/fat/ - Hungry Edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
It's for /fat/bros who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions.

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage.
calculator.net/body-fat-calculator.html

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure.)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/(complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html(simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week.
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones.
myfitnesspal.com

First, we are all gonna make it.

>been on a plateau
>go on a binge eat for one night until my gut is about to burst
>800calories in ice cream alone
>usually don't sleep because diet keeps me up
>that night i sleep for 9 hours straight
>weight starts to melt off again
why is this?

Second, something's gotta give

Fatmp

If you were eating far below tier TDEE, eating at or above can supposedly Kickstart loss again.

I had three TDEE "cheat" days (didn't care about macros) and when I got back to the gym to weigh in I lost a kilo. And then I lost another the next day.

I may work in a TDEE weekend monthly or every other month, if it's that effective.

But try not to binge in the future.

There is no better feeling in the world than when people you haven't seen in a while literally gasp at your weight loss. Esp when it's in front of your fat manager who has yet to lose any weight because "counting calories doesn't work". IM A GOD AMONG MEN.

I hear that. A coworker said I looked thinner yesterday and asked me for advice about weight loss.

I'm living overseas right now, so I'm very excited to meet my family again after dropping 100lbs (about 35 down so far).

>go WFPB vegan
>eat literally anything I want and get cut

Why haven't you fat fucks stopped eating meat and animal products?

I've put on a few lbs this week

I don't know what it was, what in my meals might have caused this but I feel like death right now, why................

I just wish I didn't fucking have such disgusting neck fat. Why are gut and neck the last bits of fat to go?

I keep. fucking. binging.

I can't decide if I'm weak or pushing myself too hard.
Could try upping calories but that would add weeks. It's better than losing everything binge eating I suppose.
Just need to get over that mental hurdle.

Enjoy the rapid loss while it lasts lads. The final push is brutal.

>literally anything I want

I know this is bait, but the idea that vegan and vegetarian diets area automatically healthy is total bullshit. They often are healthier because they also cause people to be mindful about food, but that's not the same thing.

>I know this is bait
there goes any possibility of a civil discussion
well done

fruits, vegetables, beans, whole grains

If you're eating high fiber whole foods you can eat whatever the fuck you want and it will be healthier than eating meat and cheese.

I NEED TO CONFESS.

I ate:
- 1 Whole Pizza
- 3 cans of coke
- Pack of cookies.

I was 310. I dropped to 260 and I have been stuck.

Insult me.

Motivate me.

think about why you ate all that food
and what can you do differently next time

Throw away all the shitty junk food in your house right now as punishment i don't even care if you just bought it get rid of it and go on a walk

>eat whatever the fuck you want

Yeah, because CICO is meaningless. This isn't a thread about health, its about weight loss. You don't lose weight eating above your TDEE. You aren't eating whatever your want if your diet is severely restricted by both food source and calories.

If you want a serious discussion, speak seriously.

Go eat a WFPB vegan diet with at least 80g of fiber and tell me how many calories you got in that day.

What are some nice high protein breakfast foods, need to burn this fat

>WFPB

If you are actually trying to have a discussion, explain your terms. You haven't said what that acronym even is, or what your diet is like. You haven't TOLD us anything.

how will that help?
there'll always be easily accessible food available, he can't hide from it for the rest of his life

from a purely physical standpoint you are correct
but eating shit food makes you feel like shit
feeling like shit will impact your mood and your weight loss efforts

the mechanism of weight loss is simple, but the effort and strategy can be incredibly complex

Peanut butter has decent protein.

Yogurt can be good.

Eggs.

Any breakfast meat, obviously, though most are high in fat.

WFPB = Whole Food Plant Based

Fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, seeds, minimally processed foods like peanut butter, guacamole, whole grain/sprouted bread.

It's difficult to get under 80g of fiber a day on this diet. It's extremely filling. Therefore you can eat whatever the fuck you want.

I ate 1500 calories today and am stuffed.

I agree with that and I never said otherwise, but this user saying they eat "literally anything I want" triggered me.

Of course eating good food is good for you. Eating whatever you want isn't the same thing.

it's genetics. i've noticed some fat peoples double chins completely go away not even half way to their weight goal.
i was recently looking at pictures of when i was a kid and realized i've had a baby double chin basically all my life. i'm going to have to go fully thin mode to get rid of mine.

Black coffee is now your breakfast.

Fuck man, this is really discouraging. What happens if I'm aushwitz mode and I still have a shitty double chin?

Why don't you guys just eat clean when you cheat? Eat more of whatever you want but with clean food.

