/fat/ - Saturday Morning Edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
It's for /fat/bros who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions.

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage.
calculator.net/body-fat-calculator.html

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure.)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week.
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones.
myfitnesspal.com

---

What are you eating and up to this morning bros? Just had some light breaded chicken and greek yogurt, and am playing some Overwatch

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/p/2pcs-Caliper-Analyzer-Slim-Health-Measure-Body-Fat-Skinfold-Tester-Keep-Fitness/1739688535?iid=172330545249
twitter.com/AnonBabble

At what bf% do you start seeing face gains bros? 5'11 here went from 200 lbs to around 170 and so far clothes fit a bit better but my face and legs look exactly the same.

>too autismal for gym
>too autismal (and it's too hot) to run
Is pic related a good routine to start?

its better than nothing but it still sucks

just goto the gym man, nobody cares about you

was going to post this almost word for word

English is not my native language but ,wouldn't it be autistic instead of autismal?

"too austistic" would be more grammatically correct but "too autismal" works well enough colloquially

Nah, my local gyms are flamboyant chad centrals. I'm not going anywhere near (again). Also, what body weight ex. would you recommend instead?

It's a meme

>scale keeps going down
>BF% stays the same

HELP

How are you measuring your BF%?

Your brain can only run on glucose, so if you don't eat any carbs, your body begins to degrade proteins (google "urea cycle") just for some brain food. And that's a waste of muscle

An electronic scale. I know they are somewhat of a meme but its still saying the same when it was going down previously.

5'11" here too, 166 now but was 140 a while ago. At 140 was pretty nice and slim, but also had absolutely no muscle or weight lifting experience whatsoever so it'd probably be a higher weight now with the muscle. Probably depends on bf%

mine only shows a difference when theres like a 3% difference - and it doesnt go below 9% somehow, get one of those 'grab ur ab-fat and measure it' scales for bf, theyre better and more reliable

my old belt from college when I was last Veeky Forums

>was 90kg (borderline obese)
>now 65kg (borderline underweight)
>still have a belly and small mantits
SEND HELP

time to lift

18 years old, 175 cm, 66-something kilos
In no way do I want to get buff, I just want to look slimmer. How much weight would I have to lose to manage to do that?

Are you me?

Will it actually help? I stopped losing weight when I reached 80 the first time and started lifting but there was no effect, which is why I have been cutting to (so far) 65. I guess now that I'm at 65 it will magically become effective?

what routine were you doing and how long were you doing it for before you quit?

And cost very little on ebay

ebay.com/p/2pcs-Caliper-Analyzer-Slim-Health-Measure-Body-Fat-Skinfold-Tester-Keep-Fitness/1739688535?iid=172330545249

I'm going back to uni in about a month and am going to be eating at the cafeteria there. Usually eat the same thing every day; eggs, Greek yogurt, protein bars, salmon and lentils. Seriously doubt most of that will be available daily. Also a pescatarian.
Any advice for sticking to healthy things without having to buy a lot? Have a meal plan and don't want to waste that but also really want to stay on track as I feel so much better when I am.

5x5 deadlifts, squats, bench press and 3x10 back extension for 3 months

were you adding weight?
what was your calorie intake? protein?

I literally don't know how you couldn't see progress doing that for that long.
But yeah if you just go back to that or SS/SL/GSKP, but with a calorie surplus and a lot of protein you'd probably look a lot better than you do now in a couple months.

>know what to do
>can't bring myself to do it

Who here No Will mode?

Anyone here have back pain because of how fat they are? I have a bad back already, but my weight makes it worse.

Feels bad man.

Please realize your choices in life and pick the right one

I went from 1pl8 deadlifts to 2pl8, half-pl8 presses to 1pl8, back extension was at 100lbs at the end (don't recall what it started at), and squats were at 1.5pl8 starting at 1pl8.
I was doing ~1g protein per lb.
Of course I saw progress, but not the progress I care about foremost (getting rid of the fucking mantits and belly).
Although I also don't know if my progress was good or bad, but at least it was going somewhere.

>tfw really want to binge eat right now
lads give me strength

also since ive been losing weight the veins on my wrist are protruding a lot more. kind of freaks me out honestly, seems like theyre about to burst out my arm sometimes

keto is life, keto is love. But most importantly, keto keeps you in control and prevents you from feeling hunger.

>Indian Native American
>girl is clearly germanic

really make me think

>keto keeps you in control and prevents you from feeling hunger
keto is unsustainable in the long run.

honestly hope you choke to death on your cheesy bacon strips

go pitch your atkins shit to the overweight soccer moms looking for a quick fix
it isn't wanted here

Some research say that you have to give it a year before the hunger is gone. You're not done when you lost your weight, your done when the new weight is your normal weight

So you're saying that losing weight isnt the hardest part?

