I'm 6'4" 195lbs

Why do I still look like shit

I don't lift hard but I run a lot and eat relatively healthy. I'm the same weight I was in high school but in high school I had abs and a "V"

because you're fat

And now five years later I look like a potato

This is what happens when you dont listen to Veeky Forums and do a bunch of cardio to lose weight while putting no actual effort into a hypertrophy based exercise program so you can actually build muscle and not look like a skinnyfat faggot

Diet

I calorie count

Yeah but you dont even fucking lift. So what do you realistically expect your body to look like if youve put no effort into building lean muscle mass?

this guy

>hypertrophy based exercise program

weak little bitch who looks like shit anyway alert.

You need to lift and lose more weight breh. You are skinnyfat.

This.

I'm tired of people that think diet and no lifting will get them that swole body.

hypertrophy based workout really work to build muscle

Well I just want to look lean, not get massive gains... perhaps lifting would help that... pretty lanky desu.

Hypertrophy based routines are better for people coming from landwhale mode.
>faster muscle growth
>less skin looseness
>increased muscular endurance will burn more body fat.

Do you lift? You have no muscle mass so if you cut down you're not even gonna have abs show through cause they're atrophy'd. Go on a beginner routine and cut 0.5lbs per week (250 under maintenance) and follow the structure

progressive overload, proper routine, 0.5lb fat loss per week. You'll probably have some abs showing soon. Or just eat at maintenance til you bleed weight adding onto the bar and then go from there.

I was skinnyfat and gained 0.5 bulking and actually look better now with less of a belly, recompd but that was down to being 6'8 I'd imagine.

>no shoulders
>no chest
>doughy arms

What have you been doing

lel this

You need to lift. Eating healthy without lifting will lead right to being skinnyfat.

What do you mean hypertrophy based?

Are you on about just a general beginner routine, I hope you're not meaning just everything high reps.