This is going to sound absolutely retarded, but how the fuck do I use these?

This is going to sound absolutely retarded, but how the fuck do I use these?

At home I usually blend my protein in the blender, into like a smoothie or some shit.

What do people do with these at the gym? Are they literally just putting in two scoops and mixing it with water from the tap? Is it some kind of hellish water milkshake?

the ball helps break shit up and mix it so its like a handheld blender

>Are they literally just putting in two scoops and mixing it with water from the tap? Is it some kind of hellish water milkshake?

Yes.

user, you're fucking retarded

Yeah but are they blending water and powder? Won't it taste like death?

>open lid
>put ball in
>put powder in
>put liquid in
>put cap on
>shake

It does, i use milk

I can confirm it does indeed taste like death. Some guys remove the milk because "muh calories"

yeah it tastes like fucking shit but im not a pussy so suck it up

But how do you keep your milk cold while you're at the gym?

who the fuck drinks milk at the gym

It tastes fine with water, you're all a bunch of big babies.

My gym sells milk, but you are also allowed to leave your own milk in the fridge behind the counter, if you have specific dietary requirements or are too poor to afford the gym milk. I'm not even mad at the latter statement, to be fair it's like £2 for 500ml of milk lol.

Having your protein shake with water is just 3rd world tier. Even full skimmed milk which has like what, 30cals per 100ml is better than water.

For a time I was too poor to afford the gym milk everyday, so I bought powdered milk and just used that with water... but it was still 3rd world.

>too poor to afford 'the gym milk'

I don't know why this is so funny but I'm fucking crying

i swear the owners are watering down the milk in my gym's milkbar

just buy good protein powder and it will be ok with water.

guy at the gnc where I bought my first jug of protein powder said, "you can mix it with water or milk, it tastes the same."

no, no it doesn't.

So what? You're not drinking it to enjoy it. It's just a protein supplement.

If you're fine with 'ok' then go ahead. I've used myprotein, bulkpoweders and a host of other stuff here in the UK and it's all dreadful with water.

Just mix it with full skimmed milk if you're scared of the calories.

You put the protein in the shaker and shake it. Some may call it a protein shaker

I use coconut milk and there's no problem leaving it out for an hour before you drink it

Are you really this clueless?

The good ones actually have a separate little cup that screws into the bottom where you put the powder. So you put your milk in the top, and only put the powder in when you're ready to shake it up and drink it.

Lots of people don't have a super clos gym. For me, I'm driving 20 minutes to the gym and then my set is an hour, hour and a half.

I don't want to leave fucking whole milk out in 85 degree weather for two hours.

Not everybody works out for only an hour you lazy fuck

>what is a cooler

>what is a guesstimate
Coconut milk could probably sit in a blender bottle for 2-3 hours with no ill effects, put some ice in it and go workout you fucking mong

First, I don't want to start lugging fucking coolers around.

Second, coconut water is gay as fuck.

Third, putting ice in my shaker, not even once.

ON whey tastes like shit with water but the one I'm using now is actually pretty good. It depends on the brand I guess.

put a block of ice in it

I said "coconut milk," not coconut water. Two very different things.

>i dont feel like doing it
Well OP's question was "how do they do it," i answered that question, the fact that you think the solution is gay or annoying is irrelevant.

i always use water and never thought that it tastes bad

Put the liquid in first then the powder, I find that putting the powder in first the powder sticks to the corners at the bottom of the shaker.

use less water and shake it more or stop being a bitch about taste
when i'm cutting and fasting, i take my bottle to work with 2tbsp of peanut butter, 1 scoop whey and 1 scoop oats with just a little water so the oats get soft and it tastes like shit but its awesome macros

Some protein powders are good but they all have that nasty, distinct aftertaste. Mixing it with milk doesnt even change shit.

I'm just picturing user going to this milk bar after his workout like Cheers
>Hey guys
>user
>Get me a milk, Sammy!

Wtf noone has in their gym that machine which is something like water machine and if you have one year permanent ticket you can get the milk for free from it? (ofc rules may differ, that's not the point)

Cannot find the photo ffs, google throws only fucking cow related machines

What the hell are you talking about, user?

What the fuck are you talking about

Permanent milk tickets

Milk machine - similar to these water machines with huge jug on the top but here design is little different, jug is hidden inside and you cannot see it, probably insolated also
But functionality is pretty much same, however you cannot choose cold or hot

Lel not milk tickets, gym tickets, milk is for free then

Do you mean a gym membership? Or do you actually have to exchange tickets to enter the gym like some kind of Chuck E. Cheese?

Yep, gym membership, couldn't recall the correct words so called it that retarded

Have you seen these before or did you invent that?

I thought it's a common thing, that' why I asked. We had some also in our elementary school, to make kids rather drink milk than coke and shit.

>too poor to afford the gym milk
"gym milk" if free if you know where to ask.

Isnt there some shit with having whey after the workout with water which makes absorption quicker?

Neoprene sleeve and / or a decent metal bottle

Any good stainless steel shakers people use?
I forget mine in my car a lot and it fucking stinks after a few hours and ends up ruining the cheap plastic ones.

It's not even bad. Majority of the time I'm having it with water when I don't need the extra calories from milk.

On a related note, does anyone here order from myprotein? I've been thinking of getting my next supplements batch from them, how's the quality of their whey\creatine\etc?

That's not a common thing anywhere. Where did you grow up?

It's on sale right now. Get two 11lb bags of whatever flavor for 110 usd. I like their stuff, but have only ever tried their impact whey.

Cheaper powder tastes fucking awful in water.

There was a 50% discount on protein powder a few days ago.

Also, try switching between different countries to see where you can het the best deal (unless you're an americuck).

Stealing this thread to ask my retarded question:

I once bought a Mutant-branded shaker and it had a screw on thing at the bottom. What is it for?

My guess was to store a portion of protein powder in it so you could make a protein shake later. Was I right?

Eastern europe

yes

Whey with water tastes fine, what's wrong with you pussies?

>powder first.

Kys tbqh

OP, you can use water to make protein shakes

but if you are white you use milk. you are white aren't you?