/Fat/ General - sunday is cheat day so no thread edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
It's for /fat/bros who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions.

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage.
calculator.net/body-fat-calculator.html

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure.)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week.
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones.
myfitnesspal.com

OLD THREAD

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3ZMshAtXBOc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

4 days ago: 91.8
3 days ago: 90.8kg
2 days ago: 89.9kg
Yesterday: 90kg
What
The
Fuck

I ate at maintenance for 3 days last week and suddenly my weight loss exploded again. But I haven't been doing anything crazy since then, just eating 1300cal and walking / lifting. It's this just metabolism?

poop

water weight and natural fluctuations
are you weighing yourself at the exact same time every day?

That seems like a lotta poop.

Roughly. I weigh in after working out, which is usually around 7pm. In the weekends it's a bit earlier, though, like 3 or 4pm.

I also hit the sauna before it, so I assume I'm a bit lower in water content than would be normal, but again that should be fairly consistent between days (I'd think).

I always weigh myself in the morning, after I take a shit and before I drink water

that's natural.

My person weight loss is i will lose a shit ton, then for a couple days go back up and then lose a shit ton again more. It's the most demotivational shit in the middle of the going up but great when you hit those going down days which is around every 3 weeks for me.

been able to go from 320 to 229 and still dropping but i still feel like i look like anime pro man

I can relate too, I went from 320, to 295. I feel exactly the same. But your weight loss is more impressive. Keep it up

Confess.

Been at 1500 calories for a week now. Hunger pains are quite real but having meals at the exact same time everyday is the key. In time I'll adjust.

Sometimes I swipe a finger through a jar of peanut butter and eat it.

Can someone please explain water weight, it's the first thing to lose so in the first week(s) you lose the most weight right? Is there a way to estimate how much of the weight loss is water. And wouldn't the water weight continuously come back or is it always a percentage of all weight loss?

I had bacon and cheese toasties and half of a V energy drink this morning.
I plan to walk around the city during my lunch hour to atone.

I took a week off, but I feel more motivated now and managed to maintain during that week. Arranged swimming lessons and a started the stronglifts program

I fucked up a couple times in the last week or two.

I ended up only losing 5 pounds in July. My monthly goal is 8+ pounds.

I lost 1.4lbs in the last week, so that's below my goal too.

I really need to go to the gym more (at all) but it's a hard habit for my lazy ass to get into

It does come and go, which is the reason people advise you to not put too much stock into a single weigh in. Heavy exercise and diuretics tend to deplete it, high sodium intake, women's' menstrual cycles, and certain foods make you retain more of it than normal. Water is the biggest component of "fake" weight fluctuation along with things like hair, food/poop, and your clothing that mess with the number you see on the scale.

Today was a good day
I recently passed the 100lbs lost mark and decided to go into my closet and find clothes that I had shoved to the back that were too small
found a pair of size 44 pants I hadn't worn in years(used to be a size 52) and they fit me nicely
also found a bunch of 2X shirts to replace my 3X that have gotten too big for me
I'm glad i decided to just be lazy and shove shit in my closet rather than throwing them away

anyone else have any similar stories?

pic unrelated

I wonder what is the statistics of fatties who started because of /fat/ already made it.

> tfw i made it because of /fat/

i didnt took progress pics because i didnt believe i was going to be able to make it :(

i did the same, when i was at my heaviest i didn't take any pictures and avoided cameras when I went out with family/friends

finally fit into xl shirts after being 3xl since i was like 16
just about fit into my jeans which haven't fit me since i starved myself down 100 pounds when i was 17
someone assumed i wasn't a virgin when they were talking to me, either they were being polite or my normie disguise is improving

>3xl since I was like 16

Ok.

>starved myself down to 100 pounds when I was 17

Wait, what?

>someone assumed i wasn't a virgin when they were talking to me, either they were being polite or my normie disguise is improving

sounds like you've made it user

While I took photos, I still regret not taking a full shot of myself at max. I was too scared of seeing myself in full.

I've lost 148 lbs, but I still haven't made it yet.

You can fake progress pics so you can kind of have a snapshot of what you used to look like. For one day, eat lots of salt and drink lots of water.

idk man I think it's like the aging process. do you feel / look older now than you did 3 months ago? now look at a pic of you from 5 years ago. you definitely look older.

I use anime as motivation

do you want airplane-takeoff-sounding boxing punches
do you want to better yourself for dragon loli waifus
do you want to be nazi cyborg swole

2nd one desu senpai

Went to Garden of Glass with my family this weekend and pigged the fuck out.

