Why is there such a big culture celebrating former fatties?

Why is there such a big culture celebrating former fatties?
You take a person, whohas severe weight problems due to his/her own bad decisions. You make the slim down to a normal weight. Suddenly you have a hero of some sort.
Why does going from an extreme and back to normal make a role model somehow?

Everyone loves a redemption story. Most of the world aren't insufferable cunts like yourself.

>skeletonwitch

noice

Because it's a long, hard way.
Also

From my personal experience, I can te you it takes an entire lifestyle change to do such a feat. Especially if you were obese as a child.

because the majority of this country is fat as fuck and they wanna believe that it's possible to make it. reality is, they won't ever make it.

It makes other fatties feel liek they can fix themselves they live vicariously through the people who "transform" their bodies

also that guy in pic definitely improved his entire life by like 9 billion percent with his transformation

This. It let's them think they can put it off a little while longer and take that next bite of their disgusting foods and ignore their workout for another dya.

Because theyre idiots and idiots need affirmation.

Seriously think of it how a dog needs to be given a treat, or you tell a child how great a job they did on something simple.

If it helps them I'm all for it, but some of us know how when where and why to do things without encouragement, and will remain uncelebrated but depended on.

>You take a person, whohas severe weight problems due to his/her own bad decisions.

You don't exactly have the luxury of your own choices growing up into them. Technically a kid coule choose not to eat as much food as their parents but they aren't because kids have no sense of restraint.

Once you've established a lifestyle into adulthood it's difficult to change that since it's all you've known.

We're all gonna make it brah

Im all for encouraging fatties to lose weight. The ends justify the means in this case, which really didn't need to be justified in the first place

Exactly how I tried to put it

what his tummy look liek?

skelly transformation pics are treated almost equally though. gaining weight is much easier and requires less time if you know what you are doing, losing it requires more time and being more consistent and persistent. most fatties also suffered all their life because of being overweight while most skellies didn't.

Because time and effort goes into changing your lifestyle for the better. So of course people who make that change should be praised for it.

This desu.

I'd rather have that than people celebrating negative traits like being "Curvy" or "Transgender" or whatever other bullshit they make up tomorrow.

I love these types of stories and they are what has gave me the motivation to start the gym.

I'm literally starting for the first time after work (2 hours from now) and am absolutely fucking shitting it, but I want to make it lads.

why do these guys always go from looking somewhat cool and decent to looking 'man i'm so fucking tough'

they both stem from not having control of your diet. i fucking hate eating and as a result gain weight very slowly. took me months to go from 140 to 160.

Because they never stop being insecure.