PPL vs PHAT vs PHUL

Let's settle this once and for all, which is the best routine for a natty lifter

try them out and see for your self.

Fullbody, anything else is just plain wrong

Fullbody works the best as a starting program, past that point it's too exhausting and there are better programs, especially if you're going for an aesthetics routine

How many days per week are you going to go to the gym? That is what should ultimately drive your choice in routine.

is shaving your armpits gay?

PPL was always the correct answer. Anything else is people being lazy.

which one requires the least amount of days?

this guy looks like he passed out and his friend drew a beard on him with a sharpie

PHAT and PHUL are 4 days
PPL is either 3 or 6

>correction
PHAT is 5 days

>PPL was always the correct answer.

t. clueless retard with shit legs

Is there any sense in doing a 3 day PPL if you're going for aesthetics and are natty?

As a man with a beard I respect his precision

Don't these require different amount of days? 6 days a week is superior to 4, but not everyone can go that often.

No, at 3 days a week do full body, or do Upper/Lower/Upper since legs aren't that necessary.

>legs aren't that necessary.

weak, vain little bitch spotted.

I only know what PPL is

What the fuck are the other two?

t. A fucking retard new to lifting

no, 3 day ppl is retarded. You can do PPLPPLx or PPxPPL

PHAT, obviously

The main problem I see with PPL is the lack of any structured strength progression. After a while, simply benching, squatting etc twice a week with some set/rep scheme you made up isn't going to cut it anymore and you'll stall.

Why not just do PHAT?

Autistic, "functional" 12 year old spotted.

I started with PHAT but I felt stupid doing the exercises and it just didn't feel good. I want my training sessions to feel good. Switched to PHUL after 2 weeks and did it for 4 months. Saw solid increases in my lifts - pretty happy.

PPLPPLx but instead of a true L I do p intense cardio

Cycle them. Run your favorite one for 6 months, then run one of the other ones for 3 months.

I prefer PPL, but I'm going to give PHAT a try in October.

>some set/rep scheme you mad up
It's so weird to me that aesthetic lifters think they need to have powerlifter-style programming of what x% this yRM is.

The internet has been great for sorting out training methods, but roid-bodybuilding, natty-bbing, and powerlifting are 3 entirely different things.

If your focus is bodybuilding, just increase your sets, reps, TUT, and minimize your rest periods. I didn't just "make this up", it's been around a long time.

Write down how many you did of a weight, then next time try to lift more than that. It really is that simple if your goal is just looking better and being healthier.

If you want to compete in the sport of powerlifting, a game played by people who are basically ego-lifting and finding ways to shorten their ROM and have as little TUT as possible, then by all means bust out a sports-level programming of "calculating percents of triples".

But if you're not a powerlifter, fuck all that shit.

what is the best fullbody routine

ss

HST

nice projection, underage shit bag. you've refuted nothing lmao.

why does everyone always say I'm projecting!!!!! its not MY fault u have a little dick and man boobs and ur gf left me i mean you!!! STOP! U GOT RAPED IN THE ASS WHEN U WERE 8 BY UR MOM WITH A STRAP ON!!!! stop projecting!!!! not me! u!!!

I did PHAT (modified) for 5 months on a slight cut, first it was difficult, then my body adapted to the intensity.

Now I can turn it into a lifestyle now, tho I vary between 4/5 days now. I'm actually invited to go places with people

loser

What about how long each session takes?

>and minimize your rest periods.
why?

Switching to phul next month from SL. What weight do I start with on PHUL compared to my working weights on SL?

The only 2 youtube natties (kinogreg and manlet destiny) agree: full body twice a week, once you're out of beginner.

what do with those 5 days? how to periodize? block?

Even if it's 2 compounds + accessories, 3x a week?

Well the idea is that after a while you can't add any more reps or weight or decrease rests cause you've surpassed the point at which self programming works without more of an educated approach.

For what purpose? Natural bodybuilding is a fucking joke, and there are MUCH better strength training programs.

Enjoy your shortened lifespan retard.

Can anyone please explain the acronyms?

3 days = Full-body.
4 days = PHAT or PHUL
5 days = Brosplit
6 or 7 days = Push Pull Legs

All of them work well enough. If you are a beginner always start with a full-body work out 3 days a week. If you are not roiding then most people will need to add more days to this to continue progressing. I one can do a full body every day and still get proper rest so you will need to choose a different routine.

I am doing my own workout regime where I focus on just 1 muscle a day (chest, back, shoulders...)
As a result I go to the gym 6 times a week and do each group only once a week.
However I am seeing better gains than from doing a brosplit since I do a lot more volume.
Do i stay in the gym 2x longer (for 2-2.5 hours) or do I go twice as often to work out each muscle twice a week?

How is PPL for strength? I know it's not a strength program, but will I maintain or hopefully progress further strength wise?

>aesthetics routine

S-share please

just make sure to add weight each week not hard to gain strength on ppl been doing it a few months now and have added 20kg to deads, 15 to squat and 10 to bench volume does wonders. On the second round of push use less weight than what you maxed out on the first day etc but always add more the next week

I never understood these threads

why don't you guys try them out and see for yourself?

I finished 6 months of SS and I am starting PHUL after my 5k race on 17/8 (training for that atm)

PHUL is meant to last for 4 months anyway. You remind me of myself when I first started lifting and wanted a program that was the best program to ever exist on planet earth. It's as if that actually exists, it doesn't. You try shit and see what helps you achieve your goals, at the end of the day as long as you don't follow some retarded routine made up by your local PT, AND stay consistent, you will see gains.

see

ppl - push pull legs
phul - power hypertrophy upper lower
phat - power hypertrophy adaptive training

>I never understood these threads

>why don't you guys try them out and see for yourself?
Gotta agree with this dude.
Back to the subject: I hate the concept of PPL because dedicating a single day for legs is stupid. Instead do a 2 OR 4 day Push/Pull workout like this: Do pushing/pulling(according to its respective day) upper body compound exercises for volume(or volume/intensity in 4 day setting) then do isolation exercises for muscles of the opposite group for the day. Abs/obliques,lower back, calves and shoulders(more attention to lateral and rear heads) isolation work every day. Grip work at the beginning of pushing day and at the end of pulling day. Squatting exercise for strength on pulling day, Deadlift(or a pull from the floor) on push day; your legs will respond just fine IMO; on 2 day setting alternate between volume and intensity, if you think they will not.