>Chik-fil-a on the road
>Calamari soup, Sicilian steak, and side pasta at Cunetto's
>Two plates at the country club brunch buffet, mostly eggs benedict and lobster mac n cheese

Still somehow broke my mile PR after spending all day driving home.

good answer

I really lift for Taiga though

>do it for him

Why is this shit allowed?

Am I skinnyfat or just fat fat?

>I lost 50 pounds for this

Skinny fat. Lift moar

What app is that?

I'm new to this board. I'm tired of being a fat fuck. I used to be really skinny when I was a kid, used to exercise 3 hours a day.. but then I broke my ankle, learned what Nintendo was and started gaining weight.. that was about 13 years ago.. and I don't want to be this fat fuck anymore.

Any tips?

Excel.

I put my weight in MFP but I prefer to see overall trends rather than day to day or week to week trends

Exercise is like 10-20% of weight loss. You are fat because you eat unhealthy shit.

Do some research into healthy foods you like and you'll be better off in the long run.

Pic related is the best tip I can give you overall, but I'll post some other stuff I came up with or found along the way that helped me.

Eat a lot of protein and you'll feel fuller longer.

The staples are chicken and fish for a reason.

Pic related is what I eat on pretty much a daily basis.

we're gonna make it

Any fatter than me?
End of day weight is about 161 for past 2 days, this was taken last week.

261 not 161... you know what I meant.

I spent 14 bucks on 6 meals. I still have rice and broccoli left over, I just didn't have enough space in my pots to cook it all.

We all gonna make it brahs.

For some reason, I just can't meal prep days in advance. I have to make what I'm going to eat for the day in a large batch. When I get home from school I just put the appropriate portion in the oven and eat.

I'm about the same as you. Before I saw the correction I was thinking how remarkably similar we look given the 100lb difference

Fat fucks

This is what I was 4 years ago, and goal body now.

t-thanks

oats for breakfast. Then these for lunch and dinner. An hour cooking and 14 bucks for 3 days of gains and good food. It's pretty useful if you do it right. My problem is that if I cook "one" meal, it ends up being 1.5-2 meals. So I over eat it and then don't have enough left over for a full meal the next time to eat. Meal prep forces me to stick to the less than 1k cals per meal.

Are you short? My gyno wasn't that bad even when I was 300lbs.

Keep up the work and you'll make it

I've gone from 315 to 245, and yet still look like a fat piece of shit. It doesn't help that I have gyno.

literally a breath away from binging please onvince me not to please god

I went out with friends last night and put away an enormous burger and fries, chased by a brownie and ice cream, then a couple of beers and ale

Told myself nice, time to atone, then visiting family brought corky's bbq and i HAD to but I didn't

Ate shit on my shift, barely restrained myself from snacking on every goddamn pastry; just yesterday morning you couldn't tear me down, first semblance of abs, some definition in my arms, less thigh jiggle when I run, signs of vascularity in my forearms..why does my mindset cave.so easily and all of my progress mentally turn on the dime

end of diary but goddamn when can i just occupying every second of my mind with what I've eaten and will eat

I hate microwaving food and reheating in the oven takes almost as long, so I just make it fresh daily

Breakfast: Eggs and a meat
Lunch: Oatmeal and yogurt
Dinner: Chicken, broccoli and rice.

It's easy, cheap and quick

it's easiest if you just remove the temptation

don't buy the unhealthy shit in the first place

I'm like you. If there's one of my binge foods (potato chips, peanut butter, etc) I'll binge on it in a second

Get a mini oven and set it to turbo. It's so fucking quick brah.

wheat gives me cramps, bloating and the squirts, so the only carbs I eat are in tubers. I eat pic related for breakfast instead. I take the yolks out and leave 1 or 2 depending on the day so I don't fuck over my cholesterol, sometimes I slice up some potatoes and eat it with brocc so I'm not eating the same thing every day.

Because you don't meditate and you haven't meditated while on a fast to train yourself not to give a shit about food.

This is how you get over your sick addiction.

Yeah, 5'8''
And I had gyno in highschool before I even got fat, it actually lead to me becoming a fatass because I was embarrassed. No excuse though, I dropped weight joined army and became (still had gyno, but wasn't as bad as now), but then I got out and took a huge shit on myself.
Gyno came back twice as hard.
I like to heat the oven when I get home and if I get hungry throw foiled leftovers in. If I don't I just turn it off. But yeah, eating fresh is still best.

