Spend every night alone

>spend every night alone
>no friends
>co-workers always have a party or cottage to go to on weekends, while I'm alone at home
what should i do with my time instead Veeky Forums? i already workout

if i had someone to do things with, it might be easier
how do i get friends? how do i make my life exciting/interesting when I'm alone all the time

read books
watch movies
play vidya
listen to music

crypto

Stop downloading Japanese girls and read books or find an interesting hobby.

i do all of those, but i do them indoors still, while alone

Then talk to people about it you dork

fpbp

but it's not as exciting as other people's stories

one of my coworkers who is popular always has a friend who has an extra ticket to a sports game or concert, and has a story about that

while my story would be, i read a book this weekend, or sat at home and played vidya

I took a class offered by my City to learn a language. Met people.
Don't act too desperate, it can turn people off.
Other places to meet people include joining a sport like b ball or soccer.
Hell my local game store offers DND random encounters once a week.
Go to any of these, meet people. If after a few meetings you get along well, ask if they want to grab a beer or coffee or something after.
Eventually say you want to practice the language outside of class/practice a pass of the soccer ball/ play MTG and invite them to try it some time.
If they decline and don't offer another time don't act wierd or try to force it, move to another person.

>read books
outdated format of information. add some pictures or just stop making stuff you hacks.
>watch movies
already do
>play vidya
industry is shit. every game is garage with microtransactions out the ass or simply wasted potential. I gave up on vidya years ago.
>listen to music
music is one step above watching paint dry. music is only good when it's with something else. on it's own, it's fucking boring.

>tfw live in the city
>tfw can't go for hikes or swim in natural bodies of water
>tfw forever surrounded by subhumans

>t.pleb

Volunteer or join a team of some sort like bowling or something. They won't care if you're bad they'll only care if you try. Maybe get a new hobby that has other people like rock climbing or something. You're bound to find some pretty interesting friends that way. Good luck faggot!

>actually plays modern day video games, reads books like his in the 1400s, and just sits there listening to sounds and doing nothing else
>not a pleb
lmao @ u

>vidya
I don't, not arguing about this one
>books
>he thinks there are more efficient ways to relay information
>he thinks books ONLY relay information
>music
>he listens to stuff so simple he can do other stuff while listening to it
I bet you have random playlists too, tasteless cuck

>>books
>>he thinks there are more efficient ways to relay information
there is
add a picture. there, now I don't have to waste my time reading four paragraphs that do nothing but describe an object or a room. just fucking show one image and be done with it. text is for dialog only. graphic novel > standard text only novel

music is the shittiest art form. it has no value on it's own. I'd almost rather watch paint dry then watch paint dry while listening to music.

Teach yourself computer programming? At least then when your parents tell their friends their son is "good at computers" it will actually be true

>I'd almost rather watch paint dry then watch paint dry while listening to music.
THAN faggot THAN

add a picture. there, now I don't have to waste my time reading four paragraphs that do nothing but describe an object or a room. just fucking show one image and be done with it. text is for dialog only. graphic novel > standard text only novel
and how do you add pictures to the ideas? our middle school books had pictures if thats your thing

>music is the shittiest art form. it has no value on it's own
I pity you

>and how do you add pictures to the ideas?
you draw your idea and then put it in there.
you act as if books contain metaphysical information instead of just
>the deep red wood of the dresser remaindered me of blah blah blah
yea just draw a dark red wood dresser and then do internal dialog in text. done. 10x more efficient to convey what you want.

>I'm an active reader blablabla
>Yeah I was just on this book the other day
>Well, the main story goes like this and I feel the protagonist is quite interesting
>Yes..you see, blablablablabal
you can spend 15 minutes just talking about a general idea from the book you're reading and it's interesting as fuck to people, so don't feel like the stories or shit you have to say isn't interesting. YOU make it interesting.

I can have a ticket or a story about a sports event and still be autistic about it

>Yeah we were going down the stairs and this girl comes up, holds my hand and tells me "I don't know you but you seem like a good person"
vs
>uhh..the other day.. uhh.. we were at this uuh thing and then uuh... yeah like right after the uuh i spelled some drinks and uuh, this random girl uuh she was.. she seemed pretty awkward ha ha ha... yeah she uhhh-
Someone cuts off your boring story because you didn't tell it right.

Fuck you user. Literally only vidya is the only hobby in the ones you listed you can't talk about to others. You'll make it, just b urself

If you play multiplayer vidya, go on Veeky Forums and make some friends.

>go on Veeky Forums and make some friends.
worst advice in the entire board

>worst advice
Sure, if you're a sperg or have shit taste. Half the people I socialize with, I do it through PSN, and they're pretty chill people.

and you act as if all books are shitty harlequinn novels

the "people" on Veeky Forums are not people you want to socialize with

pretty much are.

