Got my ass whooped yesterday

so yeah, I won't get into details but basically, me and some friends from college were out, it was a large group, they've invited this piece of shit I don't know very well but apparently hates me for some reason, he started picking on me hard while we were at a bar, afterwards we had a confrontation on the streets and I got beaten up in front of like two dozen people

my friends agree the guy was a fucking moron who just wanted to provoke me, but deep down i feel like they think i'm a loser and a pussy.

i really want to lift and learn how to fight now. should have done that before.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RkVX6s1duCg
m.youtube.com/watch?v=30Ix7VGRM54
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Lifting won't make you a good fighter. Lifting can help you become a good fighter if you are also training how to fight.

Should of read better. You literally just said what I did at the end of your post. Have mercy on me OP.

Learn boxing, wrestling, and bjj. Bulk. Profit.

>Should of

not op but I wonder if I can learn boxing with online tutorials at home? im too much autismo to go to the boxing gym

Please just end my life user I keep fucking up.

lifting now isn't gonna win that fight that happened in the past hombre.. don't come to my gym, we don't like girlie men who lose fights

You can't change a loss, you can only learn from it and let it motivate you. If deep down you know you're not a fighter then now you know to walk away from a similar situation in the future.

If you want to rematch him then you better be ready to beat his ass.

You can learn movement but you can't learn what it's like to take a shot and keep focused. Also impacting someone with a punch is a hell of a lot different than shadowboxing. Chances are you fuck your wrist or knuckles if you manage to hit him in the first place. JOIN A GYM

yup and you'll be about as good as other Online boxers

Obviously not, but what I plan to do is to get a grip of the basics through videos and books, and practice for a few months before I join a proper gym because, I don't want to be too embarrassing at first.

I did TKD for a few months when I was a teen and I cringe with the memories. I couldn't do shit. Fell on my ass and farted once while trying to spin kick. I don't want to go through the same shit again.

Absolutely not. Don't even bother with online martial arts "tutorials" at all. Watching people do wonky boxing shit online will only make you think you're fucking Naruto or some shit until you're getting curbstomped in a gutter due a false sense of confidence. If you're too autismo to go to the gym then you have literally no chance in a real fight, so you better get over that fast and just endure it until you're more comfortable. Learning to fight requires two people minimum, no matter what anyone tells you. Sign up for an amateur boxing class and tell the instructor you're a complete newbie. If you like it and you're learning, check out muay thai as it's actually pretty useful in a real fight. Good luck user.
>t. fighter

>homomexuals

Take up boxing. Most martial arts are pretty useless in real world applications. Or just buy a gun and shoot him.

no...watching videos and training by yourself does nothing. You'll probably waste a few months learning bad habits when you could of spent those months in a gym getting your foundation.

>watching videos on worm guard
>trying to learn an overhand right on youtube
>just watching vids for 3 months
>finally decide to go to gym
>Get grinded and armbarred by the 2 month white belt in mount.
>Get RNC in the same roll
>Should have just started going to the gym

Just go to the fucking gym. Watching videos isn't going to hide the fact that you're a newbie...just embrace it and start.

Daily reminder that no matter how much you lift a manlet fatass who's never touched a weight in his life, but trained martial arts, will literally kill you in a fight

youtube.com/watch?v=RkVX6s1duCg

bulk up and find a non meme martial arts gym. boxing, kickboxing, Judo, BJJ, MMA etc

>thinks lifting would help him with his fighting skills

You deserve to get beaten you fucking retard.

You're not a loser bro, there will always be honour in a fight , no matter if you win it or not

Just do a beginner program and join some type of martial arts. Your not a loser for sticking up for yourself.

kennet?

>what I plan to do is to get a grip of the basics through videos and books, and practice for a few months before I join a proper gym because, I don't want to be too embarrassing at first.

What kind of retarded shite am I reading?

Do you know how to box? no. Want to learn? yes. Go to a gym and get taught how to box.

Why are you ashamed of the fact that you are not good at something you have never tried before? Any trainer is going to prefer to teach a blank slate rather than have some arsehole come in going "oh I learned this on the internet" and have to undo whatever bad habits you learned.

Admit that you don't know anything, that everyone has to start someplace and get it done.