Trying to reach Captain Mushi level myself
youtube.com/watch?v=3ZMshAtXBOc

These guys are the best bros

Y-you too.

Fat since childhood here (thanks Keebler). I can feel some pretty big muscles underneath my fat, it's just a matter of digging them out.

Go and jack off first.

checking in again. i officially hit 50 lbs lost the other day and i just want to say again i would not have come this far if not for these threads. i've had a lot of adversity come my way so far on the path to better health, as i know you guys have. but stick with it. we're all going to make it. if you guys have been here for months and you're still at it and progressing, major fucking respect to you. i'm with ya.

She will fuck the guy you dislike and deem inferior to yourself if you do it.

322 today, V7lbs from yesterday, V3lbs from start. Skipped the oats and salmon today, salad only.

3.4mi on treadmill today, 10mi total over last 3 days.

How did you manage to actually start to take action? I'm 18, 1m77 for 105kgs and I want to lose weight. I know what to do, and I try to but for example when it's time to hit the gym, it's almost always at the perfect moment I can do it I become lazy and later regret that and hate myself more. I also try to regulate my alimentation. I cook for myself when I can, but I always end up eating a lot, like if there was a hole in my stomach I was trying to fill. At least i'm not filling it with candies and shit since I don't buy those anymore, but with Apples.
I need some help

The answer is just fucking do it. You're thinking about fitness right now, look up some body weight exercises and do them. Drink some water while you're at it. Like anything else eating right and exercising gets easier as you do it and harder if you get obsessive and perfectionistic about it.

Get my fitness pal, put in your info, tell it how much you want to lose, and stick to the calorie goal it gives you.

You will lose weight.

If going to the gym is difficult, don't worry. Walk 10k steps a day, you will lose weight.

I'm a 31 year old kissless virgin. I waited a very long time to start doing this. Don't make my mistake, buddy. You can do it.

Is it a good idea to lift while trying to lose weight? There are some weeks where I will increase my lifts, but because of that the scale says I weigh the same.

A lot of what goes on in these threads is an issue with self control not being strong enough to overcome physical and mental difficulties. I said it before but meditating helps so much with focus, attention, and dissasociating yourself from your thoughts. If you can't sit down for five minutes of your day and meditate there is something horribly wrong and a whole series of self defense mechanisms rear their heads that you need to deal with. When you meditate you simply focus on your breath for a set amount of time. It takes no money and all you need is a timer. Which you have because you are on an electronic device. When you focus on your breath thoughts will come into your mind and distract you. The most important part is to eventually realize you aren't focusing on your breath and return to it. This happens over and over and over again. This act of realization and the shift in your mind to go back to breathing is what strengthens your mind for more difficult tasks. Like when your stomach growled just now because it's hungry but you ate your caloric amount for the day. Or when you get really upset at something or someone. Any of these outside or internal stimuli need your attention for them to be acted upon. But you will start training yourself to not act so brashly. To think for a second and disconnect yourself from the moment you are currently in. Hey I don't need to eat. Hey I don't need to be upset. These things do not help me. And you move on. You do not need motivation to do something. You need to set habits that are easier than the alternative bad one. For example, say you need to study or go work out but you just want to be a lazy piece of shit. Well do something much easier first. Go wash the dishes or pick up your room. Then move onto something else. Take a shower, do some studying. Then move to the hardest things now that you have momentum. Or say to get rid of a soda habit, replace your sodas with topo Chico or some other sparkling water.

Yes, but your goal is to lose fat, not literally to way less, right?

Building muscle helps burn fat. You have a lot of extra fat, you won't build anywhere near the amount of muscle compared to the amount of extra fat you have.

I know seeing the number on the scale go down feels good, but it isn't actually the most important part. Lift. You want to look good when that fat is gone.

It's the same fizz. It's the same can. It's the same habit in everything but the calories, fake sugars, and the sugary taste. Some waters even have a splash of a flavor. Oh the caffeine is lacking? Switch to black coffee? Black coffee isn't your thing yet? Add some milk to it and slowly reduce the amount. Is it too hot? Add some tap water to it and cool it down. Do what makes the good habit easier than the bad one. Is your lifting program difficult or too long and that's a turn off? Find a shorter one. Don't like running fast? Go for an hour walk. Hate wasting time walking? Do HIIT. Find out what makes it easier for you. Eventually these habits become so ingrained it's hard to ever look back or do an old one. If you need motivating then you need goals. Goals help you instantly visualize motivation. Every action you do either is a step forward or step back from that goal. You want to lift heavier? Then go fucking do it, time is ticking. You want to lose weight? Then cut out that bad shit, because every calorie over your tdee is a step backwards. You can look up motivating speeches online and they can sometimes help spark that. But just like convincing someone to get treatment or even this situation that I'm typing right now. It's your choice. I can only do so much to help you. I can only lead you to water. I can't make you drink. I can't be there for you to help when you're sad or lack motivation. I can tell you we all believe in you bro, but that only gets so far. Will you remember the user that type tldr at you six months from now? I doubt it. But I hope you let what I say have time to digest. You need to be better. And that is only your choice alone. No one else can make these choices on your life journey.

