Why is doing a pushup when you weight 65kg easier than benching 65kg?

Why is doing a pushup when you weight 65kg easier than benching 65kg?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angle
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torque
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What are angles?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angle

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torque

your feet are on the floor, try only with your arms

you don't push up 65 kg because your feet support you, too. You push up about the half of it

you only lift about 70% of that weight and the motion is different alltogether.

Because PHYSICS.

Try doing a hand-stand against a wall and tell me it's easy to go up and down.

You beat me to it

it's way easier that OHPing your bodyweight

>being this retarded

then remove the wall

If I did a push up with my hands on a scale, would the scale show the weight I'm pushing?

idk, you can try it and then try doing calf raises and see if it affects the scale.

>LOOK MOM I'M PRETENDING TO BE A RETARD ON Veeky Forums XDDDDDDDDDDDD

I can do like 5 push ups, I weigh 200lb

My bench for 5x5 is at 95lb.

on the other hand Free HSPU require more than just strength

still easier than OHP with the same amount of weight, just tricky to maintain balance

Check this graph out

*What are vectors

Not only do you NOT pushup your whole weight, but I think you'll find that benching is just a better strategy in the long run.

requires a lot of shoulder flexion. And people who only lift weights are the most inflexible people in the world.

imagine being this retarded

>I think you'll find that benching is just a better strategy in the long run
>your pecs are intelligent and can tell if they're lifting bodyweight or iron, and they just respond better to iron ;^)

pushups are fucking useless, they're good starting point for some fatass or auschwitz mode skeleton, but once you can do like 20 in a row, they won't give you any more size, just endurance

well, the rom of handstand pushups on the floor is much less than that of OHP. That would be a factor.

let me see you do 5 pseudo planche push ups (which are still easy)

I don't need to do any autistic muh stabilization shit, bench press works for me perfectly

Because a pushup while weighing 65kg would only be equivalent to benching about 43kg

The same reason why opening a door is easier than pushing a hingeless door out of your way.

You're not lifting your entire bodyweight when you pushup, only like 50% of it, and it's evenly distributed so that your core is also engaged.

it's not difficult to push a hingeless door in 0 gravity

pull up would be the better question, because I mean you have to lift all that weight right?