Unfalvored non-fat Greek yogurt with a scoop of when and some berries thrown in is what I usually do. Tasty, nutritious, and filling as it weighs like half a pound. It's my go to breakfast.

Could be posture.

People cheat for different reasons. Having a clean cheat would do nothing for me.

I eat food that I normally wouldn't (carbs, fried foods) but stay at TDEE.

For some people, staying at TDEE would defeat the point of cheating.

Everyone's in this for different reasons ,and finds different parts difficult.

I'm at 197 down from 206, I want to get to 185 before I start cutting. Good to know I'm almost halfway there. I have my daily diet down to routine now

>Wake up at 10, eat yogurt and coffee
>Go to gym at 12, do cardio, lift
>Come home, whey + skim milk, keeps me full till 7 or so
>Drink some coffee at 3
>Eat clean dinner, usually chicken and some veggies plus a little rice
>Eat some yogurt before bed

It took me a while to get to this but this is huge for me. I'd always be snacking but doing it for a week has this completely second nature to me now.

Almost halfway there lads, we're gonna make it

When will I look fucking shredded ;_;
180 cm, male, 86 kg down from 97.

*before i stop cutting

I don't cheat, I binge.
My body is fighting starvation. In this state I go for the highest carb shit I can get my hands on.
Some chicken that takes 20 minutes to prepare, or that box of cookies that's been in the cupboard for months.. no contest.

I'm devising a counter strategy because this has been going on for far too damn long.

>work from 2 to midnight everyday
>class from 6 am to 1:45
>gym from 1am to 2
>weekends are party central, about to join a frat I think

Fucking hell lads, if it wasn't for the booze I'd never make it.

>TFW about to be a freshman at 22 but you've got enough money saved up to pay for college
>first person in my family to go to college

Feels okay man.

Trying to cut from 235 to 185. I'm 6'4".

>I'm at 197 down from 206, I want to get to 185 before I start cutting.
>before I start cutting

you're never gonna make it

I haven't eaten in 48 hrs. I get a little hungry, but nothing bad.
In order to get from 242 to 200 by new years I have to hit 238 by the end of the week.
I feel its really important to keep up with my biweekly goal, even if that means not eating for a couple days.

How long have you guys been dieting? I was only skinny fat and it took me 6 months to get down to about 10%.

Gonna make it
Never, ever gonna make it
Gonna make it
Might make it
Could make it
Never gonna make it
Never, ever, ever gonna make it. Fat fuck.
Gonna make it
Gonna make it
Unsure if you will make it

never gonna make it

Thank you for actually explaining what you are talking about and why it works for you.

If I were on that diet, I'd rely too heavily on peanut butter because I love it. I don't think it would work for me.

But please stop telling people "you can eat whatever you want" when the whole point of the diet is that it is restricted to a small pool of foods.

I started at around 240 in late April. I'm at 198 now.

>Never, ever gonna make it

>lost 80lbs and have been lifting since 09
ok DYEL

>But please stop telling people "you can eat whatever you want" when the whole point of the diet is that it is restricted to a small pool of foods.

Nope, I'll keep saying it because it's true for fatties. You won't attempt it because you think you'll eat too much peanut butter? You can do that now...

you literally can't eat whatever you want because your fucking diet literally restricts you to eat certain foods

jesus christ does being vegan rot your brain this much?

Yes, but I don't because I actually can eat whatever I want in moderation.

On your diet I very clearly couldn't, because it's so restricted.

I'm not sure why this is such a difficult concept to grasp.

If you're on a WFPB vegan diet the fiber will severely restrict your calorie intake. This is an extremely healthy diet that will simultaneously force you to restrict your calorie intake.

>in moderation

You mean be hungry all the time? I'm never hungry only eating plant foods. I have to force myself to eat enough food everyday.

>on diet that restricts you to eat only certain foods

>can eat whatever you want

pick one

This was my day today:

Breakfast: Black coffee

Lunch: Two peanut butter and frozen berry sandwiches on whole grain bread. 3 bananas

Dinner. A can of beans, 500 calories of white rice (burrito bowl), and a giant plate of assorted vegetables with herbs and spices

I usually eat a ton of sweet potatoes but I didn't eat any today.

I don't want to eat animal products, therefore I'm eating whatever I want.

Did you miss the vegan part of my post?

I forgot. I also had an apple at dinnertime

If you're diet consists of only whole plant based foods

And your diet is calorie restricted

But definition you are not eating whatever your want

Because your diet is restricted by those factors.

>moderation makes you hungry

See, I'm doing what works for me. I'm not hungry all the time. If I were, I would be falling because I would be eating more then I'd planned to. This is what I meant earlier when I talked about how your diet works for you and wouldn't work for me.

