Does SS really turn you into t rex mode

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XKmRZlF0p7U&t=2m15s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yeah

if you're a retard and you only do the squats part of the workout yeah

deadlifts, press, clean, and bench train upper body

but do they get muh arms?

Been doing OHP, bench, chin up, row and while my chest and back are getting stronger, my arms aren't really getting bigger.

Well, my arms are probably getting stronger too, but perhaps the strength/hypertrophy separation is greatest for arms?

you must lift bitch weight

>500 sets of squats every week
>like 15 reps of bench press per week if you're bored idk
>1 set of deadlifts per day
>NEVER do arms. If you can, just surgically remove your biceps.
>fuck off with your accessories, you can't have muscle imbalances if you don't work any muscle other than legs

I don't know, I've only been doing it for a few months and I keep getting injured and taking time off

I've gotten up to 90 on the OHP, 75/arm on the row (2-handle cable), 165 bench with medium grip width, 160lb equivalent assisted chin up. These are for 3+ sets of 5+.

I do feel like things are finally starting to click in terms of doing the movements proficiently, however. Also I'm like 6'2" and wide, so the weight is probably relatively less for me than for manlets.

But yeah I'm a novice. So you're saying that these compound lifts will build my arms up as I increase the weight? Because it feels like my back and chest are where I'm making gains.

don't believe the compounds are enough for arms meme.

otherwise prepare yourself for gaining 25 pounds of muscle and arms stay at 14" while everything else grows.

been there done that. not fun. only thing that helped me was hitting arms with high volume high frequency. 15-20 sets per week spread over 3-4 days.

Can I just do a few heavy sets to increase the strength if I'm not a hypertrophy guy?

This guy rows 4plate. He posted earlier today. Look at his arms and tell me if compounds are enough.

youtube.com/watch?v=XKmRZlF0p7U&t=2m15s

>over 5 reps
clearly doing a hypertrophy routine
and yet he's small
really makes you think

Nah, he says he mainly lifts for strength. Which I believe. He has a bunch of singles and shit like that posted.

>hypertrophy tards btfo

Is anything over 5 reps really hyptertrophy?

all this bouncing doesn't really impress me, F=ma so if you're using your legs to add a bunch of a you can't have much F.

and five pull-ups isn't a lot, I just don't think he's that strong

>singles
can singles even do anything?

wow, that must be the worst form i've ever seen. the rows look like he's humping the bar and i'm not sure which pullups are worse, his or the crossfit style. lmao

>and five pull-ups isn't a lot

Doing a five at 115 kg after having done all those deadlifts and rows... I think it's decent.

Anyway, people train differently. The point remains the same: heavy compounds don't build arms.

>Is anything over 5 reps really hyptertrophy?

what were his lifts with that physique?

>115 kg
yeah ok, I didn't know he was that big. Then again I'm 110kg skinnyfat and do 3 sets of 5 assisted chins with a 25kg assist

>do 3 singles
>become powerful
I know it's the internet and you posted an infographic, but color me unconvinced, like taupe or something

>that form

holy shit

Alright bitches listen up

I started out a few years ago as. 140lb 5'11 Skelly. I have basically done SS/strong lifts with a few modifications for two years. I'm at 167lb today. Here are my lifts:

5*5 @ 315 squat
5*5 @ 315 DL
4*4 @135 OHP
5*5 @ 205 Bench

Certainly I do other exercises but those are the big ones. I don't do accessible religiously. look pretty alright, but most of my weight certainly is in my legs/ass. It's not a bad look tho. Pic is (obviously) my upper body.

I'm not saying I look like Adonis or w/e, but this is what doing virtually only heavy compounds will make you look like after a few years of training with not amazing genetics/discipline

>110kg
*105kg, my bad, burgermath

you can reach that body in one year of ppl. if your goal is just looking good ppl is king

2 years? you realize it's called Starting Strength for a reason right? I thought the people that did it for 1 year were dumb asses.

Less then one year. 7-8 months.

Add in arm accessories if you aren't satisfied, retard

I swear you autistic fucks here can't comprehend the idea of customizing something to your liking even if it specifically says its fine in whatever program you're following. "SS doesn't get my biceps :(((!" So add in some curls you fucking braindead troglodyte

im not sure why people still argue about SS. if you dont want to do SS then dont. Just pick a program you can stick with.

>hurr durr squat big and your arms will get big

Squat all you want, your arms aren't getting bigger.

If you're doing SS/SL, then you better be adding in a few sets of curls and tricep pull downs every workout.

Dips and chins are great, but you're already hitting compound movements already. Adding in arm isolations are more effective for visual gains.

And tricep pulldowns help me on bench and OHP much better than dips do. I went from constantly stalling to feeling like I was lifting too light.

yes.

what about other compound movements that get triceps, like cable column chops?

yes
>literally all of my muscle groups except for my arms I'm totally fine with
>said arms are still 12.5 inches
kill me

Recs for accessory stuff? Always seems to fall under "advanced" category but I'd like something to supplement SL on off-days.

A 90 OHP is pitiful compared to that bench

I really don't think you need triceps isolation in SS/SL

I don't mind curls but both OHP and bench hit your triceps hard enough

Yes. Legs are the easiest thing to grow natty and lmao 3x per week heavy af squats. I wish it had been bench and chins 3x per week with some supplemental arm shit and 1x squat/deads

At what point do you say you're no longer starting what do you evolve to next?

>if I'm not a hypertrophy guy?

Are you training for some sport? If not you've been memed double hard into the "traynan 4 strenf" meme which is the equivalent of exercising to get good at exercising.

>keep getting injured

Tell the truth : did you read the book?

Is reading the book more for form purposes or what? I haven't read it but if its for more than just form I'll prolly read it.

Your arms aren't getting bigger because you are still lifting bitch weight you mong. Nothing wrong with being a beginner but expecting to look swole cause you have a 90lb OHP is just silly.

I'd like to take up boxing, but I'm a year or three away from being strong enough for it

Yeah, but I'm out of shape, have weak joints, and am not athletic so it's easy for me to mess up the form. So far the big injuries were IT band stuff from going to low on a practice rep for the squat, and a chostacondritis from who knows what, came on during a dip.

Honestly I'm not 100% on the book. Among other things, if you're a real novice and have some idiosyncractic weak stabilization muscles proper form will be hard to keep even under 45lbs. On the other hand, getting injured that way is a good way to figure out which muscles need work.

I'm not a mong, I've never even been to Asia

really? I thought it was all pitiful...

>to low
*too

Jesus, I had a rough time starting out like you and the thing that helped 1000% was getting off of SS/5x5 programs and jumping on 531. I don't know why but my joints got hammered to shit on SS, I fucked around with some BB type of programs and noticed my joints didn't feel like crap then finally started 531. Give it a try.

Thanks, I'll check it out