Routine

Someone post a routine, along with their body, that worked for them.
I'm tired of doing a fuckton of volume and getting mentally fucked. I'm burned out as fuck right now and need a change.
Also how the fuck do my love handles go away? My wide fucking hips and my lower stomach fat make me want to neck myself. I have a suspicion it's low test. Any ways to get this up?
Is my overtraining having a effect on my test levels, making it harder for me to see changes?
Stats
5'8, 125, 2400 calories a day, no junk food
Routine: (ABAxBAB)(skipping legs because football season, don't want to wear them out)
A Day
Incline Barbell Press
4 sets x 15,12,10,8
Barbell Flat Bench
4 sets x 12,10,8,8
Incline Dumbbell Fly
4 sets x 10
Stairwell Pushups
4 sets x 20
Tricep Pulldowns
4 sets x 12
Dumbbell Kickbacks
3 sets x 10
Weighted Sit-Ups
4 sets x 15
Plank
3 sets x 75 seconds
Leg Raises
3 sets x 12

B day
Deadlift
4 sets x 20, 15, 12, 10
Pull-Ups
4 sets x 12
Single Arm Dumbbell Row
4 sets x 10 reps
Underhand Barbell Row
4 sets x 12, 10, 8, 8
Incline Dumbbell Curl
3 sets x 10 reps
Preacher Curls
3 sets x 10 reps
Weighted Sit-Ups
4 sets x 15
Plank
3 sets x 75 seconds
Leg Raises
3 sets x 12

As you can see, it's a lot of volume "for a natty." I wonder if this is fucking me up

>6 days a week
>high volume
>natty

Do a 3-day PPL instead, until you've recovered a bit. Then maybe you can do a 4-day PPL, PHUL, or NSUNS.

also
>Deadlift: 4 sets x 20, 15, 12, 10

what

I think so. see the thing about SHBG in the past thread. over-training can lower your test.

oh shit, I fucked that up.
3 day PPL meaning, 3 days a week?
I guess I could not squat heavy on leg day and spare my leggos

>
Texas method upper lower split.

how would I work in cardio to all of this? i don't want to get fat, been there done that.
Most bodybuilders do a 30 minute walking session of 3.5mph on 10 percent incline, is this legit?

>meaning, 3 days a week
Yep. I prefer the PP(LS) version though.

You should still do squats, as you need strong legs and core strength for football. I'm sure you can work it in there to make it go well together with your training. In any case, you should cut down on the amount of days you're training to decrease stress.

will look into, can anyone else advocate for this?
also can people please post their bodies along with the routing, don't be insecure, it's fuckin Veeky Forums. I don't want some DYEL like me recommending shit

Just do light volume superset work on your offdays for cardio and active recovery

what's the LS mean, leg/strength?
Don;t you have to hit a muscle group twice a week for maximum gains? Keep in mind I fucking love the gym, it's the only thing keeping me from necking myself.
If I wanted to go 6 days, would I have to supplement? I've never tried protein powder and all of that. Could this be holding me back?

so what you mean by that is, light lifting counts as the cardio?

If I'm going to do PPL, how many exercises per muscle should I do, and what about rep range?
Or should I just look at a template like Coolcicadas (I read it doesn't have deadlifts tho_

it's Legs/Shoulders.

>Don;t you have to hit a muscle group twice a week for maximum gains?
Yes, but you will still get stronger and bigger in the meantime. The 3-day PP(LS) is just something I'm recommending as recovery. Then a 4-day would probably be preferred for you later.

>would I have to supplement?
As in roid? No. But it would be highly recommended, as you will need all the help you can get rebuilding your body as you're tearing it down nearly every day.

>Could this be holding me back?
Yes. Studies indicate that a higher protein intake (combined with excess calories) will help with recovery. Have you read the sticky?

Take barbell rows and curls for example, my working weight is 185 5x5 for rows and 50s 5x5 for curls.
on a non-pull day, I'll step the weight back and do 3x12 for both of them, focusing on form and a pump

You prob shouldn't get too lean if you play football anyways though, so that lil bit of fat on your obliques is gonna be there

so on days that you're not focusing on the musclemgroup you'll do small isolation work for active recovery? sounds preddy good mang
>c-can I have your snap?

was "pull" implying you do PPL?

Sure thing brodie

And yes, but I lift every day so I just alternate between volume and heavy weekly

if i wanted to design a ppl, how many exercises should I shoot for a day? i guess I'll put the rep range at 5x5 on weight days and 3x12 on volume days, since you guys advocate for it.
Compound lifts, right?

All lifts bro. If you wanna do some tricep work load that ez curl with 35s and go in on dem skullcrushers. I'm drenched in sweat after every single workout, volume days or not. Do as many lifts as you can handle

>Someone post a routine, along with their body, that worked for them.
>no one posts body but give out advice to do power lifting type routines
Huehuehue

i picked up on this
PPL it is

yeah, guess I just gotta eat more to keep up to avoid getting tired

Push
Barbell Bench Press
Incline Bench Press
Close Grip Bench Press
Pushups
Tricep Extensions

Pull
Deadlift
Barbell Rows
Barbell Curls
Pull Ups
Chin Ups
Preacher Curls

Legs/Shoulders
Back Squat
Dumbbell Lunges (10 steps down and back)
Front Squat
Dumbbell Lateral Raises
OHP
Upright Rows
Shrugs

Week is PPLxPPL
One day I'll do volume one day I'll do weight
Volume days- 3x12 Weight days 5x5- does not apply to deadlifts
Thoughts?

pls no bully on my comically short legs, I'm 5'10 but wear 30x29 pants. Up to you whether or not you take my advice bb, good luck either way
If you're going to start up TM, add in a ton of accessories. I'm on my 4th week of TM and spend at least 1-2 hours in there after my compounds. I would totally recommend it, though. Bench up by 20lbs, OHP has gone up around 15lbs, squat has gone up 55lbs, and deadlift by about 40. But I do have to add that my squat and diddle were low relative to my upper body lifts. Before I started it, I was on a normal (but modified) PPL doing rows, shrugs, and (medium2-3x, 1 heavy) OHP 3-4x a week. Not until recently did I start doing high volume lateral raises 2-3x a week. My recommendation would be TM with a minimum of 6 accessories that don't utilize chest or legs (since that's what you're trying to build strength on with TM) and 10x20 lateral raises. Current stats are: 5'10, 175lbs lifting for 1 year (wrestling background though)
155x5 OHP (140 before TM)
255x5 bench (225 before TM)
290x5 squat (235 before TM)
355x1 diddle (315 before TM)

Replace close grip bench with dips. Can't forget about dem dips

I do a bastardized texas method. expanded for 5 days a week. But it is roughly the same.

Been lifting 7 months. Doing this for about 8 weeks.
My lifts are pretty much.
except I smash his Deadlift.

R8 and H8

That's not you though, why reccomend shit you haven't done

Because I started it a few months ago and wanted opinions on it

>having a routine
>not working out until it hurts

workout is stupid because it doesn't follow a 7 day a week cycle, and assumes you can lift every day of the week.

I do ABCABCx for that reason.

What's your programming for deadlift/deadlift weight? Been doing a 5-3-1 pyramid set once a week and it's been going up decently

Seems like really high volume for diminishing returns. If you want to get big and put on a good foundation, I highly recommend following a high volume strength training program like ICF or even Candito's hypertrophy LP.

great if you're on gear