Sleep

Every night I wake up in my sleep every 45 minutes. I turn over and fall back asleep, then another 45 minutes I wake up again. I wake up 6 to 8 times.

How can I get a deeper sleep, without having to use an addictive drug that just knocks me out? I want deep, restorative, quality sleep for 6-9 hours.

you probably have sleep apnea

I don't snore, though.

>sleeping
>not chemically inducing a coma each night for maximum efficient rest
Are you even trying to make it?

Could be alot of things

Do you drink alot of caffeine?
Do you train at night?
Do you have anxiety or stress over something recently?
Are you on your phone for hours before going to sleep?

All of the above will affect quality of sleep.
It could also just be something as simple as your mattress dude.

I have the same problem, not quite as bad but I wake up 3-4 times per night usually. The only thing that has worked for me is meditation (had to do it for a long time before it had any effect) and sleep medication.

I cut out caffeine. Haven't had coffee or soda in 2017.

My workout times are either 11am-12pm or 6:30pm-7:30pm, depending on my work schedule (either 1-9 or 10-6).

I feel like I've always been stressed out. When I went to the doctor as a teenager he told me I have upper-normal cortisol levels. I also ended up being a manlet (5'7).

No, but I'll be on Veeky Forums until about an hour before I try falling asleep. I don't have a problem getting to sleep, I just can't stay asleep.

Try ZMA. Helps me sleep like a baby as well as have weird dreams

>The only thing that has worked for me is meditation (had to do it for a long time before it had any effect)
>and sleep medication

go for a sleep study?
maybe you have sleep apnea?
erratic sleep schedule?
poor sleep hygiene

Stress plays such a large role in quality of sleep, user.

Reduce your liquid intake before bed as well.
Like the other user said, ZMA is awesome for deep sleep and recovery.

Worst case scenario just smoke weed before going to bed.

Same here mane

Right now I'm taking Zinc at lunch and Magnesium Glycinate an hour before bed. The Mag helps me fall asleep, but it's not keeping me asleep. Will the ZMA be any different?

No its essentially the same thing. You sure you dont just have a shitty ass bed??? I feel like youre overanalyzing the situation

Yeah, it's a queen-sized Sealy with springs, firm with a pillow-top. I work in a furniture store, so I got 30% off.

The irony

Then i agree with the other user. Look into weed. Im not some 420blazeit bro, but i have a weed pen that i hit every night before bed. I sleep like a fucking baby, and since i only take 1 hit a day, a 20 dollar cartridge lasts me around 5 or 6 weeks. Pens are like 10 bucks, and since your vaporizing oil, it doesnt reek like weed

You need to get exxxxxxxxxxxxxxtra cozy before you sleep. Adjust thermostat, also maybe do some light reading from an actual book (Not Phone). Maybe some hot cocoa or warm milk. Should help soothe you. If not then just ZzzQuil

Melatonin helps you stay asleep when you fall asleep.

It's non-addictive and you don't get any sides.

I tried 5-HTP for a few weeks. I got vivid dreams, but I kept waking up all the same.

yo! what do you recommend? what extracts have you tried for sleep?

i heard cbd pills are also good for this

I dont know enough about the specifics of strains to tell you. Like i said, im a super casual smoker so as long as ive stuck to indicas, ive always gotten awesome rest.