if you want to be healthy and have grip strength.
They're also good for forearms and ok for traps and general back I guess. I don't know.

>lumbar erectors are the main muscle group used during deadlifts

Deadlifts are one of the least technical lifts though. Everything for it is insanely simple, especially conventional deadlifts

I mean I guess you could replace them with back extensions and rack pulls, but why do two exercises instead of one?

please enjoy strongerbyscience.com/should-you-deadlift-conventional-or-sumo/

(i pull sumo because i'm a cyclist with poor hamstring flexibility and don't want to be taxing my lower back too much)

youtube.com/watch?v=Sxw6xJho8es
this is maxx chewning
skinny dyel faggot with chicken legs and no upper body who somehow deadlifts 600lbs
look at 1:22 and you'll understand why you fat fuck

because all "strong" guys at your gym just have muscles for show

pretty sure any 17 yo kid from powerlifting gym could outlift them

Deadlifts are primarily hamstrings and glutes. Your spinal erectors should not overly sore because that means you're not using your hips properly.

you fucking brainlet...
the spine is the weak link during a deadlift
the legs are strong as shit, it's the lumbar erectors that have to work overtime to keep the spine neutral

he weighs easily 80 or 90 kilos its not that insane
I pulled 200 for a double yesterday at 77 and im literally somre random retard and dont have a youtube account

you're the brainlet here lmao

Thanks

>spinesnaps

serious question. whats the difference between Romania deads and conventional for rep? higher rep range only?

romanian deadlifts keep constant tension on hamstrings

>just have muscles for show

But that's also what I want, so should I stop doing deadlifts?

Yes stop doing deadlifts and start doing steroids.

>not wanting to be both big and strong
conventional deadlifts are fine if you maintain proper form (if: a lot of people can't get into the starting position for the deadlift). sumo deadlifts are safer still. there are obviously alternative exercises (glute-ham raises, hamstring curls, hyperextensions, etc.) that'll hit the muscles hit by the deadlift, but the deadlift's a pretty efficient way of hitting a lot of muscles at once

It's too hard to get steroids, plus I don't want to fuck up my body.

I was mostly joking with A E S T H E T I C S, my grip on my DL just sucks ass at the weight I'm at and I keep fucking up my hands. I wanted alternatives before delving into glove territory, but if I'd have to do like 3 more exercises just to get the benefit of DLs then I'll just buy the fucking gloves like a bitch.

there's no shame in using straps when the weight gets too heavy (unless you're competing). you'll only be depriving yourself of grip and forearm gains. (you can get some of that back by doing static holds on the last warm-up set that you can handle with a double overhand grip.) personally, i'd rather use straps than switch to mixed grip

don't use gloves. don't be that guy. chad will throw you into a locker. if you're fucking your hands up by tearing callouses, buy a pumice stone and file down the callouses

>It's too hard to get steroids

reddit.com/r/steroidsourcetalk

>Thinking having a strong lower back is a gimmick
Shiggy

>somehow
its called having very long arms

>somehow
sumo and having very long arms, its that easy

I'm 5'9 with a 6'2 wingspan and I pulled 180kg the first day in the gym. Granted I was active though but never weights just pushups and pullups

Thanks, I'll take your advice and pick up some straps. I really can't afford to lose forearm gains, though. Guess I'll add in wrist curls or something.

wrist curls are a bit crap. farmer's walks (ideally with dedicated handles or a trap bar) and reverse curls on a preacher bench (to make it harder to cheat) are, i think, better exercises. both also have the added benefit of working other muscles at the same time

No value from a looks or health standpoint.

Perhaps for athleticism and obviously if you will compete in it.

If you sperger turbotards don't want to do deadlifts, don't do them. Why are you so insecure you need others to echo your thoughts in order for you to be comfortable with your decision?

Deadlifts are one of the best lifts possible for your strength. Don't want to do them? Don't. Nobody cares if you do them or not. But don't do that pussy fox and the grapes bullshit.

they'd rather spend time thinking about min-maxing than lifting

romanian deadlifts are useful for glutes, IMO

but I think deadlifts in general are overrated yeah

this lmao.

it's like a cope that everytime some faggot realizes he's too weak/lazy to train strength he makes a "Lol why are powerlifters so fat and retarded? I only lift to look good not impress gay men lol" thread

anyone else getting butt tingled by the way he talks and moves

jesus fuck what a fag

My deadlift setup, when done correctly (going by Rippetoe's setup) leaves me with my back almost parallel to the ground such that I get almost no leg drive while doing conventional. I've checked both with video and with consulting fellow powerlifters in my gym and they all agree that my setup and form are correct, so it seems like my proportions force me into pseudo stiff leg deadlifts.

Is there a different way to setup for conventional or would I benefit from switching to sumo?

try sumo and see how it goes for you.

A lot of people literally report switching was like night and day for them, might be for you.

had same exact issue

doing sumo as in this vid
youtu.be/oiDczs9j75E
helped me a fuckton

How do you know they're strong if you've never seen them deadlift?

Symmetric strength tells me anything under 4pl8 deadlift is meme tier but 2pl8 squat is alpha. Explain this shit