Take a course in a subject you're interested in, a language or life skills

>music is one step above watching paint dry. music is only good when it's with something else. on it's own, it's fucking boring.

Sorry, not Veeky Forums related

greater sound quality doesn't magically make sitting here listening to sounds fun.

You sound like an incredibly boring individual.

>you can spend 15 minutes just talking about a general idea from the book you're reading and it's interesting as fuck to people
I don't know who you're trying to delude, maybe yourself, but no, no it isn't.

m8 what kind of shitty fuckin tunes are you listening to?

>says the guy who's hobby is sitting around listening to sounds
what majestic sounds are you listening to? it's just music. it's fucking awful on it's own. only bearable as background noise to whatever else you are doing

meetup.com

>tfw forever surrounded by subhumans
I understand now, you're just a fucking asshole. Die alone please

>wanting to live around brown and gook trash
no thanks.
I prefer the company of humans. not soulless monsters

>what majestic sounds are you listening to?

I mostly got into music in the mid to late 2000's so a lot of cool indie shit, some old hip-hop, bit of the better pop music like Carly Rae or Janelle Monae. It's not hard to find a very very good album, throw it on and just crash on the couch and listen.

I mean I get the background music thing too, but spending forty minutes to an hour to just focus on an album is pretty fucking good.

You do you tho ma man, I love you anyway.

>spending forty minutes to an hour to just focus on an album is pretty fucking good.
jesus christ what a waste of time and life in general

Why not start a communal sport like boxing? Why not do nofap too?

Because you have SOOO many other things to be doing

yes. like today, I'm building a yoke stand, cleaning the house, taking dog to get groomed, hitting the bars with the boys, fucking your mom afterwards, and then watching a movie before I hit the hay.

>he thinks watching a movie is above listening the music

>Stop downloading Japanese girls
B A S E D
A
S
E
D

well yes because it's not just staring at a blank wall while sounds go off
it's watching things happen while music plays along side it

start hunting homeless people for sport

>I use TWO of my senses can't you see how it is MUCH better is of my TIME than just using ONE

did you really think that wasn't true? what kind of braindead retard can enjoy just sitting there listening to sounds and doing nothing else?
get a life you loser

>did you really think that wasn't true? what kind of braindead retard can enjoy just sitting there watching to pictures with sounds and doing nothing else?

>>did you really think that wasn't true? what kind of braindead retard can enjoy just sitting there watching to pictures with sounds and doing nothing else?

>>>did you really think that wasn't true? what kind of braindead retard can enjoy just sitting there watching to pictures with sounds and doing nothing else?
Nice arrguement

>>read books
>outdated format of information. add some pictures or just stop making stuff you hacks.
>>listen to music
>music is one step above watching paint dry. music is only good when it's with something else. on it's own, it's fucking boring.
holy shit, you're the plebiest pleb ever

>every game
>"hey guys, I'm a lazy retard and I only have ever scratched the surface of video games by only playing the most popular AAA titles and never decided to even try to go deeper and find the actual good games that don't abuse our wallets"
>"so I'm just gonna give up on video games as a whole"

Damn OP, it is obvious why you are the way you are now. You don't even try, even in a hobby like fucking video games. Kill your self

oh I didn't even read you post as I thought it was just a repost of exactly what I saw. my bad

so anyway
you're saying PICTURES and SOUND is less than SOUND?
is 2 also less than 1 in your eyes?

I've played the fuck out of older games. What did you think I've done all my life? I didn't get into vidya yesterday. I can't keep playing morrowind forever. Especially for MP games. Their player base dies so you need something new. There hasn't been a good new game in years.

Learn to play acustic fingerstyle guitar. its awesome

Your problem is you think the entirety of video games is the most popular titles at the current time.
>I've played older games
Doesn't fucking matter. I bet you still just played the most popular games during whatever year you played those games.

I can't believe I'm fucking arguing about video games but holy shit OP, you are a fucking piece of shit.