>friends
If your "friends" couldn't see you were being targeted and that it wasn't playful and help diffuse the situation, or at least help you in the fight these people are not your friends breh. They paired you together for a night of conflict hoping you would fight for their own entertainment. These sound like shitty people.

You should still go ahead with working out and learning to fight because these things are beneficial to you. There are always going to be people out there (that you don't suspect) that can kick your ass. Get Veeky Forums FOR YOU, not to get girls, not to win fights... you shouldn't plan on getting into fights, but being prepared for it is absolutely beneficial.

>there will always be honour in a fight , no matter if you win it or not
Drunken brawls are not respectable contests of honor and skill... these are mere frustrated adult tantrums and these people need to be gassed.

You were the loser. You have the heart of a winner though. You are no pussy. Good luck on your journey.

you literally can't, and if anything all you will do is develop piss poor habits that will inflate a false ego and make it even more likely to get your ass kicked

like 75% of boxing is learning how to punch and not break your wrist, and learning how to take a fucking punch and not immediately become a scared faggot

If you've got a solid jab you're in the 1% in most encounters. Solid jabs are hilariously more effective than they should be, especially against people who have rarely if ever actually been hit. Movement is second most important imo. You need to be able to not get cornered, not get some idiot brawler tackling you to the floor. Just stand back and pop.

You shouldve run instead. Street fights are not honorable nor do they prove anything, often times groups will gang up on 1 person. If you ran they wouldve talked shit about you being a coward, but you not only got your ass beat in public but have had your confidence take a severe hit as well by not trying to escapte the fight. Fighting is for idiots

>friends invited someone they know would act like a dick

They put him ahead of you, man. They wouldn't have invited him if you were important to them.

Having said that, if you cant run, fight as dirty as possible so you have an opening to run. The dirtier you fight the less likely you are to injure yourself, use weapons and go for sensitive areas. Why bother building your body if you risk losing everything to one unlucky punch or getting curbstomped by a bunch of douchebags?

btw some anons already said this but your friends are dicks, ditch them immediately

This dude is right 2bh. I do recommend taking some form of basic fight-training (boxing), but in the end it doesn't matter too much.

The best way to win is to avoid fighting at all costs. You never know what the fuck might happen in a drunk street-brawl. Maybe the dude is drunk and is feeling psycho with a broken bottle? Maybe he goes berserk and stomps your head or maims you seriously? Maybe his boys are just around the corner and when you knock him down they chimp out on you? Maybe they are gonna come find you some other time? Maybe his daddy can afford a lawyer and you somehow managed to get yourself a sentence?

It's good to know how to fight when you have no choice, but there are no winners in street fights. Your friends are pieces of shit for inviting him. Stay strong, brother.

Stop hanging out with poor people. Only degenerates that work in fast food partake in this behavior.

Alright yeah, that's a good attitude to have. Your friends probably do feel like you're a bit of a loser now, but that's just how dominance hierarchies work. Don't worry about it, it'll go, especially when you start getting bigger and good at fighting. Don't bother waiting a few months or learning shit online, go to the gym while it's still fresh in your mind exactly why you want to go - because you don't want to get harassed and beaten up without the power to do anything. If it's just being able to brawl and take care of yourself you want, take up must thai or just general boxing, and then preferably wrestling or judo too.
Use a starting strength program for a while, and then after you have done that and got all the basics down, you want to customise your workouts a bit. The exercises you should add in are 1 arm dumbbell chest press, cable fly's, full body twists, power cleans, and then finally something that targets your glutes specifically, as these are the most invaluable muscles you have in boxing or wrestling. Even more in muay Thai if you take that up. I would recommend looking at Bret Contreras' work on glute specific exercises, but I personally use barbell hip thrusts in my training

Yeah, I think this is the better discovery than he sucks at fighting. Your friends are not your friends.

DO NOT DO THIS

WATCHING AND COPYING ONLINE TUTORIALS WILL GIVE YOU WORSE RESULTS THAN A MCDOJO BECAUSE YOU CANT EVEN TELL IF YOURE DOING IT RIGHT OR NOT

>Maybe his boys are just around the corner and when you knock him down they chimp out on you?
m.youtube.com/watch?v=30Ix7VGRM54
around 1:35, WORLDSTAR!!!

