Is it possible to achieve a body like pic related using only machines or exercises that do not require any free weights?

Is it possible to achieve a body like pic related using only machines or exercises that do not require any free weights?

Don't know. Don't care. The free weights won't kill you, stop being a pussy. What are you afraid of?

Yes more than possible, it might even be optimal. But most gyms I've ever been at have shit machines.

Chances are your gym's machines are also shit but as a beginner you wouldn't know.

So train with free weights and cables until you get to a point where you can tell whether the machines you have access to will serve your needs.

he's not natural, this would take the average dude 3-5 years of hard work

Please do not have more than 10% of your work put into machines

If you're a beginner, visit a physio for christ's sake
Don't get advice from this board concerning what's "best" for you
Only after an examination something like that can be estimated

Just curious if it's possible. You hear about how free weights are the best thing ever, but I don't get why machines are bad.

How do you tell the difference? What should you look for?

Free weights tend to work you more because you will be using way more muscle groups to support both yourself and the weights while using them. Machines isolate specific areas, because that's what they are intended to do. So, for example if you have a free weights only routine that works all the areas you want to work, it'd be much more productive and efficient than a machine routine that does the same.

To be fair, ronaldo is well known for his insane commitment to training and diet. I'm sure he takes some stuff (if you're a pro athlete you would do anything to get an edge on your opponent), but he seems mostly natural to me.

So in that case would a workout regime that incorporates both free weights and machines be the best option?

Not OP but I had a shoulder operation and recovery has been a bitch. I am squatting with the smith machine because I can't bent my shoulder enough to support the weight while squatting. Machines is all I do except free weights for arms

Ok mate. You have the inside word on his cycle do you? Fucking dickhead

This, ronaldo is natty but totally insane about his trainings routins and diet

>this would take the average dude 3-5 years of hard work

Ronaldo has been training seriously for 15 years.

nope. because free weights are superior even for isolation.

>this would take the average dude 3-5 years of hard work
Implying a guy who has been a pro since he was 16, hasn't done any hard work in the last 15 years. You are fucking retarded.

machines will injure you more than free weights

>Don't care
You cared enough to post here you dumb cunt.

Ronaldo actually lifts and from what I hear is a big proponent of doing it for his sport.

2-3 years if you have shit genetics. You will never have his lats but rest is easily achievable with bodybuilding training

don't ignore my reply you fucking retard