What do you think is the most powerful form of grappling? Judo or wrestling?

What do you think is the most powerful form of grappling? Judo or wrestling?

In MMA wrestlers seem better conditioned and have the potential for explosive striking if they manage to learn it.

Sambo

BJJ

BJJ is worthless alone because there are little to no takedowns.
BJJ + wrestling/judo on the other hand...

Wrestlers tend to practice a double leg all through high school.
The movement is very similar to an over hand cross, see tyron and tj, who both like to throw there overhand like a shoot with a fist behind it.
Judo teaches fluidity and 'looseness', this can be seen in Fedor's fights.

What's the most effective in your opinion then?

Wrestling, then if you want, you can use judo to complement it.

Idk.
If you have a shit tonne of high twich muscle fibers then do free style wrestiling.
If you are slower and have a lot of isomeric strength then do judo.
There are to many variables.
If i say wrestiling in more effective and then you go to your local gym and there is just fat guys not using skill to improve then your judo club with people who compete at your local highest level then judo would be more effective, or the other way around.
Just go for a sesson or two, check and see if anyone there competes.
A good way to make sure you are in a good gym is if a skelly teenager can beat the fuck out of you.

Grapple wise? Wrestling. Judo is more reliante on training with Gi.

Fedor once said himself that his grappling style is "submission wrestling"

What did he mean?

Fedor shows fundamentals from judo and sambo.
He competed in both.
He never competed in submission or catch wrestling.
I mean judo teaches you to be fluid in your offensive and defensive moves.

Grappling with emotions.

Sambo is a pretty complete grappling art that also incorporates wrestling

'submission wrestling' is like the 'MMA' of grappling, it just means everything grappling with no striking.

Hmm isn't there striking as well? I'm not interested in taking punches in the face.

Sambo is very similar to judo before judo decided to be less like jacket wrestling and more like jacket greco roman.
>Incorporates some wrestling
The wrestling it incorporates are Mongolian, Iranian and traditonal greco roman.
There is striking in combat sambo
If you are op then the most effective style is not being a bitch because they both fucking hurt

Nothing related to being a bitch.
I don't give a fuck about having body injuries. However, I don't want any brain injury because this is what I wanna keep when I'll be old.

train your neck then

>I don't give a fuck about having body injuries. However, I don't want any brain injury because this is what I wanna keep when I'll be old.

>wanting to keep your brain healthy is neckbeard tier
???????

Any exercise for the neck?

What is hypocrisy.

Where is the hypocrisy?

>I don't give a fuck about having body injuries
>I don't want any brain injury
They both suck when you get old.

jeff nippard neck training video on youtube

what is autism
yes, we know that brain is a part of your body and saying that you dont care about body and care about brain is technically nonsence, but everybody understood what he meant and nobody cares about nitpicking retarded autist like you, now shoo back to r9k

Body injuries suck for your mobility, but you can at least enjoy intellectual hobbies when you're old.
If you got CTE, good luck.

For pure grappling, I'd say good ol' wrasslin.

Thanks, it will be useful in any case since I have a thin neck.

>yes, we know that brain is a part of your body.
>saying that you dont care about body and care about brain is technically nonsence.
Are we in the same thread?
>but everybody understood what he meant
>Implying i don't
>Implying i am not questioning his logic when he says, "I don't give a fuck about having body injuries"
People on this board drink a gallon of milk, don't do cardio and run beginner strength programs for aesthetics, the notion that everybody understanding what someone says retarded.
>nobody cares about nitpicking retarded autist like you.
Living in your head rent free.
>now shoo back to r9k
>Back
I have to go there first.

*stuffs your takedown attempt*

I'm OP, this wasn't my answer, I replied this

highschool and college wrestling produces much better athletes than other disciplines. they have scouts, a whole lotta resources and sturucture, and it's hyper competitive

Never had a thin neck, but since I started lifting it definitely grew in size. I guess mainly through front squats
Definitely try them out, its really adds to one's appearance

You're lucky then, my neck is not really that thin, but it's long. I wonder how front squat can improve your neck girth

non-ironically this

kek

imagine being damien facing that specimen, like how is he gonna actually wrestle that guy to thr ground?

wrestling is highly homosexual therefore judo wins

When you realize Damien is larger and a good 4 inches taller.
Damien is about the similar size as chael sonnen.

There is unironically a LGBT wrestling club in my city kek.