>asks people for help
>we try to help
>"REEE NO YOU GUYS ARE STUPID THATS NOT WHAT I WANTED REEEEEE FUCK YOU GUYS I HATE ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING AND WILL REFUTE WHATEVER YOU TRY TO SUGGEST TO ME"

Suicide is the only option desu

>Le my hobbies are boring and others are so much cooler mentality

Get over yourself. Just because you have no clue of saying it in a way that makes it interesting, doesn't mean it's not. You can have even better conversations when the subject is so directly connected with deep thinking and life in general. You can just smash in there your philosophy and wisdom to people and that kind of thing makes you interesting. I once had a liking to one of my coworkers and we traded looks every now and then. We were both on break one day on the same time so I went to her and told her if she wants to get some fresh air and first thing I said after we settled on a bench was "you know, I don't like small talk" and we talked for a bit about small talk and how it's autistic most of the time, then we went on talking about interests etc and she mentioned books so there we go, spend every single break for the next 2 weeks only talking about books, the motives of the characters and the deep thoughts touched by the books we read, which led to even more interesting conversation about ourselves and in one single conversation I'd know more about her than some virgin is dreaming how he'll talk about this kind of stuff when he marries her. She left the job for a better one but we still go out once every month or two and talk about interesting things we found out about.

You're not boring, you just don't know HOW to talk. Sorry, don't call what I'm saying as deluded just to further convince yourself everyone is a chad-dick lover. They're not, there's a shitton of people that are as interested in the things you're interested in as long as it's not autistic. (reading/cooking/writing/music/movies are not autistic)

>I bet you still just played the most popular games during whatever year you played those games.
Mostly yes due to being fucking 8 and not understanding anything beyond what is shown to me on TV or in the allies of the video game store.
As an adult, when I look back and look up gameplay videos, most of that older stuff is trash. I've already played the good gems from back when. Everything else is jank shit.
Everything coming out today is half assed shit, microtransactions out the ass, or the online community for it is dead as fuck thus no point in buying it.
Video games, at least the genres of it I like, are trash and probably aren't going to improve anytime soon since microtrasnactions and half assed schlock keeps breaking the bank.

I'm not sure how this became a topic on the merits of books but I more or less agree with the user who says they are outdated assuming we're both talking about fiction books. I agree completely with the fact that too much of a book is bullshit descriptive language which is perfunctory at best and cringey and contrived at it's worst when it tries to create an atmosphere.

I cannot stand fantasy novels because they are on average, 3 times bigger than a regular novel because they have to waste more words to describe things that don't exist in our world.

But to the point of this thread... I don't think books are a very good way of meeting people at all. At least... for the cynical type of people we are. Maybe if we were full on shitcunt 1st year bachelor of arts students that Tweet all day and LARP as Bohemian intellectuals reading Penguin paperbacks in coffee shops, yeah... because we could delude ourselves enough to go with the LARP and meet other sluts that LARP.

I tried doing that. I tried talking to a girl about Albert Camus' The Outsider and it was depressing. She got nothing out of it except that Meursault was a bad person. She thought it was a first person account into the mind of an evil killer like American Psycho.

And don't bother with a book club because all they do is keep up on the "latest bestseller" nobody will give a fuck about in a week. And it's all housewife shit.

If you want my honest opinion on what you should do with your time, work more. Get a side hustle going.

Pertaining to OP's original problem and reading. A few years ago I started integrating books that had been turned into movies. If people see you reading those, that is an instant conversation starter. I read during lunch at work sometimes. Three separate people saw the book Contact on my desk and started conversations with me. Give that a shot OP. It works without fail and will lead to other book conversations that involve movies as well.

find something you are interested in and take courses for it. go to a martial arts gym.

I'm not the OP, I'm saying I don't give a shit about this retarded thing you read last night that you thought was very interesting.

Take up something that takes you outdoors and exposes you to a certain amount of risk. You want some stories? Sell all your shit on eBay to pay for skydiving lessons.

>Take up something that takes you outdoors and exposes you to a certain amount of risk. You want some stories? Sell all your shit on eBay to pay for skydiving lessons.
other than skydiving what are some good examples?

i also live near a city, so i'd need to drive 1+ hours to get to anywhere outdoorsy, like mountain biking or offroading paths

Then why the fuck would I be speaking to you if you have not a single interest in me or what I have to say? You autists need to be brought up again lmao

i need you to delete this post

Study and improve yourself. Women date up, so start raising you smv if you plan on breeding

study and improve in what way? to get more money?

isn't part of smv about having friends, that's what I'm asking about. im always alone by myself

You can increase your smv in several ways. I'm bad at the whole friends thing, but I already have a girlfriend, so I don't know.
Getting more money and becoming more successful will allow you to meet new people. Try attending professional conventions as well.
I'm taking Coursera courses during weekends, but you can do whatever man. Take up gardening, hit up the qt who works at the gardening shop and ask for advice.

Accept the aloneness as an inherent part of your life. Prepare for the coming war.

Based Snek

i came in this thread with pity but leave with disgust

good day user

I've taken coursera courses, but how does that increase my value?

I'm not making more money now that i did or anything

any courses you'd recommend?

OP here, that wasn't me