What are the benefits and downsides to working out nearly 24/7 for one month. I don't mean nonstop every day...

What are the benefits and downsides to working out nearly 24/7 for one month. I don't mean nonstop every day, but with breaks in between workouts to rest and eat.

Better way of explaining it is:

2-3 hour workout
1-2 hour of rest
Repeat.

I've got reasons for asking.

1 month is not enough
do it for 1 year instead

More on pic ?

Asking if there are positives or negatives.
Better way of explaining it.

Say you were to stay in a gym for 1 month straight. No going home or leaving. If you were to take each day and spend it working out from morning until night , with proper breaks in between workouts, would it be harmful or OK to do.

Sure. White rabbit.

Thanks
Simply if you want to weightlift then itll be physically impossible unless you do some crazy amount of roids. Considering youre a beginner look into the Veeky Forums sticky and make fitness a lifestyle choice

Is that even possible w/ roids?

Kys

Unless you are a high level athlete you'd probably just fuck up your joints.

Your welcome.
Not a beginner. I did use to play rugby and workout a few hours a day to keep in shape, but I stopped for work. Family owns a boxing gym and I've been training there for a few months to get back into shape. Should have mentioned that. They have weights and bags, and a few other things like a treadmill. I live in a small town in the middle of nowhere so no actual gym to go to.

I'm actually curious to see what the results would be with just the bare minimum that I have around me.

Your cortisol levels would be through the roof.
Your adrenals would be overloaded from insufficient rest, and no, resting a couple of hours between workouts isn't enough.
You'd more than likely end up getting sick, as your immune system would be compromised by the elevated cortisol, noradrenaline, and other stress hormones.

There's a good reason for having rest days and not training like a dumb cunt.

You'd likely exceed your maximum recoverable volume (MRV) and your performance would decrease, not even talking about possible injuries. You'd feel like shit and make no gains, fatigue would get you on day 2 with that routine of yours.

But it's possible to workout even twice a day everyday, look into Bulgarian Method for more info, Bulgarian Manual by Greg Nuckols is a pretty good resource.

Some military training camps use this method. US Marine Corps recruit depot training schedules generally have recruits constantly under stress, some form of exercise and constant screaming. It's accepted that this places a huge amount of pressure on the individual to perform under threat of literally staying in (for up to 2 years) until they complete the 13 week training course. Yet recruits come out generally far better than your average Joe would under the same program but with the option to leave at any time.
A constant training schedule as you suggest would probably only be beneficial if you had consequences for quitting as such.
Many recruits go from average to having under 10% bodyfat with the ability to run 4-5 miles and carry heavy loads consistently in as early as 3-4 weeks. It's hard, but the mind is a powerful thing once you can learn to use it to overcome what your body wants to do(quit).

>weirdestboner.jpg

For thousands of years this was everyday life.

I don't think they consistently went above 70% 1RM as in training.

Actual Bulgarian methods of weightlifting is basically lifting at 90% multiple times a day.
Eh, would only recommend if you intermediate and you know what you are doing

depends what you are working on.
if you are doing a laundry list of pump and fluff excersises everyday yo wont get anywhere unless youre on gear.
if you are doing bulgarian and work on certain lifts and you are eating you will get gainz.

>90% multiple times a day

What is volume. He's talking about hours a day repeatedly, you can't maintain that at a high 1rm percentage.

Learn to read, user. 90% on WL isn't as a much as you would think, WL is submaximal strength sport. But that dude metal 'n' iron channel does it pretty much, at least used to do. Basically he create his own version to Bulgarian, which is pretty much what OP is suggesting. For non-WL lifts I agree is harder, but guy that did it. As I said if OP doesn't know what he is doing I don't recommend it.

Piana talked once about old bodybuilders who worked out twice a day every day who just went home, ate and slept between every work out.

as long as you are eating and sleeping enough, it's fine. you would have to give up your job and maybe even social life and hobbies to be able to sleep 16 hours minimum...