Was at the gym today

>Was at the gym today
>Saw a guy using literally every machine there is for a random amount of reps each time
>Form on everything was absolutely terrible
>watched him try to bicep curl what was clearly too heavy weight
>looked like his back was going to snap

I've only been going to the gym about a month so I'm a noob but this guy was something else. Is it my responsibility to say something to him or should I just ignore?

If he is older than you,,, no.
If he is younger and more built.... no.
If you can approach him in this manner, "hey, bud, I was watching your form there. have you ever thought about doing it this way....." yes.

I let the 20-somethings who read magazines and watch YT vids do what they want.... same thing with the 50-somethings --- unless I can see they are really struggling.

>t. shoot that poison arrow

this dude was literally lifting barbells above his head shaking about the place and feeling his biceps after everything.

I was tempted to be like look man, form is important yadayada get a routine. lift lighter etc etc but then I thought who am I to preach?

Leave him alone. He'll quit going to the gym anyways, after he vacations in snap city.

You could mention it to a worker if you don't want to talk to him (if your gym has that). But if there was a worker they should've already done that

kek, boston?

>caring about others
Want me to tell you how I know you are both shit and Veeky Forums wannabes?

Leave people the fuck alone.
Are you using the same machines than him? Yes? Tell him to move. No? Shut up and stop creeping on him.

Is he asking you for advices? Yes? Help him. No? Shut up and stop creeping on him.

Do you work at the gym to give a shit about his routine? Yes? Do it. No? Shut the fuck up and leave him alone.

you enjoy checking out other men in the gym? its ok OP, by definition you were a faggot regardless

You must be an absolute joy at your neighborhood get togethers

I always want to help,
but most of the time they just don't wanna be bothered

Ive seen the big dudes in the gym do this, and even they get shrugged off and they continue with their retarded routine.
Luckily never lasts for more than a few weeks tho

I finally rolled the barbell in front of a mirror and realized how shit my deadlift form was. My legs are quite long so my shoulders are not in line with my knees even when I think they are. I've been lifting for 3 months. Nobody has said anything but I'm just glad I haven't ended up here in humor threads.

He's right though almost nobody wants unsolicited advice.
Take a quality side video if you have quite fragile natal deadlift view that won't show shit and if you twist head to see from side that's dangerous.

It DOES work the other way around, famalam

Some regulars will happily watch your form, or give you advice if you ask them.

Just buddy up to the guy warming up with 150kg and ask if he's got tips or whatever
>chances are he's only barely holding on to his spaghetti, just like you

Ffs you should have record OC for cringe thread

My roommate does this and it bugs the shit out of me. I offer for him to just follow my routine or for me to help him create a routine, but he doesn't want to and says he doesn't care about "getting big". He'll wander around and just do like 1 set of squats at like 100 or barely more than that, maybe some bench, usually a lot of random pull ups (different reps and amount of sets like every time we're at the gym) and just a bunch of other random shit. To top it off, he sometimes wears jeans to go to the gym and I'll ask him to change into shorts and he refuses and says his jeans are "comfortable and flexible". Just fucking kill me desu.

>Take a quality side video
I think I'm gonna do that. I was checking the form with a really low weight not to fuk my spine up.
>Just buddy up to the guy warming up with 150kg and ask if he's got tips or whatever
Ok, I will! I'm a grill so approaching anyone is a bit weird as guys get really spooked if I ask something. It is actually other girls that stick close to me or start a chat but from what I've noticed, they themselves don't know what they are doing most of the time.

>I've been going to the gym about a month
>thinking he knows literally anything about fitness enough to start teaching everyone how to do stuff
Fuck off and never post here again

He squats 100kg in jeans?
I mean, its not crazy impressive, but casually putting up 2pl8 in jeans is not something most normies could do

Only jerks will not let you work in/film your form real quick
From there it's
>waddaya think, or how do you keep your form correct at that weight

Sadly, because of foreman-grill status you can never leave any room for him to imagine or interpret anything as hitting on him. It WILL get wierd.
Unless you want to hit on him ofcourse.
>that's the dream

Stretchy jeans are wonderful things.

You remind me of this teenager at my gym, who, when, the pt was explsining proper form to him had a really mean face on him, and never came back

Yes you should so you dont have to be the guy that comes over and lifts 200 pounds off his neck

Gym retards bread.

I just came in the gym now and saw some dude, not big but not dyel, sumo DL'ing 3pl8 with straps and belt, rounded his back like a scared cat.
Some people thought it was impressive

here's an idea
shut the fuck up and do your workout, then leave when you're done

I have tried many times to explain proper lifting form to people. Usually they give me a lecture on how they are doing it the right way and everyone else needs to learn from them! Some people are their own worst enemy. Just focus on your own goals and don't worry so much about other people.

>Is it my responsibility to say something to him or should I just ignore?- 24 posts and 3 image replies shown.
It is your responsibility to get to not be a shitter yourself first because there's nothing you could tell him that would be that much better than what he's currently doing

I was that guy the first time around and someone came around to tell me what's up.
He was really annoying and condescending, but he still got me not to snap my shit, and I'm thankful for that.

If you see a new guy locking his knees on the leg press should you tell him to stop? It is hard to focus when there is a real chance you are going to see a man end his whole career.