Once you get into high levels of wrestling, like collegiate wrestling, state qualifiers from high school,.most of them are extremely fit. You don't wanna fight them.
You could suplex somebody right on the pavement and kill them. Wrestling made me grow as a person.

well, he did cut down from MIDDLEweight

if only he learned to incorporate more kicks in his style, yes woodley could have stopped those too, but what is damian worried about? getting taken to the ground? don't think so

might have gotten tyrone if he softened him with those first

BJJ literally involves wrapping your legs around other dudes ...

Wrestling literally involves mounting them,

they're both pretty gay desu

If tyron would of caught a kick then he could through a right hand like grarbant does.

>There is unironically a LGBT wrestling club in my city

Wait, aren't all wrestling clubs that?

It was riskier in that fight for woodley to counter with his big overhand right than it would have been for maia to bait him with a kick.

Which is probably why he was backing into the fence the entire fight, despite hardly any actual significant strikes being thrown

is it a turkish wrestling club?

who would win?
Prime Gracie or prime Karelin?

are those leather trousers?

yes

Ok my dudes after reading hundreds of martial art threads, I have decided upon the perfect combo assuming training for 3+ years and real gyms. Mauy Thai for striking and combat sambo for grappling. r8

Is sambo really worth it outside of eastern europe?

yes

I doubt it. I DOUBT IT ANOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON SAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I'ts quite common to crosstrain if you are actually into those sports.

You chose one rules set to compete but once you get out of your prime it's common to wrestle all toghether.

keep in mind that both those sport are influenced by rules, in wrestling you are too willing to let your opponent get the back wile in judo you can't shoot to the legs as first intention.

Ive practiced Judo for 10 years and wrestled for 6

I learned judo before wrestling and found what I had learned prior worked very well against wrestling.

Judo practices so much leverage and movement. I found understanding how to move your opponent to be fundemental to grappling

So you would say Judo before wrestling if you had to choose one?

that's the gayest rule in judo.

i am a former submission wrestler and in my biased opinion wrestling is the superior sport because judo relies heavily on pulling on clothes / gi to create leverage, while i am 100% certain i could submit a judo practicioner in my weight class in singlets or shirtless

Wrestling because they took the legs out of sport judo. Actual self defense judo is better than freestyle wrestling, though.

You ask this question, but you picked a gracie that isn't rickson... you messed up.
Also, rickson by armbar.

wrestlers are the most powerful because they must fight ringworm

Based on the question being asked about power ~ I would say Judo.

I have practiced Muy Thai and BJJ as well, it all started with Judo, so perhaps I am biased.

Hope this helps

itt
faggots continue the saga of a well known meme
>i don't wanna box, i don't want any head injuries :DDDD
because they are pussies, and can't aknowledge the fact that their brains are already fucking damaged

Pankration

If I say I look for Judo with old school rules, will I find a good club?

bump

Pankration is a meme

This
The guys at the top of my division were fucking animals

No, you are

I am NOT a meme user. You're being mean right now.

Honestly though, what's meme about it I've only heard good things about it.

I did one year of collegiate wrestling before everyone else became way better than me and I stopped to keep up with studies.

I dont know how useful it would be in MMA, literally the only time I was ever in a streetlight I took this huge fucking mexican dude down EASY with my skills, but then his three buddies came up and started kicking the shit out of me, going to tue ground in streetfighting is pants on head retarded

sumo

It's the perfect spot to start punching all their balls. Happened to me an a friend at a 7/11 last year.

Pic related.

This. The ground is a bad place to be. Street fights are chaotic and being able to run is a good option to have. To be honest unless you're training to a super high level, I wouldn't kick in a street fight either. Easy to lose balance and go down.

But really the bottom line is training in anything is better than training in nothing, and it's easier to draw a striker into a grappling match than to draw a grappler into a striking match.

Also, street fights are just a different beast. Depending on the circumstances, you are going for blood or to break the other person. My last fight as a bouncer ended with my jumping on the fucker until his friends carried him away. He whacked somebody with beer bottle and threatened to stop one of my guys. Glad I dont work that shit anymore.

It doesn't necessarily translate to the sport fighting, although the latter definitely can help. We had a beast little Muay Thai guy who could lay guys out twice his size, but didn't work on the brawler types.

Stab not stop

>That guy who debates about the best type of grappling with less than three (3) years of experience

Show yourself and say that you disregard your opinion.