Name a worse meme

Name a worse meme

paleo

>Keto
>Foam rollers
>SS
Pick one

b-but it's not a meme, i-it lowers insulin sensitivity and makes it easier for your body to use stored fat for energy..

Foam rollers and ss are fine, its the nutjobs who form religions around them.

I get it you guys, none of these are memes and are all valuable for different functions. Good troll

>keto
>valuable

SHOO SHOO KETOGOBLIN

>SS
/thread

Pro-tip: IF is NOT a meme

sips

IF is the worse meme, the jew created it to make us eat less breakfast shit and more OGM meat and pasta

>lowers insulin sensitivity

you mean it increases insulin sensitivity

No douche will ever be able to convince me that enjoying my oatz, banana, peanut butter, etc delicious shake in the morning is the *wrong* thing to do.

I hate this dogmatic thinking thats prevalent on Veeky Forums, but then again most people are legitimately autistic and have trouble processing stimuli. Compulsively they create arbitrary categories as to how the world works.
>SS is THE ultimate beginning program
>every lifter should only train for strength, every workout
>never eat fruit, the sugar will fuck up your metabolism

In truth, most approaches to eating right work if applied consistently over a longer period than a few days. What is valid in theory and what works for YOU as an individual are two very different things.
Find out what works for you, and stick with it. Some people have a lot of success with keto. Others do not. Thats ok, stop doing keto and move on.
Personally, IF suits me very well. I lost 20lbs easily and maintain my weight by doing IF. It works, I like how and what I can eat, so im sticking with it.
The ones who obsess over how others eat have bigger problems than their protein per lbs intake.
It always baffled me how people can have strong opinions on how other people eat their food, but then again, autism.

>Keto
>PPL for nattys and beginners

What

GOMAD, I get the shits from anything over a pint of straight milk.

thats because you are a shitskin

I do keto and IF. Fight me IRL.

Yeah could you imagine that. You might feel personally attacked or insulted if your way of living turns out to be sub optimal for your goal.

HAHA IT'S THE SS IS A MEME MEME:
GOT ME GOOD HAHJAHJAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
HA
HA
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

He's very dogmatic. He's never coached an elite lifter. His programming prioritizes lifting heavy weights in the short term over all the other long-term drivers of success in the weight room and on the athletic field (conditioning/work capacity being one of the most important that he misses). He has this idea that every novice who can do power cleans must do power cleans, even though this almost invariably results in a weak beginner doing muscle cleans with garbage form, and virtually everyone else agrees that jumps, throws, and sprints are better than power cleans for developing explosiveness.
He doesn't believe that machines and isolation movements have any purpose in the programs of serious lifters, even though virtually every elite lifter does these exercises. He has a decent physiological analysis of the lifts, but he thinks that there's only one good way to perform the lifts, when the reality of lifting is that form differs greatly among good lifters.
He has this idea that because beginners are able to add weight to the bar every session, they must do so, and if they don't do so then beginner gains are "wasted". In reality, because beginners progress well on any program, it doesn't particularly matter what program they do. The best program for beginning lifters is one that develops the full range of athletic qualities (strength, explosiveness, proprioception, conditioning, etc.), which is what lifters did before the Starting Strength craze took off. 5/3/1 for Beginners is a good program that does this. Coincidentally, this is also what the Russians do, and they dominate the U.S. in powerlifting at every level.
If I tried I could probably think of more problems I have with him, but that's probably enough for now. I did run Starting Strength, a long time ago. Thankfully, some lifters who were much stronger than I was set me right.

I read a bunch of articles on Suppversity about the positives of IF and convinced my brother to give it a whirl. In the 6 months he has been doing it he went down from 186 to 156. He doesn't work out any more so he looks like a weak little bitch, but he is slimmer than he has been in a decade and a half.
I started on it about a month ago and am already down around 10 pounds, and haven't lost any strength on my lifts. I also work a labour intensive job.
I don't know if all the other benefits are a bunch of bullshit or not but I know that it has been working for me.

>I don't know if all the other benefits are a bunch of bullshit or not but I know that it has been working for me.
I think this is the best approach to anything discussed here really. Try it out and see if it works FOR YOU
If so, keep doing it. If not, stop and move on.

How's IF working for you?

foam rolling is great for muscle soreness

>one month
>down 10 pounds
Congratulations on your water weight loss. I've been doing it for a while with at least a 500 calorie deficit, and I lose a pound a week. Just like what someone who isn't on IF would lose. It's really no better than the eat 5/6 small meals a day 2 hours apart meme.

Only benefit I got from IF was hunger management. Easier to just not eat while hungry on it.

The worst meme is the "literally the only way to lose weight is through fasting and eating 0 carbs" meme

Conventional deadlifts.

IF just makes it easier to track my food intake, and allows me to have 2 heavier meals a day on a cut. The secondary benefits of fasting are just a plus.

Intermittent Fasting (IF) is a literal meme, as in a fad-diet.

NHS says it creates bad eating habits like binge eating.

All those claims are bullshit.

>metabolic disease risk
Metabolic differences are completely over exaggerated and unless youre 60 years old, thats not a reason to avoid intermittent fasting.
>weight gain
LOLWUT
Thats completely dependant on the individuals choice to binge. I dont binge when fasting, and in fact, i cant actually stomach the same amount of food as i did before.

>inflammation
Post studies that show IF leads to inflammation. Almost everything ive ever read about IF shows that it has inflammation reducing benefits.
But with anything, it will greatly depending on the type of food youre eating, whether fasting or not.

If you eat alot of saturated fat or meat, then of course youre going to have inflammation.

Nigger learn to read. Those are down arrows.

>Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Intermittent Fasting Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Don't Eat Midnight Snacks Like Nigga Wait Until Breakfast Haha

I did IF for a while, I'm not doing Keto just counting calories. I found that I was losing weight pretty fast but it's imossible to tell if it was better or not than not doing it, because I've been losing 3lbs a week on average for like 7 months now. Now I've stopped because I'm working really early shifts and im not skipping breafast when I start at 8am but I think there is some value in eating your last meal at around 6 or 7pm, less so in waiting until noon to eat your first one.

But it's not a diet. It's timing when you eat, you absolute mongoloid,

>and virtually everyone else agrees that jumps, throws, and sprints are better than power cleans for developing explosiveness.
Source?
Not doubting, I'm just a know-nothing.

this is the epitome of terrible memes

>He's very dogmatic. He's never coached an elite lifter.

I don't even need to read the rest, SS is not a program dedicated to elites. It's to make a Holocaust survivor into someone who can help you carry furniture.

Makes counting super easy. Sucks for about a week. I don't feel as sluggish in the mornings but that could be placebo.

Veganism

>is a literal meme, as in a fad-diet.
Not a diet. Also, how hard is it to fucking try it, you fat fuck.

lifting for girls

Imagine an animal perfectly adapted to its environment through 1000s of years. Imagine if that animal all of a sudden was fed selectively bred plants that have been stored without perishing for months, mechanically rolled/ground/blended and heated before ingestion. Some of these plants are not even native to the place where the animal adapted to living.
I don't think those highly artificial foods would be optimal for the animal that adapted to entirely different conditions.

Eating meat

>Veeky Forums is a legitimate place to go for fitness and nutrition advice

Worst meme ever

Civilisation didn't just throw together a bunch of random plants and declare it food. Or bodies adapted to our environment, and we adapted our environment to match. Wild animals don't live to old age, they don't need optimal conditions.