My fat ass self started going to this local gym two months ago, been cutting good and working out.

Then three days ago I unknowingly scraped the back end of one of the owner's brand new bmw with my shitbox in the tiny ass parking lot. I sorted it out with her yesterday, and it took a lot of strength to overcome my autism and go to the gym the same day. I'm not going to bitch out, I'll keep going, but how do I overcome the awkwardness of damaging her brand new car in what seems to be something she purchased in pride of her success? Fuck, it makes me not want to go back there.

Put it behind you, you can't change what has already happen.

well your only options are to start lifting or keep cutting. But if you are pushing underweight I'd say just bulk a bit, accept that you might gain some fat back and then cut.
Even if you still have some fat in those areas after you'd look better than if you just kept cutting until they were gone.

Has being a pescatarian helped you in any significant way or is it a moral thing?

Are pendlay rows with dumbbells effective?

>that nose
>those features
>germanic
not at all

About to go to the gym for the first time tomorrow. Any tips ?

I have trouble getting to my calorie limit when I'm cutting I got fat as fuck eating tons of sugar and fried shit, almost to 300 lbsNow I'm at 235 lbs and I need to stay under 1800 calories but it I can't seem to get past 1400 with healthy food
I cut off everything sugary or unhealthy and I lost my entire appetite over the past year
I barely feel like eating more than 1k calories a day and I'm losing weight but I have super intense sugar cravings
Any way to get my appetite back? I think I'm fucked

>weigh in for family weight loss thing tomorrow
>want to water fast until tomorrow to win that money
>not making it

I'm hungry

How much? I know I'd be at my goal weight if money was involved.

I went to overeaters user tonight. It was a bunch of pudgy elderly womanlets. felt kind of creepy having everyone say my name is user and I'm a compulsive eater every time they spoke.

I dont think i want to show up to that every week

tfw poorfag and i get a free loaf a bread every day that is donated to the college
BLEACHED

also cunts should know if they drive around an expensive car it might get dinged up

dont fall for the cardio only meme that is bitch shit. If the weight racks are packed do isometric shit to kill time

>really want to binge
Do it. Just make sure you stop at some point.
Eating and losing weight slowly aren't the end of the world.

Are you a compulsive eater? Are you really incapable of saying "fuck this, I'm not eating this unhealthy shit until my scheduled cheat day"?

I overeat a lot and figured going to an IRL thing might help motivate me.

desu "compulsive eater" just seemed like a girl euphemism for fat fuck with no self control

Keto was literally developed so that it is infinitely sustainable. Go be clinically retarded elsewhere.

You really believe that people will be on keto diet for the rest of their lives?

Are you really going to refuse to inform yourself even after having demonstrated the most lack of understanding of any subject anyone on Veeky Forums has ever demonstrated?

Can you link me to a diet journal of someone who consistently stayed in keto for 5+ years?
I mean there should be tons of those, how old is mfp?
Even better, some controlled study with regular check-ins.

Keto gives me explosive diarrhea and I don't think any diet that does that to you is natural or good for you.

that happens to me when I haven't eaten much during the day, it's not really a good sign, yeah. Stop following meme diets.

Wait, can you seriously just log onto MyFitnessPal, not put anything on it, and still get your streak extended simply for being on the page? I was out late last night running errands and didn't get home until after midnight, realized that I didn't log any food, but the fact that I went on the website before running errands extended my streak?

What the hell?

Only like $60

they insist on splitting it between the top 2 which is bullshit. I won last month and I'll probably win this month even if I do eat today.

The same thing happened to me when I started but it went away after a few weeks.

>too autismal for gym
nobody gives two fucks about you at the gym.

I have a job man. I can't have explosive diarrhea for weeks and hope I get over it.

not him but it was used to treat epilepsy in children for a while until better drugs were made available

as a weight loss aid (and let's face it, a cult) it's pretty useless for anything but positive affirmation that if you feel like crap, you're losing weight

I bought a jar of peanut butter thinking I could control myself and now I'm 900 calories over my goal.

You live and you learn.

Put some rolled up toilet paper in your buttcrack.

I can't wait until Joe Rogan dies of a heart attack so the keto meme can die.

Why the fuck do so many people eat peanut butter like it's the greatest fucking food in the world?

How does anyone in these threads who is trying to lose weight allow peanut butter in their house? It's not just you user, but so many of the fucks in this thread eat peanut butter, once of the most dense caloric foods ever, and think it's all going to be okay. It's batshit insane. Throw it away. Just fucking dump it.

