Is it worth doing deadlifts and squats with big weights if you're not a powerlifter...

Is it worth doing deadlifts and squats with big weights if you're not a powerlifter? I used to do 3x5 with big ass weights (4me) but now I'm considering switching to 4x10-12 with small weights for squats and dl

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yLR9rfuE6Sg&t=755s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There is no benefit, 10-12 range is better for your joints so go ahead.

no difference in hypertrophy for doing higher rep ranges, just decreased chance of injury.

I say if you develop a good foundation, 2-3 plate squat, 3-4 plate deadlift, go for it.

>no difference in hypertrophy for doing higher rep ranges
i disagree

Heavier weights are moer fun

>STR v DEX

You don't HAVE to do anything. Just do what you want.

isnt low reps big weights = strenght and high reps low weights = muscle?

No. The only thing that really matters (for natties) is time under tension and volume.

hypertrophy is a meme
you don't have to lift AT ALL and you will get bigger muscles if you just do some bodyweight exercises. this will reduce your injury chance to near zero. don't believe me? try it
strength doesn't come from the bones retard. both are muscle but high reps low weight is the "hypertrophy" meme and low reps high weight is the strength meme. both of them are likely to get you injured (see ronnie coleman, who never lifted heavy, hence the term "lightweight baby"). if you have the genetics (and the gear) for it, just do bodyweight and you'll get huge

left
>meat eater AKA human

right
>vegan AKA sentient soy

>just do bodyweight and you'll get huge
t. DYEL

no, the same goes for every lift really. besides, you still build strength with higher reps, it just doesn't ruin your joints

Yes, to make optimal gains, both hypertrophy and strength you should train in all rep ranges.

>Don't get yourself killed, neither of us want to see you go hollow

"worth doing"
They are just regular exercises dude.. They are fun to do, great for your overall strength and posture. They will give you hypertrophy in your legs. Just fucking get your compound lifts up beyond the newbie phase of linear gains man. Its not hard, its not even dangerous, its not even scary. You don't need to push the lifts up to the range where they start really wearing on your joints and start wrecking your body and testing your absolute limits like some elite powerlifter.

Yeah they are "worth doing" you fucking pussy.

>(see ronnie coleman, who never lifted heavy, hence the term "lightweight baby")
kek'd.

Working all rep ranges (low-mid-high) is beneficial for growth as you utilize all energy systems of the muscle.

But hey, good making gains on 8-12 reps for life.

>Is it worth doing the two best power lifting compounds for legs for power lifting
This is b8

>I used to do 3x5 with big ass weights (4me) but now I'm considering switching to 4x10-12 with small weights for squats and dl
That's your choice and depends on what your goals are- what the fuck kind of answer are you expecting from this?

Left
>100% neanderthal

Right
>100% homo sapien

Grip strength and forearms

>train all rep ranges
Kek I don't agree with these anons. Go hard on sets up to 5 reps on something like deadlift where it's total body involvement and maybe CNS stress, 8 or so max on squats.

Why would you even do that many reps on squat or DL? That would take forever and be incredibly unpleasant

>why even

Utilizing the different energy systems of your muscle gives a more complete stimulus for growth.

So working trough the different TUT's in your schedule can help with that.

youtube.com/watch?v=yLR9rfuE6Sg&t=755s
Just skip the vid and look at the board for the info.

But that depends on the exercises you do.
Say if you OHP, you can do 3x5, as assistance lift Dumbbell Shoulder Press 3x10 and as assesoiry Facepulls 4x20. That's pretty much how you should do diverse rep ranges.

IRL, Dex dominant builds are better than str dominant builds in the long term fyi. Still good to have both though.

I meant to ask if these two exercises are beneficial if you dont care about strenght