>that last kick with an audible crack

Rest in pepperoni

>truly, street fighting is a noble art

Too much autismo to go to the boxing gym? What are you afraid of? Nobody gives a shit about you being a newbie. In my experience, the most skilled and badass looking guys are usually the most helpful and bro tier and they will be happy to share their knowledge with you. Usually, the biggest idiots (and I've seen only a handful during my 5 years of boxing) are these everywherebeens, everythingknows internet taught retards that try to copy their favorite "Mike Tyson TOP 10 knockouts" move and got their ass handed to them at the end. Just be nice, work hard, listen to your coach and you'll be surprised how good you will feel there. Whatsmore, boxing is a beautiful sport.

What possible reason is there for a grown ass man over 21 years of age to get into fights?

The only thing i can think of is either you're a shitty person or you hang out with shitty people, either way reconsider life

I'm 31 and never got in a fight since junior high as far as i can remember

You probably deserved it. If you can't fight, learn how to avoid fights you retard. Or sneak him if you must.

anything that involves drink/drugs is usually the cause after 21

How old are you, OP? Grown ups don't fight in the street. Sue his ass for assault and stop hanging out with friends like that.

And if you want to learn to fight, just go join a boxing gym. Get over it.

>why are there bouncers/security gaurds/cops around areas where alcohol is served?
>no one gets into fights anymore!

you live in a deluded world if you think adults don't fight.

>college kids slaps your wife's ass while both of you are in the bar
>adults don't fight, so I won't do anything about it

You know confrontations can escalate to something else, right? The bouncers aren't there just to check your ID and clothing

Why didn't you just ignore him

Faggot

>training for just a few months
>attempting a spin kick
Your instructor must have been as autistic as you

>"friends"
>watch you get beat up

You need to know better people.

>i really want to lift and learn how to fight now. should have done that before.
Should have put that at the beginning of your post so I didn't have to waste my time reading your blogpost.
I won't even tell you to read the sticky, just kys newfag for wasting my time

You don't need to learn how to fight. You just need to allow yourself to kill. Don't fight. Fighting is for pussies. Aim to kill. It's natural and you don't need training. Use your teeth, your nails, put your fingers in their eyeballs. No one can do anything against you in the court if you did not start anything.

Good way to end up in jail

I have chocked a lot of people. Never ended up in jail. Even if my country is overall shit, I can still use the international human right of self protect to stay free.

>Almost killing someone puts you in jail
>Beating the shit out of someone doesn't

where do you live? in america?

Depends, if your initiated and know the basics ( I trained with a coach 1 on 1 Muay Thai for a month 4x a week for two hours) you can hop on YouTube and try out drills and stuff. I do agree that you need to get hit otherwise you'll never stand a chance.

You forgot your
>Nothing personal kid

Should I take up Karate and Boxing? Or just boxing?

Is Karate a meme

Just one. No karate is not a meme

Muay Thai and bjj are the meta for mma

OP you did the right thing.
Imagine if you had punched this faggot in the face? What if he'd gone KO and hit the ground, skull first? Now his brain is fucked after you landed a Goku punch on his face. A Veeky Forumsizen might have been able to take it, but this little pencil neck twerp hyena fuck has the neck of, well a pencil. WEE OOO WEEE OOO! Oh look it's the police, here to arrest... You. Ten years in a maximum security prison.
"You're welcome" says the cunt, sitting in a wheelchair, testifying against you in court. All of your friends now look at you like you're a monster, and maybe you are one? ... Make sure to check out Shot Caller, starring Nikolaj Coster Waldau at theater near you.

personnel*

Positive energy friend. We all win some. Try close wuarter combat, wrestling and throws. Plus they are fun :>

Nothing to be ashamed of user, as long as you went down swinging.

Go to a gym for whatever martial art you want to learn AND watch YouTube/read about said martial art. I came into wrestling/bjj with no experience when I started at 15 but I went to practice AND did my research in my free time. Now I wreck most of the people doing it since they were 7 and higher belt.Showing up is half the battle the rest is what you put in outside the gym. You lose fights in life, get up and try again. My only regret is not learning a striking art sooner.

You only need pankration

DON'T DO KARATE
Karate is fucking worthless, go find a decent Muay Thai or Boxing gym and start training as soon as you can. Do a beginners strength training routine, start Muay Thai and next time you see him knee him in his head until he falls down.