I think it's an american staple
all their candy and cereal seems to have a peanut butter variant
we have it here, but it's very unpopular

IF Fags and other dieters:
Post your next meal time and what you're gonna eat

7:30 EDT
Filipino Food Edition
Chicken Adobo 1 cup
White Rice 2 cups

(eating a lot today because I will do a full day fast tomorrow which I do every sunday)

Weekends are horrible.
I get so restless sitting infront of the screen, not having any obligation to get up early on Saturday or Sunday. Lonely - knowing I will stare at this blue screen all day, and my only comfort is food and beer.
Then I get hung over, skips gym as I had planned to go to, eat two portions of pizza. Had frozen them in different plastic bags for it to keep more days, but hey, why not take two of them.
And ice cream, since I had intended for that to be my cheat this weekend. A good, tasty, expensive ice cream that I would cherish. Hah, ate half of it after the pizza..

A part of me rationalize it with having a fresh start. Like now, I technically don't have much junk food in the house since I ate it. So next week will probably repeat itself. I will not eat much from Monday till Thursday, decide that since it's weekend, I should get a treat, and that includes alcohol, since some deluded part of me wishes to be invited to a gathering with actual people and have a few beers and a good time (tfwnogf). Not sure if I want beer or wine, so why not both?

It's mostly lonely.

Stop drinking alcohol at least for a while

If you can't handle over eating shit then you should throw it away. I don't keep zebra cakes and Doritos in my home because I know I'd just eat it all. Everyone has their weakness.

Why not just toss the pee nut bluber?

>my only comfort is food and beer.

It sounds very miserable relying on happiness on such dangerous and capricious things. I don't want to sound high and mighty but look into Buddhism and meditation.

>Then I get hung over, skips gym as I had planned to go to, eat two portions of pizza. Had frozen them in different plastic bags for it to keep more days, but hey, why not take two of them.

You can see your own cycle of destruction and suffering... the wise thing to do is to not repeat that same cycle of sufffering. Restraint is the key. again, sorry If I seem high and mighty but this verse is very relevant to us here in /fat/:

Verse 231. The Person Of Bodily Discipline

Rough action one should guard against,
be with body well-restrained,
bad bodily conduct having shed
train oneself in good.

Explanation: Guard against the physical expression of emotions. Be restraint in physical behaviour. Give up physical misconduct. Practice wholesome physical behaviour.

>not having any obligation to get up early on Saturday or Sunday
Go to Church.

Unironically this. Doesn't even matter if you don't believe in it. Church is a wholesome environment that will take you in and help you get to know locals.

I forgot masturbation though. It's in there somewhere too. Leaves me drained and the hung over horniness is a bitch. It doesn't give me anything, it's just a chore.
My biggest issue is the time aspect. It's so long till I'm in demand. 60 hours or so where nobody has any expectations of me, it's too much. I don't know what to do with it. What makes it a paradox is that if I have plans, my entire weekend is ruined.
I got plans to play tennis tomorrow, and I will go, but I can't help but to obsess over it. It's been like that for a while, when I was studying aka not attending lectures, I was a volunteer in a student group. Even if I had a shift a month in advance, I just counted down to the horror of having to do it. All the things that could go wrong, all the things I would mess up. The simple things "everyone" knew, I failed to do. Common anxiety really.

It's so frustrating to having to work against your upbringing, your thoughts, your emotions, while receiving no support (some of the issue is that I don't see support for what it is), and at the same time using the same "broken" mental mind to fix or deal with what's broken.

1. Learn to fucking type and use proper grammar.
2. It sounds like you have an appetite but just for shitty foods. Just keep eating healthy and resist temptation and hopefully they will go away.

> I just counted down to the horror of having to do it.
I feel you on this one

I do this all the time when I'm at work or at school instead of just living the moment, I'm somewhere else, either counting down the seconds until I'm free or figuring out ways to get out of the responsibility.

I say you learn some meditation, man. It's like the mental version of fasting. Go Heal, repair, relax, and be at ease.

>i'm lonely and have nothing to do
>i sit inside all day and stuff my face
>i skip the gym

You have the best kind of problems, ones you create for yourself. This is good becaue it means you can easily fix them. Wake up early and go to the gym. Go to the park for a walk. Try and make plans with people you know and if that's not an option then look into ways to meet new people. Get a fucking dog. Go make an account on a dating site. Fucking go do some bullshit hobby like bowling or golf. Create some amount of excitement in your life.

>my mind on keto
Lemme get uhhhhh a carton of eggs scrambled, the whole package of bacon and a gallon of water

That's true. I do however, have an issue with independence. I'm like a slave that's suddenly freed from his master and then left on his own. All that really happened in the analogy is that any stability and decissionmaking is now gone.
Riddled with anxiety when I'm outside. Doubting myself in every minute way. I don't want to do that, I want to have something constructive to go to. I have as long as I know wanted something to do, to look forward to when I had enough free time.
The issue is that I had the opposite problem, I had too much free time. I never understood how people could juggle spending time with friends, playing football, doing homework since I did neither of that.

