do these actually produce results or are they just a meme

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augustus_II_the_Strong
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes

I asked two questions

It's both also most people use them incorrectly

This isn't me don't trust him.

well im thinking of buying one and want to know whether its worth it. How would you use this incorrectly you literally just squeeze it

so do they actually do anything or no??

Great thanks Veeky Forums

Not sure but my mate had one once

The problem with this is that you can't increase it's resistance, only the number of reps, so I think it's useful but just to a certain point (and only if you don't lift, I don't think a person who already lifts 3+ times a week with decent- heavy weights would have any result with that thing).

invest in the heavy grips or captains of cock grippers those two brands have a lot of options for resistance. In order for them to be effective you need to get a resistance where you can only fully squeeze about 5 times per set and move up the reps per set until you can do >10 then you move on to the next resistance and so on.

yes, they work

i have a friend that used to squeeze my hand when we did a handshake, he doenst anymore

get one of the adjustable ones, they cheap so just go for it

i started with an adjustable one and broke it before moving on to some heavy metal ones.
bretty gud.

>seeing this thread while I have these in my hands

It depends on what you're looking to accomplish. It helps with grip strength but in my experience they aren't effective for forearm hypertrophy. If you want big forearms do wrist curls with dumbbells

There is a captain of crush grip level where if you can close it completely you will have the strength to crush an apple with your hand

>mfw

There are grippers of different force levels. Buy a set so as you groe out of one, you can graduate to the next. Then have fun with your 350lb grip strength. Crush apples, pinch a tiddy, and squeeze yourself a glass of fresh orange juice.

>crushing apples
That sounds awesome.

Effective for crushing strength gains. Not great at pinch strength or hanging strength. Crushing strength is mostly hand muscles and not much forearm, so yes they're effective for a stronger grip but not for growing forearms. Fun though.

Don't use your thumb

Theyre great for squeeze strength, like crushing strength. There is way more to hand strength though, dont believe me? Test your might at a rock climbing gym, it will definately display youe deficiencies in short order. Its taken a long time but i can about crush the CoC 250lb gripper. Can be a very translatory skillset if you work with your hands daily. If youre in the market get ones that are name brand like Captains of Crush theyll be consistent and will not wear out and get easier (giving the illusion of getting stronger). For more grip fun check out the Ironmind website and youtube channel for the hands of steel grip challenges. Very cool stuff including the rolling thunder and pinch pin.

Would these improve my grip on deadlifts and rows?

Doing deadlifts and rows will increase your grip strength on deadlifts and rows

Will these make my wrists bigger? It's the one thing I'm severely lacking

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augustus_II_the_Strong
>ywn have that grip strength

>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augustus_II_the_Strong

>August was 1.76 meters (5’ 9½”) tall, above average height for that time, but despite his extraordinary physical strength, he did not look big. In his final years he suffered from diabetes mellitus and became obese, at his death weighing some 110 kg (242 lbs).

solid bulk

For those who won't open the link:
>Augustus' great physical strength earned him the nicknames "the Strong", "the Saxon Hercules" and "Iron-Hand". He liked to show that he lived up to his name by breaking horseshoes with his bare hands and engaging in fox tossing by holding the end of his sling with just one finger while two of the strongest men in his court held the other end.

If you want good grip strength get a manual labour job

You can get much stronger ones user.

>not knowing about grip training
DYEL

Dont you get problems by only training the flexors but not the extensors?

Nothing will make your wrists bigger, but they might make your forearms marginally larger.
If you are going to purchase hand grippers, don't get the shitty ones in OP's picture but the adjustable ones up to 90lbs. After that, move on to CoC.

Very few people have 350 lb crush grip thats like c&c 3.5 or something literally elite level. even that is not even close to enough to "crush" an apple. you can split an apple with far less crush strength if thats what you are talking about

You can buy an ivanko gripper for 30$ on amazon which is adjustable from 25 to 345 lb...

Maybe, lol who even knows. What is life my man, buddeh I tell you hwhat

Which one is that? Ivanko has two listed but I can't tell if there's any major difference between the two or not.