If you want to eat your diet, and you eat whatever you want, that's great.

But we don't all want to eat like you do. Your diet working for you because you like it is good, that doesn't mean it contains what I want to eat.

i know this is bait at this point but you are actually retarded

>eat whatever you want!
>except for almost everything!

>And your diet is calorie restricted

I'm not purposely restricting my calories. I'm eating whole, high fiber, nutrient-dense plant foods until I'm stuffed.

This would be an extremely effective lifestyle for fatties. If you aren't a fatty then fuck off. If you are a fatty then shut the fuck up and try this. The weight will melt off and you will feel much healthier and satiated all the time.

Yes, restrict yourself to the healthiest foods on the planet and you will lose weight. BIG SHOCK!!!!

>Yes, restrict yourself to the healthiest foods on the planet and you will lose weight

no shit retard, restricting yourself to a diet is literally the opposite of eating whatever you want

I'm always low on protein. Does anyone have any good meat dishes with low carbs I could try?

This board attracts all the brainlets for some reason.

You can eat whatever you want IF you stick to a WFPB diet. Is English not your first language? I thought I clearly established this parameter.

Fuckin cook some chicken breasts, sirloin steaks. Eat a pound of cold cut turkey tf do you mean

not sure why im still biting

>You can eat whatever you want IF you stick to a WFPB diet

that is literally the opposite of eating whatever you want, you fucking autist, i know being vegan already fucks up your physical state but I didn't realize it fucked up your mind this badly

Stop biting. I was the other guy bothering to and it's very clear he isn't trying to help anyone.

>I'm always low on protein

I guarantee you aren't. Protein requirements are greatly exaggerated.

le ebin troll

Any lurking fatties should do research on WFPB diets. Science is starting to prove that this is by far the healthiest diet for human consumption. You'll lose tons of weight without even trying.

The only way you wouldn't lose tons of weight on a WFPB is by trying to prove me wrong by eating a giant jar of peanut butter everyday.

You can be assblasted all you want but I know I'll be turning some lurkers into WFPB diet bros :)))

a lb of chicken breast has 500 calories and 100 grams of protien

actually it has 520 calories

Does anyone have a good goal tracking app they could recommend? I've looked through a lot of the iOS ones and they all seem to have too much extra shit attached to them. I'm looking for something that's simply: Did you do X today? How many times? Yes or No?

Should I just use a manual journal for this.

It wouldn't just be for fat loss/diet things, but self improvement in general. Thanks guys!

I've heard good things about Hibitua, but I gather it's for video game people.

It might be easier to use a physical journal, since it'll take more effort and you'd take it more seriously (maybe)

/full day/ fast complete!

Just a one cantaloupe-carrot smoothie for lunch for them energy boost

Excited break fast tomorrow at 11 AM

>just one (for item)

You didn't fast. Which is good, because fasting is stupid. Do IF it you need to feel like you are fasting, but don't fast.

I use nomie2

Perfect for self improvement and keeping track of things

I did a lot of introspection and realized I had been reinforcing being conditioned to have low self worth.

Anyone else have a hard life growing up? I had a lot of broken homes and such.

I ask because after a week of journaling, I finally found the phrase that I think I can use as an incantation to pick myself up. I thought maybe it might apply and help others. Its what I need to hear myself say more often, and I think it will press that mental button that gets my attention to start caring about myself.

I'll copy paste it if anyones interested. I didnt want to just dump it if no one thinks it would apply though.

I guess its like IF technically.
Because if i'm gonna count the juice, my next meal will be 24 hours from now.

So I devised a primitive stir fry consisting of

1 sliced chicken breast
1 back of frozen veggies (those ones you steam in the microwave that are like 4 servings or so)
1 tbspoon of oil to help keep shit from sticking

And a marinade that if I understand correctly, should have negligible calories

Is this a decent fatty meal, or are there things I haven't considered that are calorie traps. Is there something I should add?

use olive oil and not canola or vegetable oil

list the marinade ingredients

Tell me your secrets

Good on you mate

I just do meditation and daily affirmations (Metta) like saying stuff like

May all beings/I be free from suffering

for
Nomie2 keeps me on track on everything. Its flexible enough for everything. Highly recommend it.

why should I?
just go die tubby

Thanks guys, I'll give these two a look. I've definitely seen Nomie2 mentioned on Veeky Forums before

Sunflower oil is all I have for right now

Let's see, got

Worcestershire sauce (claims no calories)
Malt vinegar (claims no calories)
Chili and garlic sauce (like 5 calories per tbsp)
Paprika
Garlic Powder
Curry powder
Bit of garlic salt
Pepper flakes

Well, I wrote a lot. But here is what I needed to hear myself say. It might sound odd since its out of context, but I thought maybe it could help anyone it applied to and maybe meditate to see if one can get anything out of it. I just figured if we're fat, maybe we have common development. Its basically about habitual negative memories and views beat into my head, first by family, then others, and finally myself.