Like with planning dinners for next week, or have some overreaching arc of what I'll have. What I end up doing is waiting till Monday. The whole day tomorrow will mostly be waiting for "eating healthy", and actively not eating crap. Constantly thinking about how I shouldn't eat cookies at work, have hot chocolate from the coffeemachine, and not use too much butter or any at all when searing whatever meat or vegetables I'm having. Not take two portions, but still make enough so it's enough for two so I have dinner for another day - another day of waiting with the exact same things.

I'm the kid that looked forward to school starting in holidays since that meant order and structure.
Another issue with working out and diet is that most of it comes from absence. You don't get three hours during the day between work and bed time where you eat healthy and improve or get enjoyment of doing the activity of eating healthy.

I guess i can say now that I look forward to Monday since that means going to the gym, and then I can be acclaimed as someone who went to the gym.

I'm somewhat aware of my issues, where they stem from, what they consists of, and while the solution seems straight forward, the act of not ruining the way to success is hard.

All I want is some god damn cake.

I've been on this diet for 2 months now. I've lost 20 pounds, but all I want is some fucking cake.

I don't even want that much cake, like a slice of vanilla cake. I could go to publix right now and get a slice of cake if I really wanted.

I can literally taste it. I know exactly what I would feel when it hit my tongue. I want it so god damn. I can't even describe with words how much I want to taste that cake right now.

Hell, I'd at least be at break even for today even if I got the cake, I bet I'd still be under TDEE. I've only eaten 1700 calories so far. One slice of cake isn't going to ruin my diet.

But I'm not going to get it. I can't buy that reasoning. I can diet all I want, but I'll never make it if I let myself think fat.

It's not about the calories, it isn't about the math. The impulse inside me that drives me to want that cake is the very reason I can't allow myself to have it. I'm not making deals with or rationalizing with that part of me anymore. I'm beating it into submission and dictating the terms.

Fuck that cake.

11:30 am EDT

Blackened chicken
1/2 cup rice
ceaser salad

What was your starting weight and where are you now?

Don't lose the fight brother , that guy is your worst enemy, that guy is you ...

Have you had any cheat meals?

Cheat meals are actually great since they supposedly keep your body from "getting used to" healthy foods. I notice the most relief from the psychological boost they give. Keep them to where you go no more than 750 calories above TDEE and no more than once a week.

I felt like you for a long time. Trapped in a shitty cycle of drinking and fucking up everything on the weekends.

You've gotta find something. I've been going outside, alone, on hikes every weekend. At first it was a struggle but now I really look forward to it. I get up early just like I would for work, sometimes earlier, but I go to a trailhead instead of my job. It's really rewarding to complete a hike or reach a summit. I'm not saying it's gonna be your thing but it's a new hobby I've embraced that also fits in with my health goals. I know you can find something too.

250 last august

198 this morning 28% BF 36% Muscle 5'7

Is running 2 miles* for 5 days out of the week and a healthy diet enough to lose weight.

*Will increase as I get better, Intermittent sprinting, power walking, walking

All of these infographs are useless, user
Search the sticky for a real programme

You'd be way better off walking a further distance, than running a shorter one.

Weight loss is 90% diet and 10% exercise, I think your focus is in the wrong place. Count your calories and come up with a TDEE, eat below that. Thats how you lose weight.

do you get stronger boners when you lose weight?

>tfw have been losing weight like crazy ever since i got a labor job

im at 173 now normal body weight at 5'10

soon ill be at my goal weight of 155 lbs

Thank you. I keep asking the same sort of dumb questions because I never know if I'm doing it right and I'm always trying to find that perfect plan. But I'm sorry. I shouldn't be so lazy.

If you are decently rotund young/middle age male, if you eat 1500-1800 calories a day, you will lose weight. Everything else besides that is window dressing. Religiously count your calories, weigh your food and eat that many calories and you will lose weight.

Be sure to eat foods high in fiber and or good fats, as those will make you feel full.

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEE CHADS

maybe you'd be a chad if you manned up and worked hard for once

>chicken breast
>brown rice
>frozen vegetables
Is this a good lunch to not be fat

don't waste your cake calories on Publix cake it's not worth it

t. A Publix employee

What hobbies do you guys have? Looking towards getting into some that require me to be somewhat active? I was looking at woodworking or welding.

How are you guys on social skills? I was hoping to improve them a bit, I can talk to people easily in a work environment but not so much in real caring way.

Lastly, what's your favorite thing to cook?