>goals help you instantly visualize motivation

This.

One of the reasons I'm finding losing weight easy this time compared to all the other times I've failed ,is that I have
very clear goals that are more than "be less fat"

Be less fat was my goal when I failed, because it didn't fucking mean anything. Now, I know I want to get off medication. I know I want to get my bf% low enough to get rid of my moobs. And that wasn't enough, I have exercise goals. I want to climb a mountain. Now every step I take on a walk is for a reason beyond being healthy.

Everyone here: give yourself some real goals.

>undies falling off
>last month had a big ass cheat meal
>did it again
will be back on track though. I had a booogie tier cheat meal once a month

>"meat"balls

sup papa. i've been on vacation for a four days now. two more days to go. SO MUCH BREAD AND SUGAR AND FRIED FOOD.

God have mercy on my soul.

I taped this stupid list to my wall next to my mirror so that I am reminded every fucking day when I get dressed what I have to do.

>lern 2 spel
add that too lad

Straight, yeah I know. But now that's a fucking reminder too.

Law school is a mistake. Turn back now.

Same user you replied to here.
I do want to build muscle and lose fat. And I've been going to the gym since March, so I can feel the muscle. I just wish that I could actually see it. Fucking gyno.

its also peaceful bro, only one "l"

If you want to get rid of moobs, you're going to want a low body fat percent. And if you want that, you absolutely want to build muscle so that you can show that off.

You're doing fine, dawg.

lord please forgive me I had 2 racks of ribs with coleslaw and potato salad while visiting my family in michigan

>went from 354 to 179

the feeling is still here, sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night just to see if it was all about a dream

Help, I can't stop binge eating and it's ruining my life. I have no self control and I hate myself

Go to therapy. You aren't going to just motivate yourself using advice from a Chinese cartoon board to fix your shit, you need help.

Did you read any of the thread before you posted?

Holy shit, my daily weight is weird... After my "honeymoon period" of about a month stopped, where the pounds just kept dropping, i noticed it: i would lose 2 pounds over one or two days, gain it back over roughly double that time then make another big drop after that. I always weigh myself after my morning toilet, always naked (right before taking a shower), and generally try to keep conditions as consistent as possible. I know daily weight can fluctuate but this is ridiculous. is there something i can do to smooth it out? Or is this just the way it is?
>inb4 stop weighing daily

Well, I've done well so far, going from 315 to 245. I still have to deal with buying XXL shirts, though.

Also, I'm hoping to be in my best shape in a couple months.

>How did you manage to actually start to take action?
I was just fed up with being fat

It seems to just happen like that. If it makes you feel better you could use an app that shows weightloss in trends rather than all the ups and downs. Water and sodium intake are going to cause fluctuations daily, also whether or not you exercised the day before

>tfw went from 250 to 230 at 6'1'' in 3 weeks on Keto and IF but still feel like a fat piece of waste and will continue to do so until I am under 200.

Not really counting calories too hard but I probably average 1500 a day and I have been exclusively eating buffalo wild wings and spinach.

Nah dude, i wasn't looking for a way to represent it smoothly, i was asking to smooth out my actual weight. Though you did indirectly answer that too, so thanks for that
>tfw started at 210 feeling like a fat fuck, down to 192 and still feel like a fat fuck
You got a long road ahead of you, don't give up. We're all gonna make it
>pic related. Total progress from 7 weeks, average loss of ~1.5 pounds per week

>pic related
wow i'm retarded

>have cheat day and go out drinking 800 negative calories as a headstart
>have Chinese food and weed
>scales this morning
>gained 12 lbs in less than 24 hours

Alright, back to 1000 cals of exercise a day for you body.

yea I would suggest to try to completely cut out those substances. Today was day 2 of no weed for me and it fucking sucks when youre addicted but it needs to be done.

THICC