Are there any fitness apps that should exist but don't? What would you like to see in a fitness app?

Are there any fitness apps that should exist but don't? What would you like to see in a fitness app?

Everything fitnotes has + being Free and Opensource + Including templates for the most common routines (5/3/1, starting strength, sl, TM, etc etc)

If you make this I will donate $50

if you wanna make money off of it you'd have to make it normie accessible and hated by all of Veeky Forums, do something with crossfit

An all which tells me when my gym is empty

>fitness apps

every time I hear those words it is spoken by a obese woman.

actually a good idea

An app that checks your posts for retarded, easily corrected spelling and grammar mistakes.

Free software I can do, do you use fdroid?
I don't expect to make money, but I aim to get experience.

yes i use f-droid

I want to make my own (Everything fitnotes has + being Free and Opensource + Including templates for the most common routines) but I don't know anything about android development.

I am considering trying to do it with Scala.

An App that tells me how many more pounds it'll take before I have a gf.

my god the shite go for nowadays.
wii fit, fitness apps, step counters in phones, watches and toasters, balance wristbands and so on.
what happened to fucking getting up of your ass and just move with out piling the crap merchandise which you end up breaking or throwing away in the end.
fucking pisses me off.

Progression app on Android is everything you need

One rep max calculator. Ability to plot working sets and reps based off of % one rep max(85% for 5, 65% for 10, etc). Ability to copy and paste lifts. Built in volume tracking, and ability to add or subtract % values to total volume.

Probably 500,000£ more.

STILL NOT ASKING FOR IT

The strongur app for android, or the sheiko app with full non-root routine modification (# of days, # of weeks, custom exercise names, custom percents, more rep ranges, rest periods added into the interface), huge bonus points for the ability to share routines online using the app and easy to use interface so you don't have to spend 2 hours creating a more than 12 week program. Currently the Sheiko app is excellently made for doing an existing sheiko program, but you barely have any freedom to add programs to the app unless you unpack the APK and modify the programs with notepad++. It's infinitely better than using a spreadsheet for any program though because once you have it set it's super easy to modify the program and all you do is lift the set then hit next, all the weights and everything are laid out for you perfectly.

Not OP but i will try to make an android app using Scala and hopefully you faggots contribute too

I'd be happy to contribute but I've never coded anything Android. I can however provide a lot of ideas.

>scala
Not worth it my friend, make it java or kotlin and I'll contribute.

if you google your gym it will give you its "peak hours", a guess on what times it will be most full throughout the day.

I asked on /g/ and he said:
It runs on the JVM so you can call a lot of the Java Android libraries that you need. It also uses functional programming paradigm which can be nice once you get used to it.

Programming in Scala 3rd edition is generally the go-to resource for learning it.

No one on /g/ actually works.
Just use Java, everything else is just a waste of your own time.
You will be using enough of that, no need to throw away further of it to have some gay swag programming paradigma that noone actually uses.

Unless you do it purely for education, then yes sure go ahead.

i don't know how to use java.

This sounds great

That's the thing: you don't need to. It's the easiest of all high level programming languages and extremely easy to pick up and do stuff in.

Also add in a stopwatch that doesn't let the screen turn off. Fitnotes doesn't have one, and the default android stopwatch app lets the screen turn off, making it a hassle to use.

Also allow routines to be made using to stopwatch, to make things like Couch to 5k where you're exercising based on time something you can build a program for. It'll just cycle through the routine, and vibrate/make a noise at the end of each stopwatch time.

Dude of you have to ask /g/ for help you shouldn't be biting off more than you can chew like this.

Biting off more than you can chew is how you best learn.

Choose a project totally out of reach for you and keep working on it, for years if need be.

One that can analyse the structure of my body and genetic flaws,
Then subtly compliments the things I can't change while berating me on the things I can.

>Wow user your dick is soo big
>Those calves are lookin tight
>Your insertions really complement your build
>Git gud you fucking bronze shitter, hideous bi-tri symmetry
>How do you manage to even lift your arm with THOSE deltoids?

Maybe if it could suck my dick as well, if I make enough gains, but that might be a bit tooo farfetched.

honestly this is the average sort of girl i wish i had been having one night stands with in college

nothing really noteworthy about her but it would be a good night of feeling like you're normal. i'd almost rather bang her than someone objectively prettier because at that point you're like "ok you're banging me but you're out of my league, what's your angle"

with this girl you're like "ok shes just horny like me, we're both average. cool"

anyway whats this thread about?

Honestly, they just need to add more customisation options to Stronglifts. The app is fucking great.

what maccas is that

This. Make it pretty and idiot-proof like SL, but make it for a decent program like GSLP or Metallicadpa's PPL

get the number of your gym and call there before going "hey, is the gym packed right now?" "oh, okay, thanks"

Google literally does this

An app with a turnable 3D model of the human body, with muscle groups coloured differently. Tapping on a muscle would bring up a list of exercises that engage that muscle. The advanced version of the app would include gifs displaying the proper way to do those exercises. I think this app would be very useful for beginners and normies who have difficulty because they don't know what kind of exercises to do.

underrated post

an app that lets me reserve power racks

I just want to put in my weekly routine and progression, then record the weightxreps I achieved.

I use a generic notes app because every app just has checks and cooldown timers and a ton of useless bullshit

Make the Shazam of Manlets. You take a picture of someone and it does some AI to determine if they are a manlet. Make sure it overlays the picture with measurements so you can shame the person on social media. Call it Shazmanlet.

Fucking genius.

That requires socializing though

This is a thing but the founder is a fucking idiot so it'll never take off.

lol everytime i go to gym i check in google if its full or not. sometimes is not really true tough. a relyable up will be great

pretty much all gyms have the same peak hours, 5-9 on weekdays. Past 11 is dead if it's 24/7, 2 hours from closing it should be dead, as well

if its 24/7 how till how early in the morning do you have before the people start coming

FitNotes is exactly what you're looking for

Actually a good idea

This app idea might be a bit far fetched but maybe a kind of video recording app that you film yourself doing exercises, and it critiques your form and too quick or too slow.

An app that reminds you of what a garbage human being you are to motivate you to go to the gym or workout harder.

lovely

its not useful for a general peak hours thing becos everyone knows what those are.
maybe if it gave you exact numbers