"Yes, it hurt. And it will keep hurting. And its hard. And there's not much good in the world for (my name). But that's ok. Because you can do your best, and even if you cant always count on yourself every time, you have to keep trying because you deserve to be able to care about yourself. Its a hard, lonely world and full of awful people who cant help themselves betraying and undermining you. And there's never gonna be anyone who you can really trust, even if not especially fate. But at least you can have some confidence that you can still do your best, and that's as much as anyone could ever expect. You don't suffer alone. You. Have. Value. Especially to you."

Hope it helps someone who feels the same.

Thank you very much. Be blessed.

Don't fry in olive oil you dumb shit, jesus learn how to cook.

could be bloat
maybe you miscalculated your calorie intake or expenditure
doubt it's a matter of what you ate
do you weigh yourself at the same time under the same conditions?
two steps forward, one step back, all the way until you make it and then some

>Myth number two: Frying temperatures will change olive oil from a ‘good oil’ to a ‘bad oil.’

>Cooking fats and oils are considered dietary fats of which there are three types, saturated, trans and unsaturated. The first two are bad, but the third, unsaturated fat, includes olive oil, a healthy plant-derived dietary fat. The heat required to raise the temperature of olive oil high enough to fry food cannot change the chemical composition of olive oil from a good one to a bad

weighed in 600grams from my goal weight.
Still a fat fuck, GGWP was fun playing.
Time to lose another probs 5kg

Holy fuck no you flying fuck I don't give a shit about health, but frying in olive oil will make it taste bad, Olive oil has such a goddamn low burnpoint it's fucking useless.

Fry in peanut, grape, or sunflower oil, but don't be a fucking dumbass loser who can't even be arsed to figure out how to use a fucking knife let alone what fats to use when frying.

We're going to make it. Unless you've been letting yourself down. In which case, you're fucked. I'm never leaving these threads so you faggots better watch your ass if you give up. Don't forget, even when you get to your goal, you'll always be /fat/.

Anyway, what are you guys even doing this for? For me: bad break-up, little direction in life, just hit 24, just graduated college. But what about you, fattie?

you're weak. don't act like you're too hard on yourself when plenty of people can simply starve themselves to death if they want to.

but it's okay, at least you can admit you're weak and have an addiction to binge eating. try to taper it off or indulge in vegetables. next time you wanna binge go buck wild on a whole eggplant. eat a pound of spinach.

also, if you're going low-to-no carb make sure to include a cheat day where you refeed on carbs. it can go a long way to killing those urges to binge

Its good that you are learning to like yourself, but it's bad that your genuinely believe the world is full of awful people who will betray you.

Also, if you know you are taking something out of context then don't just copy something like that, take the time to say what you mean directly in this context.

My original goal weight was 70kg. I revised it to 55kg because pretty much everyone here said they still looked fat after hitting their goal. I don't care what the scale says, I want to not look fat anymore.

what's your protein intake like?

And jesus lad, do yourself a fucking favour and buy real, actual in season vegetables so your stirfry will actually fuckin taste good.

I'd also use fresh ginger and garlic in the marinade.

55kg?
femanon or super short?

im 21 and i've never lived before

fasting is a good idea, just don't overdo it, m8. hope you make it

165cm.

My sister thinks that goal is to low, sailrabbit.com says that's about a BMI of 20 for my height (I think. It was in that ballpark at least).

It isn't a hard goal, in any case. I'm cutting until I don't look fat and then working harder to build muscle so maybe I'll eventually look decent.

for reference, I started at 100kg in mid december, am down to 76, goal weight was 75 but thinking i'll go to 70kg.
i'm 176cm/20M and been doing pushups/situps in prep for australian defence force reserves

Well, in my case its true. I am poor so my world is full of cut throats. I have to be on defense by default, see.

To put it in context would mean I have to outline my childhood development, and I dont think people wanna read all that. Its basically just how people form self defeating ideas. If you get treated like shit and no one validates you, you become withdrawn, which begins to actuate the accusation. Then you take more negativity as corroboration until you are seeing how you behave and start telling the same crap to yourself.

Thank you for your consideration, I appreciate it.