How brehs prep they rice?

how brehs prep they rice?

1 cup of rice 2 cups of water?
how brehs get they rice to come out sticky? (no homo sexual)

also, brown or white rice?

what say you?

Go back to WSHH, Tyrese.

bump

You don't actually need to boil rice, and it's actually worse for you if you do as it destroys any of the nutrients, phytates etc.
Just munch on it raw. Much better for you and just as tasty.

don't cook rice by volume but by weight

water in millilitres = 1.5 x rice in grams

so if you cook 400g of rice, use 600ml of water

bring to a boil, turn down heat and simmer for 12-14 minutes; never lift the lid on the pot

Type like a normal person.
Yes, 1.5-2x as much water as rice depending on how you want it to turn out and what kind of rice you're using.
Rinse your rice until the water stops turning cloudy.
Don't lift the lid, you impatient fuckface.
Once it comes to a boil, turn it down and let it simmer for 12-15 min, then let it set a couple minutes once the heat is off.

I use a yogurt based garam masala marinade with cubed chicken, cook it, toss it in with the rice. Sometimes I chop and steam broccoli, carrots etc but usually I'm too lazy and just eat them whole on the side.

Stickyrice is a different kind of rice entirely and way different to cook.

aight dumbass this is how you cook rice
1 cup of water per 1 cup rice
rinse your rice
add water
boil for 7 minutes
then immediately after put the flame on the LOWEST heat for 18 minutes
boom you now have rice that doesnt need to be strained (disgusting how people actually do this)
oh also make sure your water+rice combo only takes up like half the pot because the rice will rise as it consumes the water and the water is boiled off
t. asian

White rice
Wash the rice
Get rid of the water, squeeze it,let it dry for a bit
Chop half onion
Chop one garlic tooth
Fry the chopped onion and garlic
Fry the rice
Add salt
Pour enough water to cover it all
Let it boil, turn off the stove as soon as you can see the bottom of pan
Keep the pan close for a couple of minutes

You guys are idiots and wasting all the nutrition potential of rice.
Raw rice is not only a lot tastier and healthier, but it's also one of the few foods you can get a your daily lectin intake. You boys missing out on mad protein gains.

>Garlic tooth
Wtf is this real

Sorry I wrote something wrong? Nice dubs

brehs like to use a rice cooker

the fuck man?

>straining rice
Who
Why
There's nutrition in a banana peel too but who the fuck

idk i seen some people on youtube strain rice

My asian friends clean their rice before cooking but that's all i know

Wash the rice until the water that comes out becomes clear, it'll be sticky then. My mama-san growing up taught me that

Seriously. If you make rice even somewhat regularly get a fucking rice cooker.

1. No need to really measure out stuff. You use the scooper to pour out the cups of rice you want, then pour in some water up to the fill line for that many cups

2. No need to monitor any of that shit. Seriously, you're going to turn on the stove and try and boil water, then time it, check if it's done and have to monitor it the WHOLE fucking time? That's pleb shit.

On a cheap rice cooker you press one fucking button and it'll cook the rice until it's done and then stop when it's finished, keeping it warm in the meantime. On a good rice cooker you set it to finish at a certain time, so you can load it up in the morning and set it for 6PM and then it'll just automatically come on so it finishes right then when you come home.

Oh plus some rice cookers do steel cut oats, so you can just load it up at night and schedule it to finish right as you come out of the shower in the morning.

Brown rice
2.5x water
In rice cooker so don't have to do shit
Mix canned beans in
Stays warm until you're ready to eat

Dont do this because rice contains cyanide