Gains without right pec

So I'm 6'1 and 135, looking to tone up my body, but I was born without a right pectoralis major muscle. The doc told me it's called Poland Syndrome, so Veeky Forums might not be the best place to ask for advice.
In your fit opinion, what would be the best exercises to develop my arms and chest area considering I'm a one tit wonder?

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/theonepecwonder/?hl=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Find someone without his left pec and bench together.

im a retard who just started user but dumbells might be the way to go

any two handed pressing movements that aren't directly overhead are out for obvious reasons, you should still be able to do most exercises other than bench semi normally

hit just your triceps with a shit ton of isolation volume, hit your pec with some pec deck flyes, and do some one armed DB benching too (maybe hold a rack with one arm for stability so you don't flip over)

So can you not move that arm inwards at all?

what the fuck am i looking at, are you ok bro?

No excuses, you can still deadlift squat and row and overhead press

Thanks for making me chuckle
I'm able to google a lot of the terms, but is there some site I can check to learn more?
Nah it works fine, I can do pushups and lift shit it just hurts my right arm more than the usual "my arm is sore after a workout" kind of feeling

It's an image I found online, but yeah I'm good.

I would honestly steer away from any serious hypertrophy if you care about looks. The more your single pec grows, the more lopsided and weird you'll look. You can make fair gains without gaining a lot of mass.

instagram.com/theonepecwonder/?hl=en

I met a dude in the marines who had the same thing who was pretty built, and he didn't look that strange to me.
But to be fair I'm not trying to buff up, I'm more trying to develop a bit of muscle and get to a healthier weight for my height

fuck off DYEL

if you have one pec instead of two, you might as well make your one pec huge
exrx for exercises

I would totally ignore chest as much as possible to be honest

Let them stay flat, and focus on shoulders, back and arms a lot.

If you're doing this for looks; symmetry beats everything else. In a choice between symmetrically flat or asymmetrical but one large the symmetry wins.

My right pec is cut as in there is dent in it. You and I, we both gonna make it.

become this man

I'm not doing it for looks, I want to develop a decent amount of muscle so when I get older I'm not a corpse with atrophied shit.
Plus even though I don't have much muscle you can definitely tell the left side is bigger than the right, my GF and I are cool with that so even if it became more pronounced I don't think I'd care

I believe in you man, I'm starting later but I'll make it with ya

Thank you my man, I appreciate the help

Just hold on a second, what exactly are your limitations since you don't have that muscle?

I'm trying to wrap my brain around how you can even move your arm correctly, let alone lift.

What exactly does lacking that muscle mean for you?

I was moving a few years ago and picked up a heavy box the wrong way (back, not legs) and damaged my shoulder. I went to a physical therapist and they described it as "since you're missing this muscle your other muscles tried to compensate for it and they weren't prepared", after a few months of shoulder exercises they told me to do I felt better.
I'm mainly trying to figure out what I'm capable of without damaging my body

You are not 6'1 you lying manlet
If you were you would be skin and bones at that weight
Fucking manlets I swear to God when will you learn?

Do you feel noticeably weaker with your right arm?

I am skin and bones, my GF calls me skeletor and I call my dick greyskull

Yeah, I've never really been fit in my life so I don't know how lighter weights feel when you get stronger, but it just feels a bit easier to lift things with my left arm than my right

Ultimately, I think you're just going to have to test your limits, then.

We can try to give you advice, but I don't think any of us really know exactly what this all entails for you. Since you mentioned that pic related isn't you, I don't even know what your general fitness level even is.

My advice would be to just do a normal workout like everyone else in your position would do, but to be very, very fucking careful with your chest. If you're not keen on the idea that some of the others are fielding (To just ignore your chest.), I would suggest you find a... I'm drawing a blank on what they're even called right now, but there are benches with safety rigging built in. I'd strongly suggest you use one of those to test your limits on a low weight, and never go above a relatively low to middle-low weight. If you don't care about symmetry, I suppose there are exercises that can target one pec at a time, but as before I'm drawing a blank because I don't know what to do with your body type.

Really think you should consult someone with more professional knowledge on this than us.

Go Tra Telligman style

Ok, thank you for the help, and I'm glad you didn't bullshit me

Well, as you can see from the images in the thread it's definitely possible to get pretty fucking jacked with your issue, I just personally don't know what advice I can properly give other than that if this has been an obstacle to you to even start getting into fitness, I would just start a normal workout you can find in the sticky and simply choose to be much more tentative about chest exercises.

There's no reason at all you should be frightened of squats and such though.

Damn he honestly looks good considering the condition. Looks more like he suffered a war injury

well if you can do chest excercises without pain or horrible imbalacing of the weight, just ignore your left pec aesthetically. theres some pics in the thread of good looking guys with one pec, its obvious but it really doesnt matter in the end aesthetically

Just do regular routines without any presses such as bench and ohp cuz u will overbuild one side and that can fuck you more than current situation.

Do normall back and leg exercises, tons of arms and for shoulders only single arm isolations exercises which dont use upper pec.

U dont neee chest to look good, see oly lifters they hardly train chest.

Keep your shirt on

Couldn't he just get an implant to fill in the bottom pec a little?

I dated a guy with that. He was skinny so it didnt show much. It didnt seem like an issue.

Underrated post. This deserves more (you)'s.

Get a sick tatoo on the nonexistent oec

Unironically

Can you get a pec transplant? Is that a thing?

That would be so cute to see

This is genius

I wonder if inclines would be an option for you since it incorporates more of your deltoid and upper pec (I'm not sure if you completely lack all of it since this pics all seem to have a top portion somewhat).

You can already do tricep and shoulder exercises and work on a beast left hand one arm pushup.

Hey man, don't have my left pec due to surgery. I started doing olympic weightlifting instead of powerlifting - not sure if you're into doing a sport or just bodybuilding. But I've had a lot of fun with it, and it doesn't require a pec.